Thread: newbie looking for help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default newbie looking for help

im new here and would like to thank anyone for taking the time to look at this post as im sure im not the first one to post something like this, the help i need is. Im looking to buy my first pachilso machine and im actually look for one for my mom for christmas. im looking for any machines that speak only english if there are any (with good bonus features) or ones the speak primarily english (again if possible with good bonus features) any machines you could suggest would greatly be appreciated ^_^ ty~

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: newbie looking for help

Do you already have a vendor in mind? If you do, we can tell you about the differences in the machines that are available. To just say this one is English or that one is a neat machine will only lead you to frustration if you decide on one and then cannot locate it.

I only have three Pachislos, one is a Betty Boop which I just love, one is called Hound Dog (which has a slight Elvis feel) and the other is TWIST which has a rockabilly theme. I think any of these would fit your criteria... but I am not sure if there are any around for sale.

What a nice gift to consider for your Mom

OH... and Welcome to PachiTalk!!!
    Dawn

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well... I just went on eBay to see what is out there and I found a "Betty". This led me to write again. Obviously, the more 'English or American" the machine is, the broader appeal it has here. Thus, they are more rare and command a higher price. In an effort to tap that market that desires this type of machine, there are many, many customs out there. The Betty that I found on eBay is not an authentic Betty at all, but rather another machine dressed up with Betty Boop graphics. The problem with these is the music typically does not fit the theme and the reels will not have related graphics.

Keep an eye out for customs as you do your search. If the theme seems to be a familiar American type, look closely at the wording of the sale and try to zoom in on the reel graphics to see if they relate to the theme. (That is a good tip-off, but not foolproof as sometimes the reel graphics are changed out in a good quality custom machine).

You may not mind a custom at all... but if English is an important factor for you, I would hate to see you get a machine that is all decked out in Americana only to have all the sounds be distinctly Japanese. If you have any doubts about what you are looking at... ask here.

Good luck!
    Last edited by dattia; 12-02-2009 at 10:06 AM.
    Dawn

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's how I started my collection!
    I was looking into a slot machine as an xmas gift for my father in 2006.
    I ended up getting him a Neo Magic Pulsar & then picked up a Neo Pharoah Zets for myself.
    I picked the Magic Pulsar for him because it appeared more English/American.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to TikiTim

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Outlaw - not much spoken, but interesting western theme!

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

9. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to pachitalk!! I agree that it would probably be easier for you to post links to machines you are possibly looking to buy , and allow the people here to let you know how American they are. There are sooooo many machines out there. That being said, most of them play VERY similarly, so even a large amount of Asian text does not limit gameplay too much.
    Have a nice day

11. The following user says "Thanks" to njmatt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thank you for the help and suggestions about narrowing down my search, the more i look the more i see how right you all are about the wide variety. so let me post a few links here of ones that have caught my interest. Aladdin Evolution Blue - Godzilla Pachislo (being godzilla i bet it is heavily japanese but i may be interested in this one for myself and not my mom ^_^v) Marvel Comics -http://www.amazon.com/Monte-Carlo-Skill-Stop-Machine/dp/B000SACQVI/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1259765751&sr=8-16 - Bingo - SUPER model! . - What Happens in Vegas Skill Stop Slot Machine with LCD - PokerGamingProducts.com - Million God 2 Skill Stop Machine 14-MILLIONGOD2 - these are a few i have seen any information on these or suggestions on ones i should look at. (as close to english skill stop slot machines would be greatly appreciated thank you ^_^)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks for the help and suggestions, i have looked at a few machines and the ones i would like to try to find out more about are, Bingo - SUPER model! - Aladdin Evolution Blue - Godzilla Pachislo - Marvel Comics - Amazon.com: Monte Carlo Skill Stop slot Machine: Sports Outdoors - Amazon.com: Trademark Global Skill Stop Machine: Home Improvement Amazon.com: DELUXE What Happens in Vegas Skill Stop Machine - LCD SCREEN: Sports Outdoors - any information on these machines or suggestion on machines that are as close to complete english as possible would be greatly appreciated ^_^ ty

Thanks
    Thanks Received

(sorry about the double posts i did not see the message the first time that it had to be checked before posted, thanks again everyone ^_^)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: newbie looking for help

Quote Originally Posted by sooner403 View Post
    (sorry about the double posts i did not see the message the first time that it had to be checked before posted, thanks again everyone ^_^)
    Hello, as a new member some of your posts can be held up awaiting moderation, sorry for delay, I popped out for a few minutes

I can delete one if you prefer??

and Welcome to PachiTalk

PS I will add that the Million God is not a very well regarded pachislo here, except for one or maybe two members that like it, so I probably wouldn't go with that one...

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

16. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not sure If the Zipcode in your about me section is correct, but here are some CL posting from that area. may be cheaper for you to not have to pay the shipping. You can also go check the machines out in person to see how american they are.

Slot Machine! Skill-stop Slot Machine Lucky Cherry arcade game
    Panic Saurus Skill-Stop Slot Machine token arcade game
    SLOT MACHINE - Great Shape!
    Slot Machine $200
    Have a nice day

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to njmatt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a "real" Betty Boop for sale. Purely American Theme. As Dattia mentioned above she has one and loves it. Not sure where in Oklahoma you are but if you're willing to drive to Broken Arrow it'll save a lot on shipping one. Just PM if you're interested.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

21. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: newbie looking for help

Amazon.com: DELUXE What Happens in Vegas Skill Stop Machine - LCD SCREEN: Sports Outdoors

Just an FYI, this is one of the many customs out there like Dattia was speaking of...just a different graphic (sometimes just a poor inkjet print) put on the belly glass...It may seem ok until you notice that there are anime characters fighting in hand to hand combat , or yelling loudly in Japanese about baseball on the LCD screen above the reels..not bad if thats what you are loking for, but may confuse your mom!!

And..

WELCOME!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thank you everyone for your suggestions and advice, i have decided and have purchased an "aladdin evolution cherry machine" (aimed to get aladdin evolution 2 but due to price and the deal i found i went with the cherry because of the similarity) ill let you all know how it goes and again, thanks alot! happy holidays~

25. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to sooner403

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a Marvel Heroes pachislo. I love it and it's a great looking machine. It keeps it interesting with various cut scenes and bonus modes.

...but if you're looking for any English at all, you should look elsewhere. I think "MARVEL HEROES" on the belly glass is the only English (written or spoken) on the entire machine.

Attached Images Attached Images

27. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to DugFreez