Thread: Single Shot Video

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Single Shot Video

hear is a Video of my Ginza single shot...

YouTube - Single Shot how to
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

2. The following 23 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Single Shot Video

Another fine job!

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Cystic

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very cool.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to SphereJunkie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

8. The following user says "Thanks" to beachcat

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice Job - single shots are interesting. So far the only way I can (somewhat) accurately play a machine is by continuous shooting, so the single shots would probably be more difficult for me.

Thanks for posting this!

10. The following user says "Thanks" to NJ_Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice vid Mopar. I had a question though- the push button above the hole whatever the ball goes is not mentioned in the vid. I know when it's pushed it jackpots but do you know any history about this feature? In messing around with my new single shots I discovered that balls go in this holding area when multiple jackpots are won in quick succession. Just was wondering if you had any more info. Thanks.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    Nice vid Mopar. I had a question though- the push button above the hole whatever the ball goes is not mentioned in the vid. I know when it's pushed it jackpots but do you know any history about this feature? In messing around with my new single shots I discovered that balls go in this holding area when multiple jackpots are won in quick succession. Just was wondering if you had any more info. Thanks.

yes it holds balls that are in quick succession... then once u have caought up on your jackpots u can push the button releasing one ball at a time in to the jackpot mech for a payout...

i would describe it as an overflow holding area..

as discused in other threads i dont know if it was really ever nessasary.. when playing my single shot i have never had the oppertunity to need it... (unless i hand feed the balls in)
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a thumbnail_pachinko.jpg1967 nishijin sonya I just did a mini-refurb and works ok, but I had problems with the "over-flow" mechanism.pachinko back.jpg I didn't quite understand how it worked and had to manually bump the "over-flow" ball into the the holding area. Not until I started refurbishing a 1965 nishi did I understand how the levers worked to push the "over-flow" ball into place. Also, on the 1965, there's a metal tab you can bend down to prevent the jackpot pivot from going too far, thus making the winning balls never go to the "overflow" slot. I like the overflow on the 1967 because the light still works and it's always fun to see a light come up! I have not gotten to the electronics on the '65... yet...
    (side note: the 1967 I received as a kid growing up in Okinawa and I have had this thing in pieces on the living room floor as a twelve year old. Heck, I had army men crawling all around it as a ten year old. Pro tip: the upper ball hopper makes an excellent firing position fortress. The 1965 is an ebay clunker I paid waaaaay too much for, but I wanted a single shot machine I could fool around with, use different cleansers, methods of repair, et cetera... this has been my best education so far... I have learned something new everyday... and a hat tip to this site, of course... thanks to those who came before.)

16. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to blinddog14

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by blinddog14 View Post
    I have a thumbnail_pachinko.jpg1967 nishijin sonya
    ... this has been my best education so far... I have learned something new everyday... and a hat tip to this site, of course... thanks to those who came before.)
    Hello blinddog14 and welcome to the group
    Looks like a beautiful machine

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a thumbnail_pachinko.jpg1967 nishijin sonya I just did a mini-refurb and works ok, but I had problems with the "over-flow" mechanism.pachinko back.jpg I didn't quite understand how it worked and had to manually bump the "over-flow" ball into the the holding area. Not until I started refurbishing a 1965 nishi did I understand how the levers worked to push the "over-flow" ball into place. Also, on the 1965, there's a metal tab you can bend down to prevent the jackpot pivot from going too far, thus making the winning balls never go to the "overflow" slot. I like the overflow on the 1967 because the light still works and it's always fun to see a light come up! I have not gotten to the electronics on the '65... yet...
    (side note: the 1967 I received as a kid growing up in Okinawa and I have had this thing in pieces on the living room floor as a twelve year old. Heck, I had army men crawling all around it as a ten year old. Pro tip: the upper ball hopper makes an excellent firing position fortress. The 1965 is an ebay clunker I paid waaaaay too much for, but I wanted a single shot machine I could fool around with, use different cleansers, methods of repair, et cetera... this has been my best education so far... I have learned something new everyday... and a hat tip to this site, of course... thanks to those who came before.)
    Welcome to Pachitalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's something fun and I hope not too off topic: if you look at the lower hopper feed into the jackpot pay-out, you'll see I've twist-tied a little balsa plank where the metal "springy ball smoother-outer" goes to keep the balls from bunching up. This is not an acceptable fix or mod. And terrible terminology to boot. I'm still working on a fix as this part I can find nowhere, of course. Hahaha, love my new old hobby!

21. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to blinddog14

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not at all off topic, rather a good area to point out as it is often a missing part. I love the graceful terminology that you came up with

I do believe that is often called a 'ball track cover'. I'm more into the modern machines so I could very well be wrong. But if it works then why not use it, right? At least for now. I have two other old machine styles with cardboard fashioned in place to serve the same purpose. There are a few members that have made 3D printed parts to sell in the past along with other restoration parts and services.

Anyone else able to verify the part name in question and who or where to purchase from???

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

same as a Model "B" and "C" machine.. i call it the "ball track cover"
    aka

"springy ball smoother-outer"

25. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances