Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Got a new vintage!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Got a new vintage!

it seems to be a very old vintage. A good friend has had it for YEARS and gave it to me. the picture is of another one just like the one I have with a little bit different picture cell, but exactly the same in everyother way. I found it strange as I have never seen a pachinko without a shooter ball tray and I haven't played with it enough to figure out how to work the machine sence i don't know where the balls go to use in play.
    Its in awesome shape .
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 16 users say "Thanks" to charboucher

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Got a new vintage!

I did some searching online and actually found out what it was. its a nishijin flowers-pansies machine. I will post pics tonight. here is the picture from online of the same machine. I now see how it works as its a single ball machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great machine you got there. You have what is called a 'single shot' and you put the ball in the little hole to the right under the key.

Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks Mike. I'll be working on cleaning it up and building a cabinet for it. My son loves the thing (he is 4) and like to use it (while supervised) so I want to make a custom cabinet/bench that he can sit at and play. possibly having a drawer that opens and doubles as a ball catch in back.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Re: Got a new vintage!

Wow, what a great machine you have there.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Awesome.. you have an older single shot Type A model. Sure wish I had one like this. Nice find!
    Rusty Key

Thanks
    Thanks Received

nice looking single shot u ahve there

post a few of yours when u get a chanch...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

that machine was called "shells" on vintage pachinko. johnny and I have one, too.

there is a 3rd bulb and switch on this one, so if you get two winner balls at the same time, it stores one down by the lower shell and turns on the light. the light goes out when you push the lever down (just under the ball entry hole), to "cash it out"

that machine is in great condition!

let us know how it plays.
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post

there is a 3rd bulb and switch on this one, so if you get two winner balls at the same time, it stores one down by the lower shell and turns on the light. the light goes out when you push the lever down (just under the ball entry hole), to "cash it out"

Hey Doc...

dont the early single shots ahve the ability to hold 4 or 5 balls in resereve??? seems like i rember the ramp having the ability to hold a few balls in "storage"...

its been so long since i played my single shot i cant rember...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok finally took pics of mine. I started to polish the nails, and the metal and basically the whole machine clean up process. I'm going to just clean it up best I can, re solder each lead for wiring, and build a cabinet so i can mount it where i can play it, but also have a stool so my son can play it too.

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to charboucher

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have been playing it out in the shed to test it out...lots of fun. It seems to al work great. the ball block works when the winner tray runs out, pay out works well. although, instead of dropping out the back when you lose a ball, it stores up in a tray...maybe there is a setting for them to drop, because the only way to get all the balls out is to use the dump lever and dump the entire machine. still a ton of fun. can't wait to clean it all up and get it mounted!
    oh side note on play style, sometimes the red and green catch brings the ball back into the shooter position and sometimes its a payout win. there are a few levers that have two positions, so it may be a game setting of some sort.
    Last edited by charboucher; 11-29-2009 at 03:32 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

can u post a pic of the back...

it kinda sounds like your talking about a Model "A" machine.. if it is... and im sure it is.. Modle "A" machines do not drop balls out the bottom verry often.. that is y there refered to as recyclers..

u should only need to use the ball dump for repair work or to lighten the machine for moving it..(to lighten it up)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok cool, yeah its a type A. I can still post pics if you'd like. but i looked up the shots of the different types and its definitely an A type.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by charboucher View Post
    ok cool, yeah its a type A. I can still post pics if you'd like. but i looked up the shots of the different types and its definitely an A type.
    Please post photos... we like photos.

If you can get some up close shots of the levers you are talking about for 'changing the game play'.
    Rusty Key

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    Hey Doc...

dont the early single shots ahve the ability to hold 4 or 5 balls in resereve??? seems like i rember the ramp having the ability to hold a few balls in "storage"...

its been so long since i played my single shot i cant rember...
    yep. you're right. it will store 4 or 5 balls. thing is, i can't ever think when you would hit two pockets at the same time with a single shot. have to really be fast feeding, and then lucky?

I don't think there are levers for odds. maybe the ball dump lever?

and the A types don't drop balls out the bottom unless you are emptying the machine. they recycle, which we like for home use.

enjoy your machine!
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sounds to me like your machine is working as intended.. (unless im missunderstanding something)

it appers that your machine has an over shoot channel.. meaning if u shoot your spheres to hard they will return to the shooter... kinda like going around the world in one shot..

wile your posting a pic of the back would u mind a close up of the cell/playfield

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yeah no problem. i am just logging in to check messages but I'l have some good pics up by monday early afternoon

20. The following user says "Thanks" to charboucher

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok, here are some pics. as you can see there is a bit of water spots after close look. also, the "reserve revers" seems to be made out of copper, and its really green and corroded but I'll get to that part later. I'm gonna clean this baby up nice.
    also, the last pic is of the ball dump. i think, thats what i used to dump them. does this sound right?

22. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to charboucher

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by charboucher View Post
    ok, here are some pics. as you can see there is a bit of water spots after close look. also, the "reserve revers" seems to be made out of copper, and its really green and corroded but I'll get to that part later. I'm gonna clean this baby up nice.
    also, the last pic is of the ball dump. i think, thats what i used to dump them. does this sound right?
    yes the last two pic both show the ball dump mech...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice machine you have there. I like the hydrangea flowers on the cell.

Seems to be a common machine as I have one too. Your cell is much nicer than mine as mine has faded out all the red.

Mine was a G.I. bring back. I bought it from the man that bought it on his way out of Vietnam via Sasebo Japan in Feb of 1970. His price was three dollars with 300 balls if he remembered right. Another friend of mine was through there in Dec of 1969 and also bought a pachinko, a Nishijin A multi shot with 1000 balls for five dollars, alas that machine has been lost over time.

These machines are great to play as the only balls that are lost out the back are winning balls.
    Last edited by Cystic; 12-01-2009 at 12:54 PM.

25. The following user says "Thanks" to Cystic

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast