Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NEW to PACHINKO MADNESS!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default NEW to PACHINKO MADNESS!

Hi Everyone! I saw one of these Vintage machines the other day and I was instantly hooked! The very next day I bought one. Here's a link to the eBay auction and pictures VINTAGE PACHINKO MACHINE DAIICHI NEW VANGURD NO RESERVE - eBay (item 200385196491 end time Sep-20-09 17:00:46 PDT). HELP PLEASE! Of course ,promptly initiated,My machine was damaged in shipping by UPS.The front tray is cracked and a piece is missing.So is the back top tray. Does anyone have a machine similiar for parts? Or a front tray that matches that I could buy to replace? Next time...I'll give the packing instructions! It's till a beautiful example...Tell me what you all think...what's different and/or nice about this particulat machine. THANKS! Wade

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: NEW to PACHINKO MADNESS!

That is awful! I used to work for UPS Store, so I am an expert packer! LOL I have seen some crazy people bring in items that they packed themselves and thought, "You really think that that is going to make it? China that is wrapped in newspaper and only filled the box with paper...I mean really?" I have seen videos that UPS shows employees about why we pack boxes the way that we do...boxes falling three stories in the air to the ground below...I don't think that the china would have made that trip in good condition. Sorry to hear about your luck. Hopefully you will be able to get the pieces you need to fix your nice looking pachi.
    Welcome to Pachitalk!

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!

Sorry to here about the damage..sadly its not uncommon ..If you posted some pics of the damaged areas/pieces it might help people to see if they might have similar pieces to sell..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the Dark Side!!! We are glad to have you as part of the club!!

Your machine is beautiful and I am sorry to hear that it was damaged. Whenever I purchase from ebay, I always request the seller take the machine to a professional packer before shipping. In my mind, it's totally worth the additional $30-45 to make sure the machine arrives intact.

I hope you are able to find the parts you need to make the machine look good again.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WOW! It looks like that machine was in great condition! Sorry about the shipping damage. Good luck in finding the parts you need to bring her back to her former glory.

Welocome to PachiTalk!
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

So sorry to hear that your beautiful pachi has suffered, I hope you are able to get it back to a good condition, it is a really nice looking cell

as suggested, pics of the broken areas would be helpful, other members may have spare parts or be able to offer suggestions for repairs

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

what a shame!

was it insured? if so, you can tell them vintage pachinko sells the trays for $50 each, if available, and maybe get some money back on it.

keep all the little pieces. I will be trying some new plastic repair techniques in the next week. perhaps I can find a way to meld the plastic that won't show too much. I have used model cement in the past, but only on the back trays that do not show.

what colors are the trays that got broken?

hey shaybay, let me know what you think of my packing job!

one really good thing to ask the seller to do, is to nail a board on top to protect the top tray and send the machine vertically. can also ask them to remove the top tray and tuck in under, if you think they can do this without damaging anything.

here's the board tacked to the ginza heading to you, and the box. I put feet on it, too, to make it stand up in the box.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

8. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Re: NEW to PACHINKO MADNESS!

The board secured on top to protect the rear tray is sheer genius!
    I will certainly do it to every machine I ship.
    THANKS!

10. The following user says "Thanks" to DrDark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

THANKS! The front tray is a DARK NAVY BLUE or PURPLE...I'm colorblind...it was insured through UPS. I asked the seller to refund $40..he did.I now have $100 into it...total sale price.UPS wanted me to repack and await pickup for evaluation(UPS FAULT? SELLER FAULT?)...I'm not happy with THAT option...I may still take it in or pictures and at least see if they will refund shipping costs.There is a piece missing from the broken tray. Seller said it was undamaged...but...it was NOT in the box.The box also was (supposedly) delivered on the 29TH(UPS records)..but did not show up till the 30TH...missing 24 hours? I thought it was stolen...may have been damaged and repackaged? Seller miss-represented? Who knows...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

that dark color should be fixable. I'm going out to do plastic work on my citicar, so I'll let you know. for filling defects, there is a repair material called plastifix that can span gaps and be molded. it could be repainted to the original color. it is a methymethacrylate resin.

post some pix, eh?
    PachiTalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I will post pictures...probably not till Sunday night or Monday afternoon.Please check back. Wade

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Re: NEW to PACHINKO MADNESS!

Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post

hey shaybay, let me know what you think of my packing job!
    Very nice! When we received the Newgin, I gasped! Thank gawd that the face was plexi or there would have been broken glass everywhere! The balls that he had packaged with the machine were falling out of the box as I was trying to get it into my car at UPS. LOL Thankfully there was no damage to the machine...besides the damage already done by the shipper (which he finally got back to me that he still has not found the missing hammer ) I am glad that slot-pachinko knows how to package the pachi...especially with two new ones on the way from him! I am sure that when I receive my Ginza that it will be in great shape after shipping. Thank you for treating it as if you were shipping it to yourself.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK Here's a few pictures new upload site..let's see if I have to edit this.Wade You can see that it cracked the face also.

16. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to sillyworm

Thanks
    Thanks Received

finding a replacement is going to be tough

sorry to hear about your machine

even more sorry to see it

post a pic of the back side as well i might have a nice upper ball hopper for ya
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

unless you have a way to make a mold, I would use plumber's putty to form the piece that's missing... also called mighty putty and available at most stores like target or in the plumbing section at the hardware store. the stuff is like modelling clay and very sticky, so you could make that little piece. it's an epoxy type resin.

for the polystyrene, I believe that model cement or one of the liquid cements/solvents that TAP plastics sells will work. with the liquid, you can put a tiny bit and it will draw into the crack by capillary action.

after you get it back together, you could find the spray on paint that sticks well to polystyrene. digital1 may know, as he painted some trays bright red that turned out nice.

ttc told me today that there is a type of paint for plastic that will react with it, so it will meld right to it and not flake off. you could get dark blue to match the other tray.

if you want me to try with my plastic glues and putties, I'd be happy to. I will be away this week but you could mail it to me, and I could work on it next weekend. PM me if you want.

how bad is the back tray?

this was my PF tray. I didn't do a real neat job since it was on the back. also, the corner was missing so I used a random piece of brown plastic lying around.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mudfud; 10-03-2009 at 11:10 PM. Reason: more
    PachiTalk

19. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

THANKS ALL! I decided to purchase an old identical tray...$150.00...quite a price...but I won't wake up in a terror anymore...I'm learning.Wade

21. The following user says "Thanks" to sillyworm

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by sillyworm View Post
    THANKS ALL! I decided to purchase an old identical tray...$150.00...quite a price...but I won't wake up in a terror anymore...I'm learning.Wade
    Glad u found a tray thouse are nice machines... it would have to be a hard cold day for me to part with mine
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi everyone! OK...Like I said..I found a replacement tray...I'm having trouble removing the face(four screws) that the tray is attached to...I removed the four front scews...and an e clamp on the back mechanism...and 2 small scews on a bracket(I was given these instructions by Bill Connolly)...The face appears to have flashing/raised back plastic edging that holds it behind the lower tray/facing(attached at the top with two nails)...and the chrome window frame...I NEED HELP with what to do next to remove the tray & back face...I now own 4 machines!!! I bought 2 here in town at an ANTIQUE MALL...that was easy...but I just bought another cousin to the one I'm repairing ,on eBay, and I need tips on how to get it here safely. Package by FED EX??? Tips for the seller? I'm trying to believe that my first one was badly misshandled(still awaiting insurance claim)...and obviously I'm very concerned. HELP! Thanks! Wade

Thanks
    Thanks Received

have the seller screw a piece of plywood to the top and bottom that will exted in bother directions to keep the plastic from being hit

with out a tame measure handy at this second.. i would guess 22 inch wide across the top width of the machine, and at least 12 inches wide to protect the front ad back plastics

one sheet for the top and one for the bottom..

then bubble wrap

my 2 cents

Thanks
    Thanks Received

THANKS MOPAR! Wade

26. The following user says "Thanks" to sillyworm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast