Thread: Super Stadium Reel Problem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Super Stadium Reel Problem

Hi Folks,

I've been lurking for a while. I am a complete noob and just purchased a Super Stadium Pachinko machine.

I have the same reel problem that so many others seem to have had. I have checked the other threads, and while there are descriptions on reseating the reels, there are no diagrams or photos describing how to do so.

I have 2 problems with the reel mechanism,

The entire mechanism does not rotate to reveal the bonus wheel. It looks like it tries to rotate on startup, but it just jiggles a little and makes a grinding noise.

Also, the lower right most reel does not spin. I realize that I probably just have to reseat it, but I can see how to get to it. I saw the descriptions of either disassembling the whole mechanism or cutting a small hole through the ventilation cover, but even if I did that, the reel is rotated to the front, so I don't see how I could get to it.

Any help in the form of descriptions or photos would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tim

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Super Stadium Reel Problem

to get to the reel you want you can eaither disasemble the hole darn thing once you have access the hole assembly is loose when powered down so just push it round or once you make a hole in the vent you can also insert blunt poking device and again carefuly move it round to where to want it
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Doc.

I was able to dremel a hole in the cover and spun the assembly around to get to the wheel, but I can't really see the pin that the reel spins on.

I did work the reel around a bit and I kind of jiggled it hoping to reseat it. It now spins on startup and will spin when the reels are in a fast spin mode, but still does not spin normally.

Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place. I have attached a photo with the assembly spun so that the problem reel is right at the opening. Perhaps you could provide some additional guidance.

Also, it looks like I could probably remove the whole reel cover assembly by removing a few screws from it's perimeter. One of the screws has been cut on it's face to prevent it from being loosened, but I could probably remove it with a screw extractor. Is there anything else preventing me from easily removing the cover?

Thanks,
    Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. The following user says "Thanks" to armchairastronomer

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

in a word yep to get the hole assembly off there are 2 bords to the right of the wheel assembly that the cover passes behind but dosent cover it you have to unclip the payout mec and swing it open like a door then if i remember correctly ther is 2 screws and a clip in the top bord that is side on to the machine that slides out of place and reveales the last one on clips wich has to slide ou (you have to un wire both bords for removal) hence i worked out this mod for repairing them

your hole is in the right place and the silver pin you can see through the hole shuld be the one your trying to remount the wheel on it is usaly out by a fraction of a mm just enough to catch and stop it spinning right
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Doc,

Thanks for your assistance.

I got it working, but I think purely by luck. (Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.)

Interestingly enough, I could not locate any pin on that side of the reel. There is a small protrusion where it looks like one would mount, but I used a large magnifier and conformed there there is nothing connected to it. I even passed a small slip of paper right through along that side of the reel without hitting anything. Is it possible that the reel does not mount on that side?

When I rotated the reel assembly further around, I could see that it was misaligned slightly. I pushed on the other side of the reel slightly and the reel seemed to get jammed a bit. When I rotated it in an attempt to free it, it seemed to pop into the right place.

In any event, it is working now, so I'll mount it carefully in the cabinet and try not to break anything else.

Thanks again,
    Tim

7. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to armchairastronomer