Thread: King Gorira?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question King Gorira?

Someone is offering to sell me their "King Gorira" pachinko machine. I believe that the seller is a friend of the guy that recently sold me his Toyotec machine -- as I received an "I heard that you were interested in pachinko machines" email. They haven't listed the machine for sale on eBay or Craigslist, etc. yet, but they will if I am not interested in it.

I've already picked up a few machines, and I had told myself that I wasn't buying any more for a while. But, I also don't want to just ignore this seller -- especially if this pachinko has any special value, or presents a special attraction for anyone here at PT.

Evidently, King Gorira is a "King Kong" theme. You can see the airplanes flying around the angry 'gorira' in the attached photos. (Hmm... it's strange. Even though it's a King Kong theme, for some reason I keep hearing "We've got a gorira for sale... Magira Gorira for sale..." playing in my head!). Anyway, the machine looks to be in good shape, but I've only seen the pics so far.

The seller is in Ohio and does not wish to ship the machine. But if anyone really wants it, let me know and we'll make sure it doesn't get away!

Thanks!
    ~ Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to SpinCycle

Fever Hunter Super Dave Osbourne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: King Gorira?

I just bought this machine from the owner, and it has been a wonderful experience since. My GF and I spent the following Friday evening (a couple hours of beers and chit chat) restoring it a bit. We cleaned the playfield, we cleaned the plastics front and a bit of the back. Ordered up 2000 balls online ebay buy it now for 100 USD delivered (pricey, but worth it). I have since played it many hours, and got a 120 VAC to variable DC (we use it at 9 vdc) and all is well. Now considering full restoration and front glass, chrome frame and brass pin cleanup/polish to make it complete. Maybe modify it a bit with added lights behind the playfield to light up the center section. Really brings back memories of my childhood, fun stuff. One machine saved from the scrap heap. We bought machine for 50 USD. Restored, maybe worth 200 tops I speculate if one can find a buyer.

4. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to Super Dave Osbourne

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: King Gorira?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave Osbourne View Post
    I just bought this machine from the owner, and it has been a wonderful experience since. My GF and I spent the following Friday evening (a couple hours of beers and chit chat) restoring it a bit. We cleaned the playfield, we cleaned the plastics front and a bit of the back. Ordered up 2000 balls online ebay buy it now for 100 USD delivered (pricey, but worth it). I have since played it many hours, and got a 120 VAC to variable DC (we use it at 9 vdc) and all is well. Now considering full restoration and front glass, chrome frame and brass pin cleanup/polish to make it complete. Maybe modify it a bit with added lights behind the playfield to light up the center section. Really brings back memories of my childhood, fun stuff. One machine saved from the scrap heap. We bought machine for 50 USD. Restored, maybe worth 200 tops I speculate if one can find a buyer.
    Welcome to PachiTalk!!

Great price!!

Nice to learn that this one found a good home, sounds like you are having fun!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

can ya post a few close up pics of the cell

thanks

nice machine
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk ! ! !
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."