Thread: Macy Thunder Pachislo Error Code Cr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Macy Thunder Pachislo Error Code Cr

New to the Forum and looking for some insight. Have recently acquired a Macy Thunder Pachislo machine. When I turn it on, the Insert Medal light flashes. If I place a token in the slot, It drops, music starts, 'Cr' appears in the Pay window and the Wait light comes on. The machine must then be reset. I have approx. 177 tokens in the hopper. I have cleaned everything I can, and checked all electrical connections. The overflow tray is missing. The coin hopper will dispense all tokens if the switch on the side is flipped. Any pearls of Wisdom?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Macy Thunder Pachislo Error Code Cr

Hello,

Firstly if you are new to Pachislos then this link may be of help to you, there is a general pdf pachislo operation guide there too

PachiTalk Research Center - FAQ - Pachislo - PachiTalk

I've never owned or played any of the Thunder machines or any by Macy, so can't help with anything specific to those models

I'm just wondering, are you only putting one token at a time in?? I don't know if any of the Thunders are max bet only models (i.e. 3 tokens per play??)

Also some models may require a full hopper, 177 tokens doesn't sound like a lot??

Hopefully someone with knowledge of these models can assist you

in the meantime, Welcome to PachiTalk

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

3. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

More of a Pachinko guymyself but... 177 tokens might not be the cause of this problem but it will cause a problem verry soon... once u get it working your going to need more

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

does the token drop into the hopper or is it getting stuck in the coin mech ?some coin mechs have a magnet in them and will not let some tokens pass if you remove the magnet then they will pass .also you might have rust or other material in the way in the coin path on the coin mech if the token is slowed by any rust bubbles it will cause an error because the machine thinks its jammed . also some machines have been altered to accept quarters if yours accepts them it might not take the tokens because there a fraction larger .Open the door and put a token in and watch the token pass through it should drop effortlessly through the mech . Pay attention as to when the machine starts playing the music the coin is probably in the sensor at that time .does the token drop in the tray or is it going to go in the hopper . some coin mechs have covers on the back to keep dirt and ambient light out from the sensors make sure the cover is there if needed if you don't have it card board will usually do the trick .last but not least check your hopper dump out the tokens put a few in the bottom and turn the wheel in the bottom by hand manually it should eject a token easily if not you might have a token jammed in the hopper and have to remove it by disassembling it . also some older hoppers have an arm that is moved when a token activates it passing by this pushes a micro switch on the bottom of the hopper instead of using optical switching .the micro may be stuck on and the machine thinks its jammed .make sure the hopper is unplugged before doing any checking some of the older hoppers where run on 100 volts so turn off the machine before working on it . Good luck .
    Last edited by alstonj1; 02-20-2010 at 06:45 AM.
    Jeff