Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Wanted to buy a powerflash

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Wanted to buy a powerflash

hey mopar.

how do you plan to refinish the powerflash face? have you thought about doing the green decal overlay, so it stays even and smooth?

did you post a picture of the damaged face that I missed?
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by BC3 View Post
    Could someone please enlighten me as to why this particular machine is so valuable? Obviously it must be rare..but I must be missing something with respect to what I see. Not intending to offend anyone..just want to know why... Bc3
    No offense, I just REALLY wanted one of these. I have had a Nishijin A machine since the early 70s - when they weren't "vintage". I have been restoring/collecting them this year ever since I got my original machine from my dad's house after he passed away (my mom bought me the machine when I was a kid).

As mopar stated, I would never have thought it would go that high. I just kind of said, what the heck and kept bidding (I'm single, no kids - so my income gets spent on myself & my toys). I barely won it with 1 second left. I just hope I did not get some of the more veteran pachitalk members angry with the win.

Anyone in the Jax area is welcome to come play anytime...
    Last edited by GB_Jax; 10-07-2009 at 10:05 PM.
    Do you know how many directions 500 steel balls can go on a tile floor...
    Yellow tulips are evil.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to GB_Jax

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think the allure of the PF is partly due to the fact that it is the only machine of that era with that many tulips and the added fun and frustration factor they add to gameplay. No other company I know of had a similar machine nor did the company that made it make any other models like it. It wasn't as if it was the next generation of machine with new technology. It was just the best example IMO of inventiveness and creativity of that time when all of the other machines while fun, don't offer that level of gameplay.

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post
    hey mopar.

how do you plan to refinish the powerflash face? have you thought about doing the green decal overlay, so it stays even and smooth?

did you post a picture of the damaged face that I missed?
    i have put a ton of thought into it.. i must say im really draging my feet on geting started...

my consern is geting the tracks off and back on in a fashion that I will be happy with... we aquired a machine at the same time that was trash as well.. striped it out and tryed removing the tracks... broke some of the staples during removel.. Putzing around with it i cant see how im going to get them back in and tight ... to my standards

i think im going to sand it smoth and paint it... that way when the ball travels up the ramp it will fall down to the play field insted of bumping up and over a sticker.. but then the problem of color match

but i have not made my final decision yet

and PS no pictures as of yet, still in deep

any advice would be greatly apperciated
    I think the allure of the PF is partly due to the fact that it is the only machine of that era with that many tulips and the added fun and frustration factor they add to gameplay. No other company I know of had a similar machine nor did the company that made it make any other models like it. It wasn't as if it was the next generation of machine with new technology. It was just the best example IMO of inventiveness and creativity of that time when all of the other machines while fun, don't offer that level of gameplay.
    well put

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    It was just the best example IMO of inventiveness and creativity of that time when all of the other machines while fun, don't offer that level of gameplay.
    except an Arepachi
    Last edited by Moparformances; 10-07-2009 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Wanted to buy a powerflash

Quote Originally Posted by GB_Jax View Post
    No offense, I just REALLY wanted one of these. I have had a Nishijin A machine since the early 70s - when they weren't "vintage". I have been restoring/collecting them this year ever since I got my original machine from my dad's house after he passed away (my mom bought me the machine when I was a kid).

As mopar stated, I would never have thought it would go that high. I just kind of said, what the heck and kept bidding (I'm single, no kids - so my income gets spent on myself & my toys). I barely won it with 1 second left. I just hope I did not get some of the more veteran pachitalk members angry with the win.

Anyone in the Jax area is welcome to come play anytime...
    Congratulations!!

If it had been for sale over here in the UK, I wouldn't know what i would have been willing to bid up to, but it would have been a lot probably by PT members standards

Saying that, the market will only stand what the bidders are willing to pay, I wouldn't expect future PF's in the US to go as high as this one did

I have a chance to buy a really sorry looking basic Nishijin, broken glass, rust, neglect, etc etc, the kind you guys weigh up parting with $20 for, I would need to spend about £100 GBP to secure this one, hence I'm still thinking it over...

But these are Vintage, no more are being made, we don't know how many are still in circulation or in what condition

So if it's something you really want, and the price is acceptable to YOU, then you go for it...

Last edited by hanabi; 10-08-2009 at 03:24 AM.
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

8. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All I can say is that Seller must be elated!

Oh, and congratulations! It has always been my theory that the person that wants it the most... will get it!
    Dawn

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to dattia

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4