Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alright I finally did it, The NEW RARE Looney Tunes Makeover

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well as to why I am not 100% satisfied, First a couple of things didn't line up as well as I had hoped. had to adjust and readjust a couple of times. Second and the most annoying of all is that my background for the reels fell about an 1/8 of an inch short on all four reels so there is an 1/8" white bar on each reel.
    Also when the machine is turned on the reels get a little washed out, so I am a little dissapointed with that. Other than that I am not upset with the total result.

Quote Originally Posted by TANK
    oh ya !! is this an 'officially licensed' one ?
    Not really of course but I do have "LOONEY TUNES, characters, names and all related indicia are trademarks of Warner Bros.." Printed at the bottom of the belly glass.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog
    are you keeping it or selling it
    I am gonna sell it, right now it is in the window of our local Comic/Gaming shop, here in town. If it is still there after we make our trip up to Milt's next week then I will get a box from him and most likely put it up on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by dapperdan
    Looks good. What kind of printer do you use? Where did you get your graphics?
    I have access to a laser color copier, limited access but access nonetheless. Got the graphics from all over the web.

Curious on the graphics that you did on the glass over the reels. I see that some of characters go over the clear spot in the middle and was wondering how you did that. Just cut around it or print the front on transparency and then have another piece of film behind.
    Just cut them out, and sandwiched between 2 pieces of lexan they stay nice.

On this machine are the reels backlit or front lit.
    both

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Fever Hunter Urban Archaeologist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

LOOKS GREAT!! YOU DONE AN OUTSTANDING JOB ON THAT. Bet it brings a bunch on ebay. When you list it on ebay please be sure to post a link on PachiTalk so we can all watch the auction with you

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You did a great job, very nice looking machine :grin:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As far as the sound mods go, I am working on it. I will share what I find with all those that have helped me out here on the BBS. Very soon.....
    Gold God - Don Don King - Kung Fu Lady II - New Pulsar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

[quote="Lddrizzt"]Well as to why I am not 100% satisfied, First a couple of things didn't line up as well as I had hoped. had to adjust and readjust a couple of times. Second and the most annoying of all is that my background for the reels fell about an 1/8 of an inch short on all four reels so there is an 1/8" white bar on each reel.
    Also when the machine is turned on the reels get a little washed out, so I am a little disappointed with that. Other than that I am not upset with the total result.

Are the reels one continuous strip? If so, how did you do that with a laser copier (paper size issue?) What type of backlit film did you use (i.e. Red River, or ?). You mentioned the background on the reels. Did you use two strips for each reel, one foreground and one background? If so, was the background solid blue or were there 'openings' for the reel symbols?

I've just spent the entire weekend trying to customize a machine (belly, top and reels) with some success and much learning. I found (like was noted previously on another thread), that I had to use two sheets of film to get the rich, deep colors when backlit (i.e. not washed out). I used Red River film for the front (glossy) layer, but found (by accident), that one layer of Red River backed by another layer from HP (actually UV backlit that I picked up cheap on ebay) gave deeper tones than two layers of Red River. (Not sure if simply using non-backlit paper for the background sheet would be any different.)

Any tips from members on how to get deep tones (i.e. put alot of ink on the film), would be appreciated. I used a Canon i850 printer (good, 3-color photo printer, but limited to 8.5 Inches wide). Looking to get a 6 or 8-tank, wide format printer next.

Moderator - Any chance of getting a separate category just for customizing?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Each reel was done in two pieces. I figured since there was already one seam that another one wouldn't matter.
    Being on a very tight budget I can't spring for backlit film so I use a photo type paper with a light lamination and they come out feeling identical to the original strips. I have been using this for belly glass for awhile and it works out fine, but the lights at the reels are brighter and closer. First time doin reels and this is how we learn. Next time I will print the background on the opposite side also to darken them up a little.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice job looks great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2