Thread: BBRICE/B840/Pachinkocabinets.com

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile BBRICE/B840/Pachinkocabinets.com

Friends:

After a lot of looking I found contact information for:

BYRON or BRENDA BRICE / Pachinkocabinets.com / B840

I NEEDED a Cabinet to finish off my game room.

I spoke to Brenda this morning. They are still making thier fantastic pachinko cabinets.

You can contact Brenda/Byron at:*

*please use PM to obtain contact details

These folks produce a GREAT product.

Last edited by hanabi; 11-16-2009 at 01:06 PM. Reason: removed email & phone number, Much safer to use PM to obtain contact details :)

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to DrDark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: BBRICE/B840/Pachinkocabinets.com

the cabinets are great. the communication and updates when they delay shipments are not. both victor and I had some frustrating waits with them.
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

Thanks
    Thanks Received

patience is a virtue
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not to step on any toes here, but I think it is worth mentioning to any prospective buyers, that there have been issues with delays in the past.

While I think that members have been very satisifed with the quality of the products, the delays and lack of communication at times have caused some moments of uncertainty and apprehension. I just think it is important to note that here as there have been several threads pertaining to this subject.

The cabinets are indeed very nice looking and are said to be very well made. A great choice if you don't mind the possibility of an occasional delay

I see mudfud and Luckydog posted this already while I was composing my thoughts.
    Last edited by dattia; 11-16-2009 at 01:24 PM.
    Dawn

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm patient, but I also expect a seller to ship when they say they will... especially when they already have my $$$.

I had over 2 weeks delay, and no reply by email or phone. I was about to file with ebay, since there is a time limit, when they finally shipped.

victor had a 3 week delay.

I know that people have emergencies and such. it would have been fine if they had just kept me up to date, instead of waiting until I threatened them.
    PachiTalk

9. The following user says "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy Re: BBRICE/B840/Pachinkocabinets.com

I ordered a cabinet from them on 12/9 on Ebay hoping to have it by Christmas.

It has been five days on they don't respond to emails or Ebay messages at all.

But they were computer-savy enough to log on to Paypal and accept the funds the same day.

I hope they aren't auctioning off cabinets that they don't have yet.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I ordered my cabinet and got it in a week. I think it was their personal cabinet because it is built perfectly. All the nail holes filled in and it has extra molding around the base and T molding all around. My only complaint was it smelled like smoke inside of the cabinet. These people are smokers as this is the second cabinet that smelled like smoke. Over all I would say you can trust them... Looney in oak???
    Last edited by MrGneiss; 12-21-2009 at 05:49 AM. Reason: link fixed!!

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to looney2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I ended up getting one from them as it was priced VERY right and the ebay feed back was pretty good.
    Mine did take awhile as it took 3-4 weeks but they did toss in few extra balls!
    My unit is clean and nice. As was said before patience...
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

14. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to KimbaWLion

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had a pretty good experience with them this time. they shipped assembled, which I actually didn't need, but they didn't use a strong enough glue so the movement in transit had popped open several joints.

not a problem since I can whack them back together before I stain them, maybe add a screw or two.

added bonus is that the big boxes they used are pachinko sized, and ebb's nishijin A, single shot, is packed and ready to go!

p.s. I ordered the wall mount ones this time, without the feet.
    PachiTalk

16. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy Re: BBRICE/B840/Pachinkocabinets.com

I wish my experience was as good as yours.

I was very dissapointed with my dealings with them.

My cabinet arrived all broken up.

The joints were stapled. That is a very cheap assembly method.
    It would be better if they used dado joints with wood screws.

Some of the staples had missed their mark.

The seller refused to file a claim with UPS. I had to do it all myself.

I had to file a dispute with Ebay and Paypal before I could get a refund.

Also, they simply do not respond to emails. I found their home phone number on the Nevada BBB complaint site and had to call their house to get a response.

There must be better options out there for pachi cabinets.
    I would not recommend these guys.

18. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to chief

Thanks
    Thanks Received

staples and glue are OK if you let the glue set first. I assembled their first ones they sent out with staples without glue and had no problem.

maybe ordering them UNassembled is better. smaller box, hopefully less shipping, and you can do a more exact assembly than they do, maybe use screws.

when I thought about putting screws in, I realized that I will be screwing the solid pachinko inside the frame, and this will make it plenty rigid.

will stain one for my mother-in-law and put the cabinet up next weekend for her bday present.

pachinkos are great gifts!
    PachiTalk

Stuck in Podunk, Ne and long to move back to Southern Ca.
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post
    staples and glue are OK if you let the glue set first. I assembled their first ones they sent out with staples without glue and had no problem.

maybe ordering them UNassembled is better. smaller box, hopefully less shipping, and you can do a more exact assembly than they do, maybe use screws.

when I thought about putting screws in, I realized that I will be screwing the solid pachinko inside the frame, and this will make it plenty rigid.

will stain one for my mother-in-law and put the cabinet up next weekend for her bday present.

