Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: powerflash franken pachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: powerflash franken pachi

thanks for the compliments! this will push me to do that last bit of fine tuning when I wake up this afternoon. (it was a long 9 hours at oakland kaiser's ER last night )

yes, mopar, cutting down the wires is a good idea. I looked at them again, and they aren't as fine as I thought (I remembered like computer ribbon cables), so it IS possible to chop out about 3 feet from each bundle.

then, I can tape the couple wires down under the stainless pan and they won't show at all from the front

so, now that I am almost done with my display piece, I think that I will put her up where jaws is right now, and move jaws to salinas, to have a modern there!

been thinking to add a couple riser feet on the sides, let the balls flow into the bottom (add a back to make a trough) and put a little door on front, like pachinkocabinets'. then, an acrylic funnel from scraps left over, and I should be ready to roll those pachinko balls

thanks for all the support along the way. it's been quite the learning experience, and it's given me ideas for the next "custom vintage."

just wait 'til you hear what I've been laying awake planning this week I ordered $40 in parts from electronicsurplus, so there are going to be lots and lots of wires on this next one... but still a nishijin B jackpot mechanism.
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    So what is this pachinko actualy ?? A Vintage, A Vintage Modern, A Omage to a Vintage Power Flash ,Or
    I think I would call it a "RestoMod"

a web site defines restomod as (definition of Restomod is a vintage vehicle that takes advantage of modern components during restoration to improve performance, safety and comfort.)

Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wink Re: powerflash franken pachi

You All Just Wait ! ! !

I hear Chewy is Going to install A

Spoiler
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Chewy

I notice you are missing some of the decals on your card strip.
    When I started on my Fl. powerflash my decals fell off. They were in bad shape, so I took them to the sign guy who letters my trucks and asked him to make me a couple of sets. Thought I might need an extra set for my other machine, but turns out they are in great shape.
    PM me your mailing address and I'll send them to you when they are done. Should be this coming week.
    If anyone else needs a set, let me know. I'm sure he can print out some more easily, now that he has them in his computer.

Mike.

8. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to mbodi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very well done and now you have a one-of-a-kind PF.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hey mike. I will PM you. let me know how much they charged you.

the Red decals are actually there, but WAY faded out. there is one king of clubs missing on the right upper pocket though.

I was going to photograph and print a set myself from the other PF. this will really save me some time/effort.

hey NIT - how about a tesla coil? how about a pachi EV (electric vehicle)? let's see, tulip windows?
    PachiTalk

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

latest prototypes of ball ramps and collectors.

I think that I will put acrylic on the top for the funnel and ball director, and use plywood on the bottom reservoir since it's in the back.

plan is to drill a hole on the right side (as you face machine front) and have the outflow high enough to open a small plastic swing door and fill a ball tray. then, I should not have to raise the machine more.

still have not done the inner microswitch paddle widening or acrylic angles yet, was working on the green bean sparrow... it's still got a couple issues, but is almost ready to come down to salinas to live.

so many projects, so little time...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PachiTalk

14. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post
    I think that I will put acrylic on the top for the funnel and ball director, and use plywood on the bottom reservoir since it's in the back.

luan plywood is great.. nice and thin and looks good

i buy mine at home depot in small sheets
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the Red decals are actually there, but WAY faded out. there is one king of clubs missing on the right upper pocket though.

I was going to photograph and print a set myself from the other PF. this will really save me some time/effort.

hey NIT - how about a tesla coil? how about a pachi EV (electric vehicle)? let's see, tulip windows?
    Large ones on there way.
    Small ones next week.
    He did a nice job. He said the program in his computer for doing his lettering cost $4,000.

Mike.

17. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to mbodi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mbodi View Post
    Large ones on there way.
    Small ones next week.
    He did a nice job. He said the program in his computer for doing his lettering cost $4,000.

Mike.
    nice looking

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Chewy & John
    Got the decals on the card strip on my Florida PF. Really brightens things up. Now I need to get the small ones off of the tulips.

20. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to mbodi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks very sharp. Thanks again for helping us out, I wasn't sure how I was going to reproduce those stickers for my redone PF. Those were the only thing on my machine that I couldn't redo on my own.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow! It seems like we need to start keeping a list of suppliers and resources for the hard-to-find or custom made parts needed for vintage restorations. A person or company who makes these and other decals for PF, machines, tulips, etc would probably get some steady business from PT members working on restorations. I think Siouxzan also had someone who was designing and printing replacement and custom cells for vintages.

I'm going to start a new thread for Resources for Vintage Machine Restorations where we can post contact info for people and companies who can supply us with such items. If we get enough, then perhaps we can make it a sticky.

In the meantime, if you have someone that is supplying you with custom items for restorations (such as the PF decals mentioned above), check with the supplier and see if they would be OK with having their information posted on PT.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

23. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mbodi View Post
    Hey Chewy & John
    Got the decals on the card strip on my Florida PF. Really brightens things up. Now I need to get the small ones off of the tulips.
    hey mike!

I just got through some of my mail after returning from florida.

most EXCELLENT stickers. can't wait to put them on.

THANKS

chewy
    PachiTalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is an amazing level of work - Thank you for posting this!

I work on repairing machines / equipment at night and got distracted - You work on repairing people at night and completed the project with impressive results, that is truly outstanding. No question.

You just gave me a complement on my precise and exacting job - I must return that with a big thanks! Your work is a fun and impressive experiment and I was truly impressed and excited by the results. It is great to see that you have family pachi modification support!

Now I'll feel odd about going into a tool throwing cranky rant because I didn't get enough sleep during the day.

It also means that I have been gone far too long!

Let me know if you ever want electronics for your projects! I would love to help.

26. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to ShockSystem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ShockSystem View Post
    This is an amazing level of work - Thank you for posting this!

I work on repairing machines / equipment at night and got distracted - You work on repairing people at night and completed the project with impressive results, that is truly outstanding. No question.

You just gave me a complement on my precise and exacting job - I must return that with a big thanks! Your work is a fun and impressive experiment and I was truly impressed and excited by the results. It is great to see that you have family pachi modification support!

Now I'll feel odd about going into a tool throwing cranky rant because I didn't get enough sleep during the day.

It also means that I have been gone far too long!

Let me know if you ever want electronics for your projects! I would love to help.
    thanks for looking over this stuff, shock. I had missed your input along the way, as I know that you would have had good suggestions

in regards to electronics, have you done any programming of PIC chips?

you will find a thread that emmadog started about his arepachi from japan, which, tragically, did not come with the circuit boards. he is having someone program some boards to try to replicate the game play.

I have been planning an arepachi from modifying either a nishijin A or B, and first pass was going to be switches in series (get the 3 or 4 pockets, close the switches, engage solenoid).

the second interation was going to use logic chips or PIC programmable to make things more interesting with more complex rules.

it will be a couple months out at this point, given the number of machines that I need to clean and refurbish, but if you have experience or suggestions along this line, it would be really helpful.

again, welcome back!!
    PachiTalk

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11