Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Milt's Harley didn't make the reserve

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Milt's Harley didn't make the reserve

IGT Harley from Milt and Stealth closed tonight at $922.85. Didn't meet the reserve set. Probably be back up again next week.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEBI:IT

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think he posted it was under $1000, so I guess we can narrow it down to $999-$923.
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds about right. :lol: :lol: :-P Haha!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know this model is a special limited edition, however, I have never had the pleasure of playing one. So my question to anyone who has played one ... Is it really worth the price of 5-10 other pachislos?

Maybe I am am missing something. Thanks in advance for any help. ~spooner

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The machine is very cool and fun. The reel stop buttons vibrate when the motorcycle engine revs. The Harley engine sounds are spot on. It has fabulous bonuses and keeps you interested with the top reel and gives out credits up to 1000 at times to play (but not cash in). It talks to you and encourages you. As Arby mentioned, you need to keep 2000 tokens in the machine for when you do get to some of the bonuses. I was in a bonus mode last week that literally took several hours to complete and multiple hopper refills! Just a lot of excitement and fun and surprises. 8-) 8-) 8-)

I'm a Harley rider, so it had additional appeal to me. But, even forgetting that, this would be my favorite machine. :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, it's sorta like driving a no frills economy car versus those plush, all the bells and whistles luxury models. You pay more for that with the frills.

Both will get you there. Now, if you had five econoboxes in the driveway and one bad boy, which set of keys will you pick up?

Will you tire of the luxury model? At some point, yes.
    Will you sell it? Possibly.
    Will you regret selling it? Yes.
    For how long? Forever.
    Dennis

I have a passion for Pachinko!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Bilko44
    Well, it's sorta like driving a no frills economy car versus those plush, all the bells and whistles luxury models. You pay more for that with the frills.

Both will get you there. Now, if you had five econoboxes in the driveway and one bad boy, which set of keys will you pick up?

Will you tire of the luxury model? At some point, yes.
    Will you sell it? Possibly.
    Will you regret selling it? Yes.
    For how long? Forever.

Bears repeating... Perfect, Bilko!

Utopia1dc

I mostly agree with Bilko and slotter, but at some point you have to draw the line. Unless I'm putting in tokens and it's spitting out real gold tokens, no machine is worth $1000. I don't begrudge anyone who buys one...more power to you and enjoy! But everything has limits...I bought a BMW Z3, could have bought the Z8, but could not justify spending over $60,000 on a car. The Z3 was my limit there and about $350 is my limit for a Pachislo. Currently the most I spent was $227 for my DDK, and that was disappointing enough. I would really be POed if I spent $1000 and wasn't satisfied with the machine! Just my 2 cents!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The difference between comparing these machines and cars is there is big depreciation hit on a car. But, on the $1000 Harley machine, if you are unhappy, turn around and sell it again. Chances are you won't be out too many $$$ other than shipping charges. And, depending on availability you might even make some money. (What's good about the Harley slot in particular is that there are an awful lot of Harley-Davidson fanatics out there and I don't see the machine ever depreciating much.)

Utopia1dc

I guess what I'm trying to say is...Is the Harley worth say $800 more than a DDK. If someone (like me) buys a DDK and doesn't like it and wants to sell it, there is a lot more potential buyers in that price range as there would be on a $1000+ Harley. I know there are millions of Harley fans (myself included) but are they willing to shell out $1000 on it. It's just my point of view and I'm sure the Harley machine is all that, but it's more than I'd want to spend. Remember what happened to the beanie babies...eventually people realized...there a stuffed animal, what makes one worth more than the other? Nothing in the long run. Spending that much is a big risk unless you are darn sure you love it first. I will stop at this point before Arby or someone else brings out the Dead Horse on this one! In the end...To each his own! :-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I sure wish I still had my Porsche 914---only paid $2000 for it. That was one fun car to drive. Moved south and it didn't have AC so I sold it for what I had in it. I still miss that car and that was 26 years ago.

As regarding whether you can justify such an outlay, never pay more than you you can emotionally afford. Never buy a game that's hyped to the point that "must have" overrides "you got to be kidding".

I would think you would be best advised to read and research more before you buy "investment" level games. Stay within your budget and have fun!

By the way, I used my $2000 towards the purchase of a new 79 Mazda RX-7. Nice car but never regretted trading it in on something else.

I sure do miss that 914.
    Dennis

I have a passion for Pachinko!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I loved my '79 RX7!

:grin:
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I loved my Sears Free Spirit 10 speed! :lol:
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think I just threw away my Huffy Windsprint last fall....20 years old with 12 speeds of street runnin', mile eatin', corner handlin', hill cruisin' power! :smt119
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cheer up, you two...

Maybe IGT will make a Sears Free Spirit and a Huffy Windsprint pachislo soon!
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Utopia1dc

It's not that I can't afford the Harley. It just can't be justified (in my opinion) to spend that much on any given machine. Average machine is about $200, is the Harley 5 times better than them? If you answer yes, then ok, but if you answer no...then it's not a sound decision to buy it. :-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is a real diamond worth 50 times more than a fake diamontrique type diamond that are nearly perfect replicas? Ask your wife. :lol:

Utopia1dc

No it's not worth the same. But do you buy your wife a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc karrat diamond ring. at some point you draw the line. You could by a 5 karrat or a 1 karrat diamond...If she truly loves you, it makes no bit of difference. All I was pointing out is that different people have different limits on things. Buy the 5 KT and drive a KIA Rio. Buy the 1 kt and drive a Cadilac Escalade. It's all trade offs or oppurtunity costs. 5 different machines or 1 Harley. Their is no right or wrong answer...just personal preference. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is a real diamond worth 50 times more than a fake diamontrique type diamond that are nearly perfect replicas? Ask your wife.
    I asked my wife if she would prefer a Russian man-made, flawless, 2.5 carat platinum setting anniversary ring (for our 15th) plus a two week trip to Hawaii, or a natural 1 ct. diamond and no trip. There was no question (yes, we went to Hawaii). She constantly gets compliments on the ring and when they ask if it is real, the answer is of course "Yes". If you can touch it, it is real, right?

This is so much a question of what you want out of a pachislo. The Harley machine sounds like it is really kick butt, however, if you put it on an even playing field, price not being a factor, is it the best machine you have ever seen. I am just curious. ~spooner

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's the best I have and I took the advice of a lot of experts who have tried a LOT of machines who told me this is a great and fun machine.

But, if there IS a better one (more fun, more playablity, etc.) out there which is it? I'll probably want that one, too! :lol:

Then again, for some people, perhaps the Conti 4x is best and for others it is the "whatever" machine.

What is "best" is pretty darn subjective. What might be one person's fav might not appeal to another. :lol:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast