Thread: Rescued - King Jack

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Rescued - King Jack

I saw the listing for this machine on CL and took a ride to see it.
    The machine was filthy, like it came out of a barn. "Wont turn on" he says and plugs it in. Zero. The seller neglected to tell me that he had no keys. He wanted $100.
    OK
    I tell the seller I'll go $25. He grumbles and says yes. Off I go... I can risk $25.
    I get it home and try to open it, I have to "fish" the front latch with a dowel. No hole in the bottom! I get it open. Its uses a tubular lock and the cam is staked in! I don’t think I can easily replace the lock. So I block the levers open with a token.
    Its filthy inside too. But its all there, hopper, coin acceptor, reels, power supply. No tokens. No Keys!
    I give it the usual Pachi cleaning and plug jiggling. Power up and nothing, except the number 3 in the display. Needs a reset but it has a key switch...so after trying all the keys found in my house, I shoved a small bladed screwdriver into the lock and gave it a good hard twist. The lock failed with only moderate force. Now anything that fits the lock acts as a key.
    Did a full reset and... WE HAVE IGNITION.
    The machine plays fine and seems to work well. The belly light works but I need a fluorescent bulb for the reel tops. You can see the white fixture cover at the top of the reel window on the inside of the door. All the other bulbs work.
    Strangely enough this machine will play 1 to 5 lines depending on the number of tokens inserted or credits selected. It seems to be an older machine with neither lighted stop buttons or lights inside the reels.
    Has anyone seen a King Jack? Does anyone have a play guide?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to DrDark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Rescued - King Jack

maybe the top will only light up when your close to winning

I have one like that, I have a 6 reel machine where the top 3 reels only move when i hit a bonus
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Re: Rescued - King Jack

Luckydog, the top does light up, it has individual incandescent bulbs.
    I will post a pic that shows the machine fully lit later or tomorrow.
    I need a Flour. bulb for the fixture that lights the reels. The fixture is located on the door, above the reel window.
    Anyone have a part # for the bulb?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

wow not bad for $25. CL sellers over here all claim that their "authentic vegas slots" are EXTREMELY RARE and want $300...when they're really early 90's machines worth no more than $75 i'll have to post a conversation I had with someone through email. I called the guy out saying it was a japanese slot. he freaked out saying he was a cop and would come to my house and arrest me LOL.
    This game induces a kind of hypnosis, a strange feeling of happiness. Winning is hardly important. But, time passes. You lose touch with yourself for a while, and merge with a machine and perhaps you forget, what you always wanted to forget.....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Rescued - King Jack

Here it is all lit up.
    I needed a F8-T5 Flour. lamp.
    It looks and plays great!
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to DrDark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What a score!! Good for you!!

I quit calling out CL posters. I've had a couple "blow up" in emails not happy with finding out either what year their machines were made or what they're worth.

I even had a guy write me a nasty email about what someone else said to him. He clearly sent it to the wrong guy as I just inquired about his machine. This person apparently called his mid 70's machine a "piece of crap". I wrote him back asking him what that was all about and he apologized to me. It seems there are alot of people out there that were lied to when they received their machines back in the 70's and 80's. Many were told that they were made in the 50's or 60's when in fact they werent. Those are the ones that get REALLY mad!

Anyway, its not worth the aggravation anymore. Let them live in their fantasy worlds I say.

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Microbus99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: Rescued - King Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Microbus99 View Post
    What a score!! Good for you!!

I quit calling out CL posters. I've had a couple "blow up" in emails not happy with finding out either what year their machines were made or what they're worth.

I even had a guy write me a nasty email about what someone else said to him. He clearly sent it to the wrong guy as I just inquired about his machine. This person apparently called his mid 70's machine a "piece of crap". I wrote him back asking him what that was all about and he apologized to me. It seems there are alot of people out there that were lied to when they received their machines back in the 70's and 80's. Many were told that they were made in the 50's or 60's when in fact they werent. Those are the ones that get REALLY mad!

Anyway, its not worth the aggravation anymore. Let them live in their fantasy worlds I say.
    ...or just give them the link to PachiTalk and they can find out for themselves...

but maybe not to those that unknowingly have Power Flashes

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

11. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi. I got a KING JACK recently. I cant figure out how to reset it, and its stuck in Bonus game. Any tips? The Yamasa manual didnt help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if its plying a bonus just play threw it..

if your really wanting a reset try this
    --------------------------------------------

In order to do a full reset or change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens or credits being played.

Locate internal toggle switch (red tipped or silver with on/off tabs) or insert key into internal key switch (if your machine came with 2 keys).

Machine must be turned OFF. Turn key clockwise or flip reset toggle switch to the "ON" or "ODDS" position. Turn main power switch ON to access programming mode.

A number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on the CREDIT meter on the front door or on a display inside the door.

Locate the reset button. This will be located on your power supply. On SAMMY brand models, the button is on the inside of the door only.

Depress the button and notice movement of number being displayed on the credit meter. Once the desired level is displayed (1 to 6) pull "spin reels" handle (black or red knob on front door) down, like you are going to spin the reels, to lock odds level into machine memory.

Turn key switch back or flip toggle to "OFF" or "PLAY" position. Machine should immediately initialize. You will know the machine initialized if the "Insert Medal" light starts flashing. If not, make sure you remembered to press down the "SPIN REELS" lever. If it still doesn't initialize, turn power to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and turn power switch back to ON position.
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances