Thread: Don't have the reset key

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Don't have the reset key

Hi,

While driving to work a few weeks ago, I found my first pachislo machine. It was sitting next to someone's garbage cans on trash day! It is Red Number made by NET.

I took it home, plugged it in, put in some tokens, and then was sad to see that the reels wouldn't spin. Then, I saw that the 1 bet/2 bets buttons were stuck, so I fixed that, and the machine works great.

Or, I should say worked great until I hit the bonus. Now, I'm stuck in Game Over. I understand that I need to reset the machine, but I don't have the reset key.

I read elsewhere on this site that it might be possible to replace the reset lock with a switch. How hard is this to do with this machine? Do I just need to take the cover off the power supply, swap out the parts, and that's all? Or, should I look into getting a key from pachislo.com?

Thanks!

2. The following user says "Thanks" to wilbr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Re: Don't have the reset key

On some machines, an after bonus reset is accomplished by turning the door key in the opposite direction then turned for opening the case. Look for a small optical device (small black box 1/4" square with 2 wires located on the door locking armatures/pushrods inside the door) If it is there just push down/up on the rods or lock claws to move them so the little cutout on the bar moves past the optical device. That might just do it.
    YMMV

4. The following user says "Thanks" to DrDark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Don't have the reset key

Thanks! I'll give this a shot when I get home from work tonight.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Wilbr!

To swap out the reset key is fairly easy. Just unplug the machine and start looking for a way to open the power supply box. Once your in, there should be 2 wires attached to the key switch. Simply attach them to a $3 radio shack switch and you should be good to go. Basically your are just opening or closing the circuit with the switch instead of a key. Should be an easy and cheap fix. . Many other members here are more technical then myself and I'm sure that could advise a little deeper.

If I can do it, it must be easy !!

7. The following user says "Thanks" to millermaster1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

its so easy "a caveman could do it"
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by millermaster1 View Post
    Welcome Wilbr!

To swap out the reset key is fairly easy. Just unplug the machine and start looking for a way to open the power supply box. Once your in, there should be 2 wires attached to the key switch. Simply attach them to a $3 radio shack switch and you should be good to go. Basically your are just opening or closing the circuit with the switch instead of a key. Should be an easy and cheap fix. . Many other members here are more technical then myself and I'm sure that could advise a little deeper.

This is great! I'll see if I can open the power supply box tonight. If so, I'll stop by Radio Shack tomorrow.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by millermaster1 View Post
    Welcome Wilbr!

This is great! I'll see if I can open the power supply box tonight. If I can, I'll stop by Radio Shack tomorrow for a switch.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The only tools you should need are a dremel (if the hole for the keyed switch is smaller than the required mount for the switch), a wire stripper and a soldering iron. Usually you'll just have to make the hole round, as they tend to have straight sides to keep the keyed switch from rotating along with the key.

Took me less than ten minutes to finish one of my machines that had no key.
    A Hardy har har...

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Meathead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also there should be 2 switches inside the machine (possibly on the inside of the door) that control what happens after a BB. One controls weather it pays out the remaining 50 credits and one controls weather a reset is needed or not.
    Have a nice day

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to njmatt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all the responses. I was able to reset the machine from the switch by the door lock.

Then, I took off out the power supply box (which was easier to do than expected), opened it up, and took out the key switch which I'm going to be bring to Radio Shack so that I can match the size with a non-key switch.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

16. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to wilbr