Thread: Pachinko magazines from 1987 onwards

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachinko magazines from 1987 onwards

Hi all,

I don't want to put these on eBay as it costs so much for smaller ticket items, so, if you're interested let me know here.

I have a good few Guidebooks and so forth I'm done with. The earliest is from 1987 (the black cover one) and the latest is about 1996.

Attachment 1 is the Pachinko Hissou Guide (a popular pachinko strategy fan's monthly magazine in Japan) 1996 All Color Annual - a 256 page machine-by-machine detail of all the machines from all manufacturers for all of 1995. They name it '1996' as these machines are all still (usually) available for play in 1996, even though all the models were released in the year prior. The pictures of each machine take up 90% of each page in this Annual making it quite unusual, as most modern guides are more pocketbook size and the pictures are quite small. Also, the Annual itself is an A4 size, much larger than the monthly guides they produce. Machines featured with large photos in here include Heiwa's Royal Flash and CR Miss Pachi Pro machines, Sankyo's Fever Muscle GP (a huge rip off of StreetFighter II) and F1 GP & Super Combi SP machines, Nishijin's CR Sonic Shoot V, Sanyo's CR GinGira Paradise and Taiyo's Touchdown, to name but a few of the 100 or so featured... Of course, the text is all in Japanese.

Attachment 2 is the 1987 Pachinko Hissou Guide Secret Winning Strategy Part 3 - this contains blow by blow information on ideal nail placement and reel positions and features for each of the deji-pachi machines it covers, plus lots of color close-ups of the yakus and wheels of each machine. Some lovely color photos in here. It's a standard Western novel size. Deji and Hane Machines featured include New Thunderbirds I & II, Fever Gold I, New Panic, Sleep I & II, Big Seven, Digital Boy Be-1, 3 huge sections on both Cosmo Cruiser, Cupid and Iron King, Super Seven Parts 1 & 3, and finally Super Combi. Any guidebook or Annual printed before 1990 is, in my experience, extremely hard to find.

Attachment 3 is the 1993 Yearbook Pachinko Instant Strategy Visual Handbook - this pocket sized guide features all the machines still playing in parlours around 1993 for dejipachi, CR's, ippatsu-dais, hanemonos, kenrimonos and of course, arepachis. Over 150 machines featured here, including Newgin's Excite Bunny and Excite Beauty, Fuji's Arredin, Excite and Arrangeman, Taiyo's Arrepachin 365, Heiwa's Buzz Ship Bun Bun Maru, Nishijin's Derby King, Sankyo's Flying Carpet II & Old Fashion machines, and Sanyo's Honey Bar and Jetski, to name a few.

Attachment 4 is the 1994 Yearbook Pachinko Instant Strategy Visual Handbook - this pocket sized guide features all the machines still playing in parlours around 1994 for dejipachi, CR's, ippatsu-dais, hanemonos, kenrimonos and of course, arepachis. Nearly 130 machines featured here, including Daiichi's Escape, Sankyo's Fever Powerful V, Sky Kids I & II and Bunnies I & II, Heiwa's Doki Doki Dobutsu Land (Animal Land), the original Sankyo CR Vicky Chance and Golden Ballerina, and Kyoraku's Fighter II. I was part-way through a translation for this book (just machine names and general features) and got to about Page 80, so you can have that too if you want.

Attachment 5 shows the March 1994 issue of the Pachinko Pro Strategy Magazine - this is a regular sized (A4) monthly strategy magazine featuring some color photos and lots of strategy tips, plus regular features. More interesting as a look-back on the early modern years of the games than a reference book, as it contains many pages of Japanese text, comics and stories. Still, if you have any of the machines featured here, a useful tool. Machines include Bunnies II, Resort, Pinball, Final, Carnival, Super Boy V and Joker (ask me for a complete list, if interested).

I'm including 2 free extras for all PachiTalk members, one of which is hinted at in the final attachment below (6). I think you know what these are?

Let me know if interested, otherwise, they'll all be on ePay before the end of February.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There is always another machine around the corner...

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko magazines from 1987 onwards

P.S. - I don't think I made this clear. You may take one, 2 or all if you want. It's not a package deal.

Oh, and postage is at cost in a plain Airmail envelope. Not expensive.

cheers

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post Re: Pachinko magazines from 1987 onwards

URL's are :
    Pachinko _ PACHI PRO Hisshou Feb 1994 Japanese Magazine

Pachinko _ PACHI PRO Hisshou Mar 1994 Japanese Magazine

Pachinko mini_ STRATEGY HANDBOOK 1993 YEARBOOK Japanese

Pachinko mini_ STRATEGY HANDBOOK 1994 YEARBOOK Japanese

Pachinko SECRET WINNING STRATEGY 1987 Pt3 Japanese book

Pachinko _ Hissou STRATEGY GUIDE 1996 YEARBOOK Japanese - this is a great book for HUGE photos of machines circa 1996 (still has some earlier year machines featured also)

Pachinko ULTRA BIG GUIDE 1991 to 1997 YEARBOOK Japanese - This is a new one I just decided to list, and is a beaut. If you have just one reference manual in your kit of all the early machines (1990-1997), including all the Arepachis, this would be a great bet.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

They don't seem to come up for me but here is the listing of auctions:

eBay Seller: g a m e s: Collectables items on eBay Australia

You make me wish I had some money

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

7. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

damn, you're right.. faulty URLS...

your refs work though... thanks

oh, and I wouldn't fret - I would guess I'll have quite a few of these left over at the end of the auctions...

9. The following user says "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

None sold, so I'll be keeping these for now.

If anyone is interested at a later date, feel free to contact me by PM.

cheers

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to candyflip