pachinkos are great gifts!
    I think they are changing things as we speak. I purchased 5 of them at Christmas time when they were pushing the idea of buying in quantity and did O.K. All of mine were disassembled and all 5 fit in two boxes. They also included the screws for assembling all the pieces . It appears to me they are learning by their past mistakes and making a real effort to do a good job. I will consider ordering from them again in the future. With the cost of wood and my limited woodworking skills I really couldn't have done this as well as they did.
    Spiderman-Sinbad-Ultraman P/P-Onimusha-Gamera-Juggler-Onoki-Gundam-Hanabi-Tiger Mask-Tomb Raider P/P-D'bl Diamond-Takarabune-Beast Sapp-Tekken-Yajikita-Twinkle Stage-Duel Dragon-Popeye-Speed Racer-Million God-Jaws-Gladiator-St.Maria-Let'sDance-Indy-RoboCop-Julie-Palot

21. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to FREKKEN TEKKEN

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Angry Re: BBRICE/B840/Pachinkocabinets.com

eeps, Okay lets see I just recently picked up a lord of the rings and star wars darth vader pachinko, and I've been perusing these forums for quiet a bit for general info and advise it's a great place =D..

Brenda Brice, what an experience.

I had ordered a cabinet and my money was promptly taken and everything was set into motion, After waiting for a month and a half I filed a paypal claim, due to failed attempts at contact. Emails and phone calls both went unanswered for a solid week. I'm a patient person, and work in customer service and am an all around pretty generous understanding person, this was one situation that left a bad taste in my mouth.

I was FINALLY contacted but ONLY after I had filed the paypal claim, almost hours after it went through, only to be told that Maybe she had LOST my email order, or other things had been lost. I would also think nothing of it if a 150$ order just magically appeared into my bank statements, right???lol...

anyway she apologized and said she happened to have a cabinet ready for me and was ready to ship. Although a week goes by, and apparently her post office had been "shut down for a week"... finally shipping on friday with another excuse that "the don't pick up ordered on a Monday" I for one don't know if that's true or not but assured me it would be here by mid week.

Now she did say she would throw in some pachinko balls for the problems, I don't think 5,000 pachinko balls could make up for the complete lack of communication and customer service I received, or didn't.

I get the cabinet tomorrow, and I expect it to be of suitable quality, I have no doubt that these are built fine and dandy it's the lack of service that ruins my opinion of pachinkocabinets.net

These are only MY experiences, I hope the best to each and everyone else who decides to order from brenda bryce.
    Last edited by hanabi; 07-15-2010 at 02:58 AM.

23. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Starbreaker2112

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well these Folks that claim to make a good Pachinko cabinet YET Have A Very Bad Business Practice .

I say Stay clear of them and go to Home Depot with one of our members Pachinko Cabinet plans with all the lumber measurements circled and they can cut all the pieces to size and use cabinet screws( black with a square driver spot ( if you get a box of them they do throw in at least 1 square driver bit in the box)

I've made my own table and free standing Cabinets and I am working on making a "French Cleat" mount wall Cabinet
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

25. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

Sadly your experience with them isn't uncommon!!
    Last edited by hanabi; 07-15-2010 at 05:25 AM.

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk Starbreaker2112!!

Thank you for posting, it's always helpful to have members post their experiences with Vendors, whether they be good or bad

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

28. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks everyone for the welcomes. Very nice community here =D

Anyway a small update I just received the cabinet today "assembled", at least that's what I think it was before it arrived, all of the joints were stapled and each and every one had come out, now I'm no wood worker and not sure how to go about fixing this =X any advice would be great, I'm COMPLETE amateur.

so any advise would be beyond beneficial to me. If it's to much of a hassle i can just send this thing back and get my refund.

Thanks all =D

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Starbreaker2112 View Post
    thanks everyone for the welcomes. Very nice community here =D

Anyway a small update I just received the cabinet today "assembled", at least that's what I think it was before it arrived, all of the joints were stapled and each and every one had come out, now I'm no wood worker and not sure how to go about fixing this =X any advice would be great, I'm COMPLETE amateur.

so any advise would be beyond beneficial to me. If it's to much of a hassle i can just send this thing back and get my refund.

Thanks all =D
    really sorry to hear that..

take a pencial and mark where all the boards should line up at.. take it appart and pull the staples out (or cut them off flush) and then get some wood glue and screw them back together.. pre drilling the holes with a small drill bit will make lining things up allot easier

using a good glue will make it super strong.. the glue once dried will be stronger then any screw or staple would
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey thanks! I just went out and bought some glue, i'll be working on it later tonight I have company over. Also NO Pachinko balls!, but then again what can I expect now hahaha.

32. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Starbreaker2112

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Starbreaker2112 View Post
    Hey thanks! I just went out and bought some glue, i'll be working on it later tonight I have company over. Also NO Pachinko balls!, but then again what can I expect now hahaha.
    Its just amazing that someone can do business like that. I have to imagine that they probably know of this forum and would check in from time to time. Or maybe they do and just dont care!

I'll take TTC's advice and continue to build my own. Sorry about your experience!! You truely are patient!!