Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: covering those pesky waterstains...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: covering those pesky waterstains...

Hi Guys, Thanks for the plug. I'm in the process of redoing another playfield right now. This one had terrible water stains and the pink elements are ar startinn to fade away. It always seems like the pink is the first to go.

I'll update you soon with pics after the cell is done but here's a photo of it removed from the machine with the nails removed as well. I've been repainting the center features and tulips between work and Holidays when I can. Wish I could spend more time on it!!

I have my mylar ready to go once the art is done. That's my project this week. I've also visited Kinkos and asked them if they can copy my art and they say it shouldnt be a problem. We'll see how that turns out. I'm a little concerned about the color reproduction. If its not to my liking the original art will be the playfield.

Stay tuned. Once its done I'll probably start a new thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Microbus99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: covering those pesky waterstains...

Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post
    it's held up well, though I haven't run more than a couple hundred balls through it.

I will say, however, that the same decal material stuck to my coffee mug has stuck well through several dishwasher cycles and lots of use.

the material is decal paper, I got some from digital1 and from a coworker. I have lots in dark blue, light blue and yellow if you need some.

without taking all the nails out and refinishing the cell, I think it's a good alternative.
    Thanks for the offer, mudfud,
    If the light blue is really light, I actually think it might be perfect for the project that I have in mind. Please let me know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2