Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: arepachi.. or.. arepricy NY

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: arepachi.. or.. arepricy (NY)

You are correct what I meant was if you have the only one and there are no collectors

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's the thing with pachinko/pachislo period, there are very few collectors, and a precious few here (US) that recognize any significance to any specific machine. Then again, significance is in the eye of the beholder.

If you feel that game is worth that much, I hope you don't sell it, it's obviously worth a lot to you (totally serious, no sarcasm intended). I feel the same way about Goldie

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

maybe Jano will buy it
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

arepachi arepricey

areyoucrazy

I am at your Service

7. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Zoltar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by dattia View Post
    ... I do however read almost every darn post on this site...
    ok, dattia, you scaring me now hehehehhehe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Firstly, Welcome to PachiTalk DavidC

That is a very nice Arepachi you have, and it is great that it has been with you for all these years, you have obviously cared for it and enjoyed it with your family

I disagree with the value you place on it, but that is only my personal opinion, and based on what I have learned about Pachinkos in general since joining this site over 3 years ago

As far as I am aware PachiTalk is THE (English written/ speaking) source of Pachinko information in the US and many other countries who are represented amongst our membership

The only point I am trying to make is that if you can't find an interested buyer amongst our vast pachinko addicted Members then one won't be easy to find elsewhere

Unless of course you can find a buyer in Japan?? That isn't as crazy as it might sound, It seems that the Japanese do seem to value their vintages a little more than we do, probably because they shipped most of them over to the west to be reconditioned back in the 70's??

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all the comments- I just offered this yesterday - lets see what happens.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

being one of the members that has 3 of these "rare" machines i guess i should consider selling one or two???

being a bit of a personal person ihave kinda held my cost close to my Wallet but i guess this is as good as any to come clean...

my first machiens was a gift.. my step sons father in law bought it for 7 dollers... no not typo... seven dollers.. this one did need a little work and my total investment is about 55 more dollers...

my other two were from craigs list... and i paid a whopping 45 dollers each... again no typo... one of the two is mint mint mint as well.. plug and play never had a problem.. the other did have a bad transformer and after replacing that it workes perfect as well...

just my 2.800,000 pennys worth

my other two

seeing how they are twins...
    Last edited by Moparformances; 12-17-2009 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think that price is in Yen!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

DAve, I'll give you $100.00 and I'll come pick it up.

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to CoventryCat86

Thanks
    Thanks Received

$28,000 is a meer bag of shells, when it comes to machine value after all, compared
    to MILLION GOD which is is Pricele$$
    Led Zepplin

18. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    $28,000 is a meer bag of shells, when it comes to machine value after all, compared
    to MILLION GOD which is is Pricele$$
    Thanks Eddie, I've been hearing great things about MILLION GOD.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Indeed there was a time when I'd temper my post, and be kind like most of the others have done here about the asking price on this machine.

Their gentleness in this discussion is admirable.

But retirement gives one the option to be honest, if nothing else... so... in my TRUE opinion...

You're out of your freaking mind if you actually think you'd get anything close to that price!
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

21. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to logicprobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmmmm... I wonder how LP really feels.
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now I'll admit, I'm really new here and I suppose comparing cars to Pachinko machines may be "apples to oranges" but please allow me to tell a story, a nice little story about a gray Jaguar:

I have this absolutely PERFECT 1986 Jaguar XJ6. I mean this car is MINT, SHOWROOM condition. Oh, I forgot to use the word "VINTAGE" yeah, the car is VINTAGE so that means something, right? It cost about $34,000.00 brand new in 1986 and man, I'm tellin' ya you would never even know this car is 23 years old. I keep it in a climate controlled garage and not only that, I cover the car with an insulated dust cover. When I bring it to British car shows, I get almost perfect 100.00 scores. There is probably not a nicer 1986 Jaguar XJ6 on the planet, that's how good this car is. When I bring it to car shows, it travels in an enclosed trailer, yes it's a "trailer queen" but let's face it, being VINTAGE, ANTIQUE, CATEGORY 1, PERFECT, 2nd owner car, I don't want to reduce it's value. I don't even let my kids touch it let alone even sit in it and if they think they're ever going to DRIVE it, they're crazy! I don't even drive it!

Now I don't know what it's worth but heck, if it cost $34,000.00 when it was brand new, being a 23 year old VINTAGE, MINT, PERFECT automobile, I figure it's worth at least what, $306,000.00, right? I mean if an old Pachinko machine can cost nine times what it went for when it was brand new, let's face it, this car is a STEAL for $306,000.00.

If anyone wants my MINT, VINTAGE, SHOWROOM CONDITION 1986 Jaguar, shoot me a PM. The price is $306,000.00 FIRM!!! Certified check or PayPal accepted.

Dave, maybe we can work out a trade, your pachinko and $280,000.00 for my Jaguar? Whadda say?
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 12-18-2009 at 01:50 PM.

24. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to CoventryCat86

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Now I'll admit, I'm really new here and I suppose comparing cars to Pachinko machines may be "apples to oranges" but please allow me to tell a story, a nice little story about a gray Jaguar:

I have this absolutely PERFECT 1986 Jaguar XJ6. I mean this car is MINT, SHOWROOM condition. Oh, I forgot to use the word "VINTAGE" yeah, the car is VINTAGE so that means something, right? It cost about $34,000.00 brand new in 1986 and man, I'm tellin' ya you would never even know this car is 23 years old. I keep it in a climate controlled garage and not only that, I cover the car with an insulated dust cover. When I bring it to British car shows, I get almost perfect 100.00 scores. There is probably not a nicer 1986 Jaguar XJ6 on the planet, that's how good this car is. When I bring it to car shows, it travels in an enclosed trailer, yes it's a "trailer queen" but let's face it, being VINTAGE, ANTIQUE, CATEGORY 1, PERFECT, 2nd owner car, I don't want to reduce it's value. I don't even let my kids touch it let alone even sit in it and if they think they're ever going to DRIVE it, they're crazy! I don't even drive it!

Now I don't know what it's worth but heck, if it cost $34,000.00 when it was brand new, being a 23 year old VINTAGE, MINT, PERFECT automobile, I figure it's worth at least what, $306,000.00, right? I mean if an old Pachinko machine can cost nine times what it went for when it was brand new, let's face it, this car is a STEAL for $306,000.00.

If anyone wants my MINT, VINTAGE, SHOWROOM CONDITION 1986 Jaguar, shoot me a PM. The price is $306,000.00 FIRM!!! Certified check or PayPal accepted.

Dave, maybe we can work out a trade, your pachinko and $280,000.00 for my Jaguar? Whadda say?
    Bravo
    the

LLTR

26. The following user says "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If I had to have your car I would do the deal, but I am not interested in your car. But thanks for the offer - It sounds like a really great car. PS. I have a 2000 corvette bought new sitting in the garage with a 1/4inch of dust on it and 143 miles on the OD. What do you think it will be worth in 2040 if I never move it?
    Last edited by DavidC; 12-18-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Whatever someone is willing to pay for it...

Dawn

29. The following user says "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    If I had to have your car I would do the deal, but I am not interested in your car. But thanks for the offer - It sounds like a really great car. PS. I have a 2000 corvette bought new sitting in the garage with a 1/4inch of dust on it and 143 miles on the OD. What do you think it will be worth in 2040 if I never move it?
    probabley not much unless u know store allot of gas to put in it
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

31. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I like that comment - so you think I should be collecting gas instead of cars and arepachis

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast