Thread: need help with a c.j error code

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default need help with a c.j error code

First, I would like to say, Hello everyone am new here and can already see what an asset you are to owners of these machines. I have been reading your site for about a week, especially this section, but I have read the items in your faq also. My machine is a is a Mizuho Taco Slot Machine..it’s a 3 reel setup, and mine was given to me by a friend, with these error codes...I was hoped to find a manual to lead me through the repair at first, but I can see the usefulness of this forum, and have read through many manuals, never to find on specific to my machine...
    I am pretty sure it’s something in my coin accepter mechanism. I am looking for some help with my c.j error, and occasionally a(c.r error).
    Sometimes I get this (c.j error) when nothing is even close to the coin mechanism.

Let me bring you up to speed on what I have tried so far.

1. Reset switch, change odds, hold lever, change switch back...I am assuming this is a reset on my machine?

2.I have disassembled and cleaned the coin mechanism(no signs of conversion)I also removed the hopper and checked for stuck tokens with nothing in it. My C.R Error is a lot less of a problem now

3.I used a camera to verify the infrared sensor was working, just to eliminate this as the problem. There is one other sensor, and I have also removed and cleaned that...

Here’s what it will do...As I am trying to diagnose and compare to other issues I have read on this site.

1. it will throw a C.J error, occasionally(but not always), when a coin is stopped before the infrared sensor...like its supposed to.
    2. if I hold a lighter near the infrared sensor, it senses it and throws a C.E error...So I have done just about everything to eliminate this infrared sensor, but I find the other one suspect..

I will add pics later, Good ones...lol...
    Does anybody have anything I should know/try?
    I would like to know if/where I could buy a new coin accepter...or should I try to replace this sensor first?

P.s. It accepts coins, and even speed loads after a bunch of open and closing and resets...
    I assure you, there is no coin stuck or even close to it (sometimes) when it throws this code. and I do hear the click when powering up the machine, but this error obviously disables the magnet when in effect.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: need help with a c.j error code

Hello

It looks like you have done some research and investigating into the intermittent problem / error codes you are experiencing with this pachislo

If it does turn out to be a new part you need, then Stealths would probably be your best bet,

But we do have some very helpful and knowledgeable members here, and hopefully they will be able to offer some advice for your next step

Good luck and welcome to PachiTalk
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

try unplugging and reseating all connections you can find, sometimes its just as simple as doing that
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok,i did...same thing..both errors still happening...

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

We Like nice clear pictures and close-ups of the trouble areas . You'll be suprise of how we folk here can troubleshoot a machine with just good , clear pictures
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to j0ker

Thanks
    Thanks Received

9. The following user says "Thanks" to j0ker

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had the same problem on my Taco. I did what you did assuming the error was in the coin mechanism. Turned out it was in the hopper. It was getting jammed with a couple of bent tokens. CJ = Coin Jam. Jams do not necessarily happen only in the coin mech.
    I threw out the tokens and found that it was still having the problem intermittently. I figured it must be somewhere in the hopper so I took my hopper completely apart, cleaned it thoroughly, applied a light coat of oil to the wheel and the fingers, bearings, etc then reassembled it and no more problems! lots of dusty lint and dried out bearings inside were the problem.
    It just needed some TLC. Afterwards I got to thinking that the jamming was causing the tokens to bend, not vice versa!!!

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to SlotsRfun

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i dis-assembled the whole hopper,cleaned it up real well,oiled all the bearings,and put it all back together.I got the same results...I will keep my eyes peeled for bent coins,but i havent noticed any inconsistencies.Nor is the hopper jamming in any way(that i know of),the sensor appears to be functioning,as i get a h.e error when its empty..I assume hopper empty is the h.e error code?Any other way to get the hopper to throw a code,that i could try?

Honestly,this c.j error code will happen at random almost...but mostly when coins are recently involved.. I will be inserting coins one min. and going to reach for more coins,no coins in my hand... when,click and then the alert,(neighbors love that music,lol)..open it up and nothing is stuck or jammed.close and open it again to reset...then its fine till coins start going in again...sometimes it throws the error completely at random even during gameplay,but nowhere near as often...basically it will do this every 30 or so tokens..and whenever else at random.

do you know what specifically the c.r error stands for?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it sounds like an intermittent connection on the coin mech . you might want to try cleaning the connections in the plug for the coin mech .Radio shack sells a product in pen form called deox it deoxidizes the pins and connections a pit pricy but worth it . also those type of connector have a history of loosing the spring on the pin in the connector so the pins become loose and dont always make connection .flexing the connector usually will make the circuit work just dont bend it to much as to break it. one other idea does this happen when the door is open (try playing it while open ) ? it may be a problem in the door harness look for any chaffing or pinched wiring along the hinged side of the door .heres a list of errors to help in the future

Error Codes

E-0/ (CE/CJ) = The token slot is jammed.
    -Remedy: Push the button at the token slot.
    E-1/ (HE/ HJ) = The hopper is jammed.
    -Remedy: Turn off the machine, remove the hopper and take out all the tokens. mannually turn wheel witha few tokens and see if it ejects tokens properly .check sensor is clean .
    E-2/ (HE/ HJ) = Hopper malfunction.
    -Remedy: Check the hopper.
    E-3/ (HE/ HJ) = The hopper is empty.
    -Remedy: Refill the hopper.
    E-4/ (RR) = RAM error.
    -Remedy: Push the reset button.
    E-5 = Reel error.
    -Remedy: Restart the machine and push the reset button.
    E-6/ (CO) = Prize error.
    -Remedy: Push the reset button.
    E-7 = Hopper Overload.
    -Remedy: Check the hopper.
    E-8 = Hopper disconnected.
    -Remedy: Check the hopper cable/connector.
    CE/CJ/C2 = The token slot is jammed.
    -Remedy: Clean token mech and reset machine,
    OF = You have hit a Big Bonus and the machine needs to be reset.
    -Remedy: Push the reset button and/or do the reset procedure.
    HO = Hopper out, same as HE. The hopper is disconnected.
    -Remedy: Make sure all cables are connected and you hopper is connected.
    Last edited by alstonj1; 03-06-2010 at 07:18 AM.
    Jeff

14. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok, i have tried bending the circuit just to see if it would work...I think you meant where the coin mechanism plugs in at the door... Correct?

I will look into that stuff at Radio Shaq...

Yes, it does it whether the door is open or not, but it requires a sequence to reset it...so I would have to close the door turn the key, open it a crack, close it again and then it would reset...

I have been tinkering...and I found something that may be useful...Somebody has run 2 wires to a switch on the side of the machine...clearly a homemade jumper to cause the hopper to dispense tokens at will...The most interesting part of all of this is...

There seems to be a link between this new hopper/switch and these error codes...it seems the hopper will dispense coins at will when you press this button... it will also do it during game play...

Although, Sometimes it will not dispense coins with this jumper switch, but only before it’s about to throw the error!!!Once the machine has been reset, it will shoot them out as long as you hold the button...iThe only time it won’t do it, is when it’s about to do the cj error code

Thank you for the error code list,but I did not see the c.r error code I mentioned in that list.

One last thing..I am in St.Petersburg Fl. Does anybody have some parts locally that are compatable with mine?Sure would make this easier to diagnose with tested parts.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the hopper mod is usually just providing power to the hopper motor directly .but some models monitor hopper out put all the time others don't if this one does then they had to bypass the sensor so it wouldnt error out when the machine saw tokens going out without a payout command .its easily done by giving the machine what it wants during that time a high or a low .if the connections are sloppy then the machine might be seeing a momentary low which it interprets as a coin being ejected when it shouldn't be and an error will result .the cr error is a credit ram error meaning the machine has paid out to much so i think you found your problem on that error . clean up the mod (bad connections or bad switch ) or return it to factory wiring should clear the problem.
    Last edited by alstonj1; 03-07-2010 at 08:58 AM.
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

there is another problem with this mod since its not controlled by the machines sensors if you turn off the switch and power is shut off to the hopper its possible a token is left blocking the sensor and when it looks to payout during the game it sees the token and reads it as a jam and error will result .
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

CR is Credit Ram. If you are getting that as well as CJ it may be that the track the token rolls on is loose or not evenly aligned. Take the mech out and drop 3 tokens into it and do not allow them to fall or drop out. Examine them to see if the top of each token is about 1/32nd" under the metal retainer above. you might just need to clean or adjust the track so that the height is even.
    CR indicates an overpayment when paying out. It can sometimes mean that the coin did not register properly because it rolled by the sensor either too low or too high!! Usually too low!!! It needs to roll by with the top of the token aligned properly for the sensor to read it and verify it is the proper size, therefore acceptable! Too high on the track or too low indicates a slug, not a genuine token!
    check the height and adjust it and tighten the screws so it will not slip out again.