Thread: Forbidden topic

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Forbidden topic

I know is taboo to discuss converting pachislo to quarters but I plan on picking up a working Pachi today (will my first) that has already been converted to quarters. My question is can it be converted back to tokens without major rework?
    notice

Notice

Warning: Author of this post has delusions of being mentally competent.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but i'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to subdude

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Forbidden topic

Glad to hear that you want to change it back the way it is supposed to be.
    If I remember right a quarter is a bit smaller than a token so there is usually something added to the bottom that the token rolls on. Remove this and then the token should roll like it is supposed to.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One I have takes quarters and tokens without any modification. Maybe yours will be the same.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah I want to go with the token route I cant afford to feed it quarters!
    I found where they used a small card to divert the coins. Thanks for the replies.
    notice

Notice

Warning: Author of this post has delusions of being mentally competent.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but i'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have Built a Token change machine using an old computer tower.a Mars 115 coin mech.pound £1 and a 10p hopper.used a pic chip as coin control unit.Is this considered as a Taboo like converting machines to use 10p or 2p ?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just got the Token change machine working properly now.Just won a DVD/music system cabinet for 99p 2 miles from my house from ebay.I am using for a stand for my King Camel an Sinbad.Cut two holes in the top made shoots to fill back up the token hopper from the overflow shoot in the Pachislos.Installed Note validator and coin mech and a pound hopper and token hopper into the music stack section.Works well. insert notes for pound coins insert coins for tokens.insert 10 tokens to return pounds.I would just like to say at this point,I have built the change machine because I have always had an interest in the workings of fruit machines.I have gained a level of electronics to build a controller board and interface to fruit machine units,all as a hobby.My woodwork skills are not so good.This build has not been used in anyway to get other people to play the machines and make any sort of profit. Most friends just give me a look of WHY??? I do play the machines.I do use money to get change tokens.any surplus money it takes I use to pay for my holidays..

8. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Mudplugger

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I used to do that with my two fruit machines. An early eigthies barceast lucky strike and a (I think) Maygay Homers melt down. Great way of saving small change after coming back from the pub.
    Its a taboo subject to convert machines to take money instead of tokens, I expect for US legal reasons.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Actually the reason is that these machines where built token in/ token out
    converting them to take currency can make them illegal in certain areas.

our goal as a hobby forum is to promote the hobby, and not doing something that would make these machines illegal therefore harming the hobby..

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

11. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As far as I understand it the machines used tokens in japan was to get round the gambling law in japan. They say a game of skill.But we all know you can be as skillfull as you like but you can't hit the bonus round until the machine is ready.Converting them to take 10p in the UK is as far as I know not ilegal in the uk.
    As this is a global forum I respect the rules on not explaining how to convert a machine to take coins.(The trueth is I don't know how to convert a machine and my machines came with tokens so why change it or ask how to change it).The change machine pachislo stand I have made is for me not to keep opening the front for more tokens.The fact I have to insert cash in exchange for tokens means I have a limited amount in one session.If I win more tokens I can go and cash them back up.Not for gifts that I can exchange in the shop next door for yen at a poor exchange rate. I have just cut out the gift shop.No one I know would be interested in playing my two machines.If they did want to have a go there is no way they would pay themsevles and risk loosing so i have to give them tokens to play.So it's just me and my mad hobby.I am worried i might be be breaking the forum rules more than breaking the laws in a country I don't live in.My change machine has not altered the machines in any way.If i was having wild gambling parties.I could just as easy sell tubs of tokens as people arrive and buy them back at the end.Let me know if I am missing the point here.And I'll keep thoughts to myself

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lucky for us its not a legal issue.
    Plus its useful to know what coinage works where
    Your certainly more skilled than me

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Mudplugger View Post
    As far as I understand it the machines used tokens in japan was to get round the gambling law in japan. They say a game of skill.But we all know you can be as skillfull as you like but you can't hit the bonus round until the machine is ready.Converting them to take 10p in the UK is as far as I know not ilegal in the uk.
    for whatever reason they are built for tokens. so they are spec'd for tokens
    and this is one of the things we do hear a lot of .. "As far as I know" ignorance of the law unfortunately isnt an acceptable defense anywhere.

