Thread: How they play differently - Nishijin A vs Sophia model C

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default How they play differently - Nishijin A vs Sophia model C

ok..I see what the deal is ..buy 1 and then the 6 yr old (and wife) want a bank of them..lol.

So, here is my dilemma..Is there something different that happened to gameplay from the earlier models A (see pic) to the slighty newer Sophia Super deluxe model C that I just purchased?

A couple of things that I noticed:

The A :

1) has 2 bells with different sound on payout
    2) The ball played that makes it to the bottom ends up saved in a tray in the back
    3) when a ball makes it into a tulip, some of the balls (larger qty) end up in the "to be shot" tray and some 4 or 5 (usually not the same amount) end up in the lowest tray - call it a payout tray.
    4) The glass front is larger
    5) Alot more metal in the back as opposed to covered plastic

The Sophia C:

1) appears to have only one bell that I can see or hear.

2) pays out only to the upper tray, not the lower.

3) The only time balls come into the lower tray are due to short misfired shots

4)anytime an over-fired shot hits the right side..the ball travels down and back into the upper tray

5) All balls that make it to the bottom of the window area (non-winner)drop out the back through a drop tube and promptly hit the floor...

6) at each jackpot hit (tulip and all holes) a quantit of balls comes back to the upper tray and 1 ball drops out the back side..presumably "one for the house"

7) still dont know what "all 15" means - have to do a payout count

8) any adjustments that the house can do? This machine clearly feels as if it were in a parlour that one paid to play based on payout.

And lastly..what does hirosi kamai mean?

thanks, Bob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: How they play differently - Nishijin A vs Sophia model C

oops..I mean shiroi kamome...or something like that..tried to remember it and can barely read it on another post pic.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

RE: Extra Ball, or One for the House Ball.

Some of my machines have a 1" hole drilled through the bottom of the frame. If there is no container covering that hole, the lost balls, they will fall directly through the bottom of the machine.

One possibility is that this is part of an automated ball lifter system. Balls can drop out the bottom into a central collection area, and a single ball lifter could be used to feed many machines.

The single ball, or "one for the house" could be a way to track which machines are paying off. Each ball = 1 jackpot. This would allow the parlors to identify which machines are paying off too easily.

Then the parlor owners would send out the little evil pin benders to tighten up the pins.

Just a guess.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the "one ball" is the one that went into a payout pocket and triggered the payout. After it cycles the ball is dropped out the back of he machine just like a lost ball
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

just the facts..

for home use im 100% for the Model "A" machine.. less handling of the spheres

as for the upper tray and lower tray

originaly the machine should have been set up that all winning balls were won to the upper tray once the upper tray is full then a diverter will allow them to fall into the lower tray... i beleave all misfires should go to the lower tray.. this is what i ahve seen befor with the exception of really early machines when all balls went to the lower tray only..

the 15 is the ammount of balls your machine should pay per win.. if it does not u may ahve a amall jam..

and last get yourself a nice basket to catch balls from.. both machines will drop ball out the back.. the Modle "C" wil drop allot more..

your post say pics but i dont see any?? am i missing something?
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the A's are older and the C's newer, in the nishijin evolution of machines, like 60's versus late 70's, maybe early 80's.

we've talked about how the A's are easier for home use, since the lost balls go back into a tray that still is higher than the jackpot mechanism. could be that to minimize germs of ball handling, that they went to the once through the machine method (and wash and dry the balls centrally before they come out again), AND/OR because they wanted to keep better count of wins/losses (and have separate chutes for each, with computerized counts for each machine).

both machines use the tilting ramp, though, to release the jackpot balls. many machines, including the nishijin B (which you will need to complete your collection ), used a center jackpot mechanism that showed the 15 balls from the front in a circle, then dumped them when you got a winner.

sometimes the ramp machines could adjust the payout by moving a screw or stop on the seesaw to change the number of balls.

the increase in plastics probably came along with cheaper manufacturing costs and more reliability (no rust, easy to reproduce intricate parts with plastic molds)

changing the odds was done by the kushigi, who bent the nails at night, making it harder to hit those pockets. people would study the nails to find a looser machine to play, and winner machines could become losers overnight.

your C should pay out to the lower tray when the upper one gets full. this is standard for late vintages. there is a lever that gets pushed to redirect the balls, so if you are really lucky, you don't end up backing up into the payout chutes.

MrG answered your all 15 question in your previous post

anything special about this Sophia machine?

here are some other threads that have information.

Noob question about types (A,B,C)

Nishijin Type A: Why was recycling design abandoned?

nishijin C, taken apart

vintagepachinko has a great collection of pictures, information on dating machines, and descriptions of ABC's

enjoy your pachinkos. you are bound to find more of them with different mechanisms, cells, more pockets, etc, that will keep you collecting more and more pachi's
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mudfud