Thread: Pachinko Parlors in The U.S.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko Parlors in The U.S.

I love to get an email like this! Thank You! I do indeed have counting mechs on each machine, they are not perfected yet because two of them are awaiting parts but by the time we open we will have them, I think a loyalty program would be great, I'd do it as an option, we run as a "Club" and membership although free, does not always sit well. There are quite a few people we have as regulars who do not want their name to be used or written on anything, maybe if I have enough prizes they'll change their attitude. Part of the reason for the scare is a lot of people get scammed and they may think I could lose or even sell their name and address, I treasure their trust and would never release it (and I hope I wouldn't lose it), we'll see.

Wow! I had heard about coins being put in shooting knobs, I thought it was very isolated, one of the machines I received had a shooter which was sticking, it worked fine but it would stick sort of like it had no spring, the problem turned out to be there was some sort of Japanese credit card jammed in and broken off at points around the orbit, I fixed this easily but knew why they did it.

I was so happy I didn't need a new shooter but then I had a temporary leg break off an adjacent machine, this ended up costing me one anyway (different title though), oh well, we did 10 days of work, 19 hours a day and towards the end everyone was tired and weak so it happened out of
    overwork versus being clumsy.

Right now I have only pulled a few games out of the container, I also love the ones with the toys attached, I think this is because people like pinball and the more complex the playfield, the more they like it (example Star Trek Vengeance or Wizard of Oz come to mind, also Dialed-In)...

When looking for cool machines I only found one in my container (but I only looked for 6), the one is Kamen Rider with the handlebars, it's a fun game and eventually I'll put it in during rotation, also I think I saw a Garo but it's very far back, now that I now this I'll make it a point to add at least 2 games of this nature.

Everyone who hears about my place is wishing me well, I too hope I can justify growing it otherwise you'll see a large number of machines for sale out of my house hah.

By all means, if you ever get stateside come and visit, I will be going to Tokyo later this year, it's for work but I added 2 weeks on the end, I'll be visiting Pachinko places and Anime Places as much as is humanly possible. When I come over I'd love to meet another fan, I'll let the community know when my vacation gets scheduled, it would be a nice way if you guys want anything brought over from the USA, glad to help out.

Cheers -- Dan

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to danno66