Thread: No Sound?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question No Sound?

So I picked up a Dyno Pachislo slot machine from a friend for free who said it was busted. All I had to to was just reset it and it works fine now except there is no sound at all. I haven't been able to find ANY info on this unit ANYWHERE except for a couple of sites:

Dyno 2 Pachislo Machine - Pachislo - Full Machines - Arcade Video Game Coinop Sales - Coinopexpress

I don't really trust that other Pachislo community just because everything else is "Unknown". Could anybody help me out by telling me (a) more info about the unit itself like make, version, year, etc., (b) where the volume control is, or (c) how much it is worth?

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by hanabi; 03-07-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: No Sound?

There is an entry in our Research Centre, which shows this to be a 1998 Kitac machine

PachiTalk Research Center - Kitac - Dyno - PachiTalk

Unfortunately it's not one I know or have played, but perhaps another Member can offer more on this one

Welcome to PachiTalk

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

for me pictures are worth a thousand words...

can u open the machiens and take a few pics of the inside and inside door..

im sure we can get u one the road to defness in no time

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Re: No Sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    for me pictures are worth a thousand words...

can u open the machiens and take a few pics of the inside and inside door..

im sure we can get u one the road to defness in no time

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Here are a bunch of pictures: Flickr: cjprallz's Photostream

Here's a little video (my camcorder's broken so I used my digital camera instead, sorry if its out of focus): Dyno Slot Machine video by prallworks - Photobucket

Thanks again!

5. The following user says "Thanks" to theprall44

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Have you located each speaker and traced the wire from it to make sure it is connected?
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by dattia View Post
    Have you located each speaker and traced the wire from it to make sure it is connected?
    As shown in the video and the pictures, there is one contact on the speaker not connected to anything, but I don't know if that was just for the green ground wire or something else.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The gang of resistors you have connected to your speaker (picture 100_0549) looks like a nutty attempt to lower the sound by increasing the resistance, which a normal potentiometer would do easily!
    I would recommend that you follow the thin black wire that is connected to the bottom of those resistors back towards the reels and motherboard to see where it comes from and look for another wire, probably cut, probably green or blue, that seems to have been paired with it. I would suspect that it is the other wire that should go to the speaker.
    Run a lead from that wire (which you will hopefully find) to the speaker and reconnect the black wire to the speaker as well to form a circuit and give it a try!
    Get rid of those resistors and get a volume control for the speakers.Check out FTKSERVICES inline volume controls. He sells them on Ebay and he is a Pachitalk member. You can also PM him to buy them!
    The green wire in the photo that seems to come from the door looks like the genius who mad the resistor gang figured he could ground the speaker to the case and it would work. It will not! You need a complete circuit for the speakers. That cicuit goes back to the motherboard behind the reels. That is where you will probably find the other wire for the speaker. So trace the black wire back and see!
    let us know what happens!

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to SlotsRfun

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by SlotsRfun View Post
    The gang of resistors you have connected to your speaker (picture 100_0549) looks like a nutty attempt to lower the sound by increasing the resistance, which a normal potentiometer would do easily!
    I would recommend that you follow the thin black wire that is connected to the bottom of those resistors back towards the reels and motherboard to see where it comes from and look for another wire, probably cut, probably green or blue, that seems to have been paired with it. I would suspect that it is the other wire that should go to the speaker.
    Run a lead from that wire (which you will hopefully find) to the speaker and reconnect the black wire to the speaker as well to form a circuit and give it a try!
    Get rid of those resistors and get a volume control for the speakers.Check out FTKSERVICES inline volume controls. He sells them on Ebay and he is a Pachitalk member. You can also PM him to buy them!
    The green wire in the photo that seems to come from the door looks like the genius who mad the resistor gang figured he could ground the speaker to the case and it would work. It will not! You need a complete circuit for the speakers. That cicuit goes back to the motherboard behind the reels. That is where you will probably find the other wire for the speaker. So trace the black wire back and see!
    let us know what happens!

I just picked this machine up from a friend so I don't really know who was messing with it or what they were trying to do. If you look at the video and the rest of the pictures, those two thin black wires run up and plug into board up under the window. If you removed that "gang or resistors" all together and just connect the two thin black wires to each contact on the speaker, do you think it will work? (You gotta string me along as I'm no electronics expert )