As this is a global forum I respect the rules on not explaining how to convert a machine to take coins.(The trueth is I don't know how to convert a machine and my machines came with tokens so why change it or ask how to change it).The change machine pachislo stand I have made is for me not to keep opening the front for more tokens.The fact I have to insert cash in exchange for tokens means I have a limited amount in one session.If I win more tokens I can go and cash them back up.Not for gifts that I can exchange in the shop next door for yen at a poor exchange rate. I have just cut out the gift shop.No one I know would be interested in playing my two machines.If they did want to have a go there is no way they would pay themsevles and risk loosing so i have to give them tokens to play.So it's just me and my mad hobby.I am worried i might be be breaking the forum rules more than breaking the laws in a country I don't live in.My change machine has not altered the machines in any way.If i was having wild gambling parties.I could just as easy sell tubs of tokens as people arrive and buy them back at the end.Let me know if I am missing the point here.And I'll keep thoughts to myself
    there must be some sort of misunderstanding here and to clear it up, I think there is no debate or argument about your change machine, Money for tokens. its actually a really cool idea and i for one would love to hear more about, as i am almost certain a number of other members would as well..

as for breaking the rules/laws in another country, since it is a global forum and my goal from the day i took the reigns has been fairness for all, it be quite silly to say ok you American lot over there, no talk of Coin conversion, and then let everyone else freely discuss it.

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

15. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree pachislos should be tokens only

but, a chuckie cheese style cash for token machine is fine!!!
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

17. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have added some pictures of the token machine in development stage.Hope they upload ok.More pictures to come as I build it into Pachislo Stand(DVD/sound system cab)
    Attached Images Attached Images

19. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Mudplugger

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pictures are a bit of a blur.will take some more of how the project is going.

21. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Mudplugger

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have now installed the Note validator Coin mech and hoppers into the cabinet.Fitted control board and power suplies.Things left to do is build coin out shoot and return coin shoot.tweak the controller firmware fit a fault diag LED .Fit Hopper empty jumpers for switches to dump hoppers.Wire in coin front lights.and then fit a lockable front panel.The front panel is the bit i am not looking forward to as this has to be done well.And my metal work and woodwork skills are not my strong point.
    Tested it so far.It works well.The tokens from the machines above down the shoot and fill my hopper.

23. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Mudplugger

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Parts Used:
    NV7 Note validator Set to pulse mode.(takes new £20 notes)
    Line 1 pulses once for every £5. so £20 pulses 4 times

Mars 115 DX Coin Mech with shoots fitted.(115 Can be programed on site to take Tokens.In this case I programed it to take Pachislo Coins.
    6 outputs from Mech pulse depending on what coin is inserted.

Maygay Coin Hoppers.24V One fitted with disc for £1 the other 10p.The 10p hopper i use for paying out the Tokens.
    Connected up low coin contacts so I can inhibit coins in if Tokens are low.And Inhibit Tokens and Notes if £1 are low

Circuit Board Home brew. With a PIC 16F628A chip.
    The relays on the board contol the hopper motors.
    if the PIC inputs a pulse from the coin mech token line.it adds 1 to the token value.Or if The PIC gets a pulse from the Note Validator it Adds 50 to the Token counter
    If token count go above 9 the the board starts up £1 hopper motor.
    When a £1 is ejected the board senses a pulse from the hopper coin out optics and subtracts 10 from the token count.If the token count is below 10 the hopper motor is turned off.
    If token count is below 10 for more than 5 seconds without any more tokens inserted.The PIC refunds the Odd Tokens.

This method is used for paying out Tokens.Token Hopper starts if cash Count is above 0.The PIC will Add 5 to Cash count for 50p and so on.
    The Pic resets a timer every time a coin is ejected.If the timer runs for more than 4 seconds and no coin is ejected.The PIC turns off the hopper motor and goes into fault mode (Hopper empty or jammed)
    Other faults are Pulses to long this could be coins jam in mech.Or some one tying to Hack the coin out optics.

Switch Mode power Supplies 12V and 24V

Sheet metal and over flow pipe to make coin shoots.
    Lots off free time

25. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Mudplugger

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just been testing the operation of the token machine Tonight.Little niggle.tokens slip between the top of the hopper and the shoot tray I made.I will have to put a plastic trim around the tray to close the 4mm gap.While playing Sinbad and had a 7's bonus round .at the end the very next press the eagle swooped down and I had another 7's bonus.at the end of that the sunset came and I had a small bonus round.The full hopper had about 10 tokens left at the end1600 tokens payout.Just when You think you have seen it all.Took a long time to change that lot back into £1.

27. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Mudplugger