Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: whats in a name??

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: whats in a name??

Mine is post #27 of the other thread..Here's the link if you care!!

how did you come up with your name?? - Page 2

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Microbus has always been my UN since I started exploring the internet over 20 years ago. That stems from the time I worked for VW as a mechanic and owned 5 VW buses, the best of all was my 67 Microbus. Sadly I cleared out all my parts and bodies. Keep in mind I had multiple beetles, squarebacks, fastbacks, foxes, rabbits and even a Vanagon. I sold them all for a motorcylcle (not all at once). As a mechanic I got good deals on used cars traded into the dealership. I bought Passats, Jettas, Corrados, Foxes, Golfs, fix them up and sell them for profit. I rode the street bike for 6 years after a major accident that destroyed my left knee. (it didnt happen on a motorcycle thankfully. thats another story). However I had enough crashes to damage myself and sold the bike in 94. I was also an avid snowboarder and had my fair share of wipe outs. (as a back story I was a competetive skateboarder and surfer when I live in Hawaii) I've beat my self up pretty bad.

I was also a Jeeper and raced Enduros on my Honda XR 250 for about 15 years. I got tired of working on vehicles after working on them all day and started to take it easy.

In 1999 the Comcast cable guy knocked on the door and said they had laid cable for high speed internet. I was like "hell yeah" hence the name Microbus99. Besides a mechanic I would also spend nights playing multiplayer games like Unreal Tournament, Team Fortress, Battlfield and a few others. (this was 10 years ago). Got pretty good playing against 10 year olds.

Now I limp around after all my injuries and work for a livin like everyone else. I travel alot covering 5 states for my job and thats the last of my extreme sports. Its been a challenge not to outfit another PC for MMPG or buy another console but I have to work hard at a time approaching 50 when you know in the back of your mind you might be looking for a job some day. Maybe somebody here can relate to this?

Thats my story! Sorry for all the sad side story.
    Last edited by Microbus99; 12-29-2011 at 06:03 AM.

4. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Microbus99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Since this is a Japanese game forum, I thought I would come up with something relevant. We lived on Okinawa when I was 4. It was near the Naha air base, so that's where the Naha comes from. My birthday is on the 13th, my wife's is on the 13th(different month), and my parents birthday's are 13 days apart, so 13 is my lucky number(especially when my birthday is on Friday 13th!). That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

6. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to naha13

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2