Thread: have any of you...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default have any of you...

Just wondering, If any of you have just completely rewired your light system or just made a custom one for your vintage? looking over mine, the wires are a little corroded and black, and don't always make good contact. so i thought about running new wires with a 12volt systems, but while I'm at it, add a few extra lights that also light up when you get payout. also, has anyone used 12v bright led lights for anything? I have some extra and have done all sorts of wiring projects for cars and such, and thought it'd be cool to wore something up. if I get started i will take pics for sure to keep you all updated

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to charboucher

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: have any of you...

There have been several members who have installed LED's in vintage machines. One such thread is here: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...ification.html (near the end)

I have completely rewired several vintage machines that had all wiring removed before I bought them. It's pretty easy to do when you have a working machine as a guide. I convert all of mine to 9 volt battery and use 7.5 volt bulbs from Radio Shack.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: have any of you...

man oh man, awesome stuff!!! I am for sure going to use some leds, and I think also a cold cathode tube or two. (I am using a pc power supply for all the 12, i'll post pics, but wow. shocks rebuild is amazing. I won't be able to get that far into this project.