Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ups = lucifer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default ups = lucifer

the Devil stopped by my place!!
    Just got my pulsar off the truck. box flat on it's face despite markings. box had a couple of ugly dents and tears so i was somewhat prepared..... machine case: top pulled mostly off left side pulled loose from bottom rt side pulled loose from bottom door guide ripped off on inside, cracking laminate on outside,fist sized crunch in lowwer back forcing hopper into door, reel assy. broke loose and left reel pulled from mount then shattered where it hooks to stepper motor. two reel tapes ripped and coin tray pushed into door then up causing nice dents in frt chrome. but hey!! the glass is intact! this is an older yamasa so i will be looking for a reel, i figure i came save the tape. bought from a private seller so the best i can do there is a refund. but would like to resurrect the old girl. onl problem i see as serious is the reel.
    good thing i'm such an easygoing guy!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, you might get one helluva a price from a private seller, but you might also get some problems like this one. Anyhow, if you can fix it up, go for it, otherwise hold the seller responsible and dump it back in his lap. :roll:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tank,

Here the four I have gotten parts from:

Stealth Home Amusement
    Milt Cohen
    1150 University Ave
    Building #5
    Rochester, NY 14607
    888-798-1761 (Toll-Free), 585-271-3844 (Office), (demos@rochester.rr.com) E-mail
    www.stealthhomeamusement.com, www.planethollyweb.com

Direct Gaming International (DGI)
    coin-op@pacbell.net; pachislot777 (mail@skillstop.com)
    (714) 441-2739, tech support line at 714-441-0806
    2116 E. Walnut Avenue, Suite B
    Fullerton, California, 92831

David Sherry
    c/o 7 Mile Slots, LLC
    2638 N. Sylvania Ave.
    Franksville, WI 53126
    (414)915-2097
    website - www.7mileslots.com
    e-mail - sales@7mileslots.com
    Dave Sherry davesherry@7mileslots.com

Pachislo USA Japanese Slot Machines;
    www.pachislousa.com
    Pachislo (pachislo@pachislousa.com)
    Robert

Luck to you
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

how about filing damage claim with shipping company :?:
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Awww, California!!!! I'm expecting Lucif....er....UPS to deliver my Marine Carnival tomorrow, and soon as the whole PayPal saga goes thru, Hanabi Hyakkei....should I greet the driver with my .40 and make him wait til I check the merchandise??? :smt071
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default pulsar

he paid through the nose to have it packed at the ups store. they tossed about 10 cups of peanuts in the bottom,set the machine in, then jammed new boxes,still flat,around it 3-5 layers thick. transfered any impact like a piece of wood! yah, reel unsavable shattered in the center into 17 pieces. only one missing though. have them laminated together between layers of clear tape to try it out!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thats ridiculous, the UPS store cant even pack the damn thing right! THey should have filled it to the top with peanuts. I hat eusing them, but they always get a machine where its going safe and sound.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default belzezbub

ha!! i have met the dark one and he is defeated!!

1-taped the heck out of the reel :lol:
    2-pulled and straightened the coin accepter :smt021
    3-tightened all screws i could find :smt030
    4-reconnected 3 loose plugs :smt064

fired her up!!! except for an obvious wobble in the left wheel she runs and pays out fine. this is an early grandview. nice clean sticker & manual inside but a thick foul layer of tobacco tar everywhere inside(happened before the sticker) everything is sticky!!
    will start on rebuilding and relaminateing the case tomorrow.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default insurance

a thing to remember: all insurance is issued to the sender. the shipping compay doesn't even want to talk to the receiver.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: pulsar

Quote Originally Posted by TANK
    he paid through the nose to have it packed at the ups store.
    Oh God!
    I used them once... and never again!
    The hassle of trying to get UPS to agree they are responsible for the UPS store's packing is still causing headaches! We're still battling with the corporate headquarters about it. I'll pack my own from now on... no matter how long it takes.

Did you note any shipping damage with the driver?
    Did you happen to at least take photos of the box, and of the machine before you started patching things back together?

It might be your only hope for any claim at this point. Yes, adjustment would go to the shipper (seller), but he should hand it over to you, since you paid for the insurance. Just be prepared to wait months.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My UPS delivery guy really rocks, however, the company in general does not seem to give a sh*t about the quality of their service. Out of over 20 machines I have had delivered to me by UPS, 11 of them have been tossed around mercilessly. Some have had tokens everywhere, including the power supply, two have had large holes in the box and have had more than half of the tokens missing, etc.

I have had pretty good luck with FedEx, but I have also heard horror stories about them as well.

The freight deliveries that I have received have been the only consistently professional delivery jobs I have seen.

The thing that gets me is that the UPS packages clearly indicate which end is up and that is a high claim item, but this does not seem to make any difference at all. I received two machines that had huge holes poked in the side of the box that ripped through the shrink wrap so I had missing tokens (again, more than half once, and over 100 the second time). In addition, the loose tokens scratched the crap out of the chrome and glass on the machine.

I had a buyer waiting, who needed the machine for a gift that weekend, so I buffed out as much of the scratches as possible, then ended up having to give the buyer a $40 discount. The discount combined with the loss in tokens caused me to lose money one the deal.

I know a guy who worked for UPS as a manager for several years and he told me that the guys on the loading dock treated it as a game to throw around heavy and expensive items ... especially during the holidays. Once again, this is only hearsay and I hope it is an isolated incident. You make your own judgment.

Sorry to be a bummer. ~spooner

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The real bummer to this (other than I'm anxiously awaiting UPS to deliver my pachislo that's not 15 minutes from home right at this very moment), is that I talked to this importer who works for UPS but ships FedEx...that tells me alot without having to add horror stories..... :cry:
    My dad, however, used to have UPS in the driveway often, and I never heard him complain about damaged goods being received. Guess that might've been "back in the day"? :roll:
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

UPS cared back than, now they don't give a ****zl about it.

Reminds me of a hookÂ… Â… best forgot.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Little rat bastage in the big brown truck delivered to the neighbor just to the west of me (we were on my balcony watching at the time)...he stopped in front of my house, went to the back of the truck....and then got back in the drivers' seat and drove off to deliver to my neighbors. what the...???? So I called UPS....talk about a bunch of unhelpful non-informed people! I talked to 3 people today that couldn't track my package (even with a tracking number) any better than me. "in transit" I could read online....you'd THINK that their system would support a little better communication between the schmucks we call and the drivers. So I called AGAIN at 5pm....talked to the FIRST guy that seemed to understand how irritated I am that I sat home ALL DAY LONG waiting on the delivery that never came....told him I'd be MORE than happy to go down to their yard and pick it up myself (I'll even leave the .40 at home..) Well, either I get to go there or meet the driver somewhere to get it tonight..they're supposed to call me within an hour. All I know is I'm NOT waiting til Monday to get the package that was supposed to be delivered today, and was ON the truck all day long, putting on more miles and doing nothing productive.
    Sorry for the long rant, but UPS is irritating me at a BAAAAAAAD time of the month... :smt021 :smt017
    :smt076 and I SURELY pity them if it looks like someone played field hocky with the box before it arrived....
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

maybe he was to tired to lift it out of the truck :roll: :roll: :roll:

he will rest up over the weekend :roll: :roll: :roll:
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by TatooedLady
    Sorry for the long rant, but UPS is irritating me at a BAAAAAAAD time of the month... :smt021 :smt017
    If I was that guy... I'd get my butt back there PRONTO!!!!
    logicprobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

UPS just called me back.....turns out it was checked as being on the truck, but sat at the warehouse all day long....but they couldn't be bothered to call me and let me know that I could pick it up til 10 minutes before the office closed! Now I get to wait til 8:30 tonight to get it...apparently someone is a sucker and has to wait with a truck at the front gate to satisfy the customers that would otherwise burn the joint down..
    Boyfriend is gigglin' his buns off, and he and my son are shocked that my son's not currently #1 on my California list.....not this time!
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have not shipped any machines out so far, but I would like to get an idea from anyone on the shipping end of the equation.

1) Is there a huge difference in the cost of FedEx / UPS / Airborne / DHL or any of the other companies?

B) I have heard many, many, many horror stories about UPS, however, I have also heard some about FedEx. Are there any shipping companies who give a damn?

3) It is interesting that the best experience I have had is with a pallet delivered by a freight company, ABF, all of the machines were in great shape and the driver actually carried in all of the machines himself. Cool!

Just want to know what you experts think. Thanks. ~spooner

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default the anti-christ

they only hit it with 1 hilo during transit. so they had to take an extra shot or two at it today.
    open the box before you leave and take a digital camera with you !!!!! bring along the boyfriend so he can tackle you if nescessary. no guns no baseball bats and make him carry the knife to open the box where you can't reach it easly.
    the voice of recent experience

Thanks
    Thanks Received

TTL, is that the Hanabi Hyakkei that is coming to you tonight?

It's such a cool machine...

See??? It's already started a fireworks display... and it's not even there yet! :wink:
    logicprobe

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast