Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Pachinko Online Museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Vintage Pachinko Online Museum

Hi folks. Sorry I have been away for a while. In addition to restoring 5 machines, I have also been testing out several different photo gallery programs. I landed on one that I like and have migrated about 1/4 of my collection of photos to the gallery.

Before I make this public, I would like to have y'all take a look at it, stress test it and give me your feedback on what you like and what you don't. It will also give you a chance to get your user names before I open it to the public (names only needed if you want to upload your own photos).

Thanks for your feedback.

Vintage Pachinko Museum

2. The following 26 users say "Thanks" to thepachinkoman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Vintage Pachinko Online Museum

bill,

how about a year in the name of each machine?

chewy
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

Thanks
    Thanks Received

wow that is totaly amazing

yes a date would be great nice call chewy

i really like the way u can keep drilling into each pachi for more pics

nice work
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Outstanding idea! A single place where people can go to do research and just look at pachinkos. Will be great to help people i.d. machines that they find on eBay, CL.,etc.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Bill,

Great idea and great site!! I think this museum site will serve the Pachinko enthusiast community very well.

I created two albums and uploaded multiple photos. I found the upload utility to be a little unintuitive and it took me a few tries to figure out how to upload more than one photo at a time. This may just be the way the software is written and nothing you can do about it, but I thought you would want the feedback regardless. When I selected multiple photos to upload at once, all seemed to go well, however I received a message at the end indicating some of the photos did not upload and I needed to try again. It seems like three at time works, but more than that causes the failure and only the first photo selected is uploaded successfully.

I really like the way you can create nested albums – like folders with sub-folders. This will really help to organize before, during, and after pictures in one top level album. Again, it was a little difficult and cumbersome to figure out how to achieve this through the menu system, but worked great after a little trial and error.

One more thing… I noticed that after I uploaded my photos and viewed them, your copyright notice was overlaid at the bottom of each photo. Do user photos automatically become the property of Vintage Pachinko? If so, then a warning and/or disclaimer might be needed before photos are uploaded. If not, then is there a way to omit the copyright notice in the user albums section?

Again, this is a great site and I applaud you for undertaking the task!

Jeff
    Last edited by JACKSJE4; 10-12-2009 at 11:31 AM.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One more thing I noticed...

When I am logged in to the site I am unable to go to the museum home page. It will only allow me to view the top level of my personal album. In order to get to the home page of the site (or any area other than my personal album) I need to log out of my account first, then I can navigate there. I tried opening up another instance of my browser to open the museum home page, but it saw that I was logged in and took me straight to the top level of my personal album.

A small annoyance, but feedback as requested.
    Last edited by JACKSJE4; 10-12-2009 at 01:34 PM.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't like the 'look' of it, but as its Open Source and has good further development potential from the designer of the software you are using, perhaps it will get there later.

The ease of use is good though - especially the drill-thru. Jealous of that.

It's just not quite a match for SimpleViewer in the looks department yet IMHO...

Great resource - best of luck.
    There is always another machine around the corner...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I like it and the photos load quickly. I think the overall "Look" is a matter of opinion. It is clean and straight forward. I like more going on in the background ( but I am ADD so I always like lots going on at once) Was that a squirrel.

This is what I needed when I started into this hobby.

Thanks Bill!
    --

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks. Good feedback everyone, I’ll get on some of those things I can right away. Please rate the following on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being excellent.

Thumbnail image size (currently set to 200 pixels)
    Thumbnail image quality
    Picture image size (currently set to 600 pixels)
    Picture image quality

Also, let me know if you have a need to see the original picture size. It can be very large and several meg. I was concerned about bandwidth so I turned it off. Does that work for you?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would give all of those 5's
    --

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice idea, Great work, Nice & easy to navigate, It's 5's all the way,
    Thanks
    YOU ONLY GET ONE LIFE, SO MAKE IT A PACHISLO ONE.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Was checking this out at work, very nice. Easy to find what you want to look at, pics pop right up, very clear pics (and great work on the restorations).

5's from me kind sir, bravo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i think u hit the nail on the head bill

i would give it all 5's as well.. i always like a bigger picture but u have to justify the band width...

verry nice i need to join and see about down load pics as well
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am investigating the upload issue of only being able to upload 3 pics at a time. If someone is successful uploading more than 3 pics, let me know.

Thanks for all the "thanks" this is a labor of love for me.

Vintage Pachinko Museum

16. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to thepachinkoman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for adding your pictures. It is nice to see them all. FYI, the first picture you upload becomes the thumbnail for your album.

The limit of 3 uploads seems to be fixed. You can now upload the max which is 10. Now it is just the tedious process of organizing, cropping, renaming, tagging and uploading my pictures.

I will start adding the year in the title, good idea. If anyone ever spots an error, let me know so i can correct it.

I removed the copyright notice, there was no way to turn it on for only some images. I can turn it back on though if you would rather a copyright notice appear on yours (and all pics).

I also provided a link to my privacy and legal info page in the sign up email which basically says that I can use anything people mail, email or upload without having to pay them for it. I've had that statement for years in case I ever put a picture or question someone sends me in a manual. I haven't yet but just trying to protect myself.

18. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to thepachinkoman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by thepachinkoman View Post
    I removed the copyright notice, there was no way to turn it on for only some images. I can turn it back on though if you would rather a copyright notice appear on yours (and all pics).

I also provided a link to my privacy and legal info page in the sign up email which basically says that I can use anything people mail, email or upload without having to pay them for it. I've had that statement for years in case I ever put a picture or question someone sends me in a manual. I haven't yet but just trying to protect myself.
    Bill - thanks for the update and for taking action on the suggestions!!

I think if you prominently displayed that legal statement - or something to that effect - about your right to use any images uploaded (perhaps in the summary area at the top level of the User's Albums section), you should be fine to keep the copyright notice across all pictures. It seems risky to me for you to remove it entirely from the site.

My concern when I wrote that comment above was that I was not adequetly warned in advance that the pictures I uploaded would become proprietary to your site and could be used for other purposes. I don't have an issue with that, but perhaps someone might and it would be smart to protect yourself. Personally, I think it would be cool to see one or more of the pictures I uploaded displayed in the museum.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

bill have a question

joined your online museum.. posted a front pic of each arepachi.. for some reason i thought they woudl be loaded to the home page of machines.. would u like to add them there?

dont mean to sound like a jerk or be disrespectfull but i have an album of my machines hear.. thought i would post them on your site for other non pachitalk members to see??

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for posting the arepachi pics. I'll copy them from your personal gallery to the main museum now. The way the program is set up now, users only have access to their own folder. If I gave users access to the entire musuem, they could add and delete anything. I plan to put in a feature request to the developer.

Yeah, I struggled with the fact that folks hear already had albums and it would be a pain for them to upload in two places. Thanks for uploading them as I don't have an arepachi.

Two things on my wish list. Arepachi and Power Flash.
    Oh and if someone has a good description / intro statement about arepachi machines I can put it as the lead-in copy on the arepachi section. right now I just have "Arepachi machines are similar to pachinko machines."
    Last edited by thepachinkoman; 10-15-2009 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by thepachinkoman View Post
    Oh and if someone has a good description / intro statement about arepachi machines I can put it as the lead-in copy on the arepachi section. right now I just have "Arepachi machines are similar to pachinko machines."
    i volenteer Eddie for this task after seeing a few of his videos and the fact he total rebuild of his own Arepachi..

i would love to do it but ill be the first to admit my literary skill are far below sub par.. and i wont ever bring up mi spelin skills

ill go in and split the 3 into there own albulms and put more pictures of each feel free to use the ones u want.. ill have Mrs Mopar help me type up a small detail on each..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you can use the pics from my album here as well, If you need any more info about any of them just send me a pm
    the

LLTR

25. The following user says "Thanks" to owennewton

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast