Thread: So I just purchased my first slot

Magicfingersbjp

Default So I just purchased my first slot

Greetings all,

I have been wanting to buy a Mills Blue Bell Antique slot machine for a while now but with a new condo to furnish, the chances are slim to none for now.

The other day my girlfriend took me to a clearance/liquidation sale where she had seen some slots in the window. Personally the whole operation seemed rather shady but the Pachislo slot machines looked rather interesting so I purchased one for $200. Looking at the prices on this site I might have gotten taken for a little cash, I don't know.

Anyway, I liked this particular machine not because it had every single bell and whistle, but rather because the majority of it was in Japanese.

Since I got it the other day I have figured out a few "monetary" conversions on my own and hope to do more to the machine to personalize it.

A few quick questions I had were...

How are the reels read by the machine in terms of what they stop on and how they pay out? Is it by the image on the reel or a start or end point on the reel which then tells the computer?

For those of you who have customized your machines, has anyone ever tried to customize the main glass plate? I was considering scanning in the current plate to use as a template through Adobe Illustrator. This part of the machine however, needs to be scanned in on one BIG scanner...the final print for this part will be a challenge as well.
    Does anyone have any feedback on this?

My profession as a video editor has made me well aware of the "minor adjustments" that need to be made to get things right and if anyone has any basic tips to get started, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Brad

-By the way, I haven't been part of a forum since everyone started using animated gif's for signatures and what not. I don't even know how to attach a damn image to my post....do I need help or what? Anyway...if you have links just to get me up to speed on this as well...it would be appreciated!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Brad, the reels are read by position, any image could be on the reels and it would'nt make a difference.
    As far as costomizing, thats not my thing, but you could try sending a private message to Davis, or dapperdan and they would probably be able to help you.

Also take a look at some of the threads in the ebay section of this forum and you will be able to find some of thier work.

Good Luck,
    Dan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is a whole thread on customizing, use the search in the black bar above to find them
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Magicfingersbjp

Default Thanks

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys, it's appreciated!

-Brad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I measure my belly glass length and width and then enter that image into AI or Photoshop. You can then take the image to a kinkos or if you have a wide format printer, print the new image out on backlit film.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

They said it best ! Take a look around and you will find a wealth of information here on customizing. There are even people that will sell you premade belly and top graphics as seen on Ebay (Budweiser,Beatles etc).
    You are getting in on the ground floor of what looks like is a certain goldmine if you decide to sell customs on Ebay etc. !!