Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bill validators

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Bill validators

I figure if the credit mod can work then someone should be able to figure out how to get a bill validator to work as well.

I read about this "elsewhere" but there was never a solution posted as how to do this.

I really want to do this mod but I have no electronic knowledge.

Right now my plan is to buy a Coin machine for my tokens but I would rather just have the validator on my machine.

There were some video clips of someone that had succeded with this mod, but does anyone here have any info on the subject?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

dastooge where are you going to be buying your token dispenser? as far as all these mods go i prefer keeping my machines authentic and stock as they were in japan, but the bill acceptor mod would be cool!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll probably buy it locally, I think I can pick a used one up for about $50-$100

As far as the validator mod goes, I would only mod a cheaper machine if I had to cut a hole into it. If the mod can be done, I'm sure you could just run wires into the machine without having to damage it at all. You could put the bill validator on top or beside it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

let me know if you can find one for 50-100 or so ive been looking for one

Thanks
    Thanks Received

They have some on ebay. I'm not sure how much they go for there. But I will let you know how much I get mine for. I will be getting it at an auction, last time they went for around $50 I believe. But I had no interest in it then so I can't be sure. If they go for that do you want me to pick one up for you. I can ship it to you.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

dont worry about picking me one up next time you go but if you get one post some pics of it, im not sure if i am going to get one and reface it and try to make it look like something you'd see in a japanese parlor or if ill just use it as is but thanks for the offer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

$50 - $100 is a fantastic deal. The cheapest one I have seen on eBay went for closer to $400 dollars. Plus depending on the model, these things can weigh up to around 375 pounds so they will be pretty costly to ship. I would be really interested in seeing a change machine in the $50 - $100 range.

I could be wrong about this, however, it seems like I remember seeing a pachislo machine in its natural environment in Japan, and it showed the machine mounted in some sort of rack with a bill acceptor so it must have had wires running into the connector on the reel stop board or something.

I also saw some photos somewhere of a bill validator mounted on the side of a pachislo, requiring some cutting, but it was a really long time ago. As far as connecting the bill validator to the credit mech, this is possible in theory, however, after 50 credits you are going to have a problem.

It seems to me that a change machine makes more sense as you only need one for all of your machines and you don't have to modify the pachislos.

Just my 2 cents worth. ~spooner

Thanks
    Thanks Received

does anyone know if theres a way to mod a change machine to payout tokens when a button is pressed and quit after the button is released, without it accepting currency?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

doing this thing would make the machine ilegal in most states and help other make them ilegal where they aren't now.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

True point arby, but it would be for home use only. The same could also be said about the quarter conversion, but alot of people still do it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sorry the law doesn't stip-late for home use, it is ether token in and out or not. yes people do it, but when they get in trouble, the law will not bend to you. all you would need is one person to complain to them, they knock on your door with the paperÂ…

Â…you are in court.

granted worse case nightmare, but it could happen, eg-nor-ance of the law is not a de-fence.
    sorry so cold about this, but it thing like this and coin conversions that are causing pachislo to be reclassified as a gamblin device and ilegal.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, they do convert to quarters...
    and then, most of them go back to tokens once they realize they have the equivilent amount of money INSIDE the machine to buy 2 or 3 more! :wink: Most people use 1000 to 1500 tokens... in quarters, that's $250 to $325... per machine!

Bill acceptors? Putting them directly on the machine drives it into the "dark side"... illegal in most states whether it's for home use or not. Same thing with quarters.

If you're in a state that doesn't care, remember to do your homework on bill acceptors first. Some that you see going cheap MIGHT not be retrofitted to take the newer bills. And some of those don't have an upgrade available, either!

Without a knowledge of electronics and wiring, and knowing exactly how to interface the signal from the acceptor to the credits in (it's not just a straight connection), let alone how to power the acceptor itself... you could end up cooking pachislo for dinner.

I'm with Arby... help keep the hobby legal.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i use over 16,000 tokens on all my machines.

you would be talking about $4,000.00 in cash tied up with same amount of quarters.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"What's that, officer? Slot machine? You say it's illegal cuz it's a gambling device when it takes quarters? Why, I never gamble, sir. I don't use it for that at all. No, sir...it's a bank." :roll: I like the idea of quarters for 2 reasons....1) entertaining way to save. 2) our washers take quarters, so if I'm running low.......or I just OVERstock on the rolls of quarters and then go back to reason 1 I like the idea (for ONE machine, anyhow). That would be the "Private- hands OFF!!!" machine.
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Got to go with Arby on this one..... just until recently, Nebraska was one of those states listed in the "if you live in one of these states, don't even think of bidding for this machine". It's always been "if it looks like a gambling device, then is must be". I'd hate to see it go back. Even with "token in, token out" there still is a feeling here that these ought to be regulated somehow. I suppose next we'll have to buy some dumb sticker and register them as an amusement device.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

maybe we will have to register as users :grin:
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't give the gov't any MORE ideas about stuff they can try to make us buy 'use stickers' for! cripes, they've got their pudgy little fingers in EVERY bowl already! Big Brother is looking for new ways to getcha EVERYDAY!
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by TatooedLady
    SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't give the gov't any MORE ideas about stuff they can try to make us buy 'use stickers' for! cripes, they've got their pudgy little fingers in EVERY bowl already! Big Brother is looking for new ways to getcha EVERYDAY!
    Now that is for SURE. :cry:

Utopia1dc

Now if we could get a tax deduction for each machine...that would be a nice tax refund check. :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hypothetically, I heard of this guy who converted his pachislo to accept quarters or tokens in and only pay out tokens. The idea being to use the machine as a bank, however, this guy found that it was more of a pain in the butt to separate the input tokens and quarters, and he was taking out more quarters than those payed in (for car washes, parking meters, or whatever) so it was really not worth the risk or trouble of conversion ... hypothetically that is.

Once again, I am only speaking hypothetically! ~spooner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast