Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wanted to buy a powerflash

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Wanted to buy a powerflash

I hope no one on here goes nuts and spends too much money on this one..

While lots of people here want them and they don't come up every day, Lots of people here have picked up 1 or more of them just this year..so my suggestion would be don't panic..because there are more out there...These PF pachinkos are definitely not Harley pachislo rare!!

That said, good luck to anyone that goes after this one..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    Mopar, are you going to fight Teddy for this one, or are you going to share??

no fighting with in the family

just me winning

the good Lt and i have an agreement...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mopar and Lt. It is a 3 way bid on this since i do not have this Vintage in my collection . And I have wanted this type of pachinko i.e. Power Flash since my folks got and destroyed one back in 1978 by leaving it on a exposed porch in Brookfield, Wisconsin during rain and snow storms . I tried to save it back then but my stepmother was ticked off that i didn't "Give" her my Castle pachinko .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am thinking it's gonna be more than a 3 person bid for this one. Alot of people on this forum are looking for this machine and someone has already bid 150.00 though they retracted. No offense but not the best strategy since bidding high and early drives up the price and causes emotional bidding although it's good news for the seller.
    I have a feeling this one will go for more than most PF's even though it is lacking some key parts. However from what I can tell the chrome looks to be in great shape and doesn't have much if any of the typical pitting.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Although I really want a Power Flash machine, I just spent my toy budget on that Allwin, so I count me out of the bidding.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by NJ_Mike View Post
    Interesting method of keeping the frame from tipping when you open the front, I hadn't thought of that before. Cheaper than building a cabinet anyway.
    it works, but I see those brackets as temporary and kinda cheesy. I worry that they will dent my pachinko and my table, too.

I think the machine looks to be in GREAT condition. cleaner than the one that I bought for $90 off ebay.

GB_jax if you want it, I wouldn't worry about the junction box. there is a rectifier bridge to change from ac to dc, but that's easy to get, or you can use a dc voltage source instead. the powerflash works off both 24 volts and 10 volts. the 24 volts is for the solenoids, so that has to be DC. the incandescent bulbs don't care, but most people use a 9V battery for that.

I would be concerned that the inner layer was still intact, but it sounds like the seller isn't interested in getting more pix for you. I took that chance with mine off ebay, too, but the insides were all there.

I think one of the guys with more than one should offer to sell one off . might as well share our toys, right?
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Seems like there isn't need for anyone to snipe bid at this point. Seems like a good ole fashion brawl for this nice PF. Good luck everyone who is bidding on this machine!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mudfud: it works, but I see those brackets as temporary and kinda cheesy. I worry that they will dent my pachinko and my table, too.

_________

I had this exchange with Hanabi too, I was referring to the latch hooks on the back upper corners of the machine I'm a noob, but not that much of a noob.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to NJ_Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Alright, alright apparently I am the "bad" guy on this forum with more than one PF. But just to set the record straight I have fixed up and given(as in for free) away 4 pachinkos out of the 8 or so I've owned since getting involved in this great hobby and one of those was a "little man" variety PF. So despite my album pics I am now left with a t-bird and a little man machine which was my original goal. So there! If I wasn't on my iPhone I'd have an emoticon with a tongue sticking out but I can't figure out where they are.

Last edited by Sid; 10-03-2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: just helping out the cause...

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I called on a nice looking powerflash this last week in Portland. Just down the road from me. Typical Craigs list no phone number. The price was reasonable and I stated I would buy it. Well after waiting for over half a day the Lady reponded and stated it was already sold to a gentelman in Louisiana for " five " times what she had listed it for. One wonders if in the mail counts?
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes a compadre of yours was wondering the same thing but evidently there is at least one other person in my state with a keen interest in collectable pachinkos. And this person has deep pockets it seems. I don't know the original price but 5 times that plus shipping has to be a bit pricey. Much like the one on eBay is turning out to be. It's already at $112.00!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post
    it works, but I see those brackets as temporary and kinda cheesy. I worry that they will dent my pachinko and my table, too.

I think the machine looks to be in GREAT condition. cleaner than the one that I bought for $90 off ebay.

GB_jax if you want it, I wouldn't worry about the junction box. there is a rectifier bridge to change from ac to dc, but that's easy to get, or you can use a dc voltage source instead. the powerflash works off both 24 volts and 10 volts. the 24 volts is for the solenoids, so that has to be DC. the incandescent bulbs don't care, but most people use a 9V battery for that.

I would be concerned that the inner layer was still intact, but it sounds like the seller isn't interested in getting more pix for you. I took that chance with mine off ebay, too, but the insides were all there.

I think one of the guys with more than one should offer to sell one off . might as well share our toys, right?
    I am very interested, but withdrew because I was worried about getting it hooked up correctly without the j-box. I don't want to snipe anyone, but I would love to get it working. I may not be out of this yet...

I would also be willing to pay a good price if anyone here has a working PF that they would part with... Send me a PM.
    Do you know how many directions 500 steel balls can go on a tile floor...
    Yellow tulips are evil.

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by GB_Jax View Post
    I am very interested, but withdrew because I was worried about getting it hooked up correctly without the j-box. I don't want to snipe anyone, but I would love to get it working. I may not be out of this yet...

I would also be willing to pay a good price if anyone here has a working PF that they would part with... Send me a PM.

I started this thread with I wanted to buy a powerflash. Please send a private message.
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Teddy View Post
    I started this thread with I wanted to buy a powerflash. Please send a private message.
    You're right, forgot the original post intent since we staring talking about the one on e-bay. You should have 1st shot at anyone willing to sell a PF.
    Do you know how many directions 500 steel balls can go on a tile floor...
    Yellow tulips are evil.

19. The following user says "Thanks" to GB_Jax

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Holy run up the bids needlessly, Batman!!! Someone or some people need to read bidding strategy 101 and save their own selves some cash. I figure it's gotta be members on here cuz who else is gonna pay that much for a vintage?? It is exciting though

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I always start with a small sport bid to remind me i want to put a snipe in at the end.

people are just jacking up the bid way ahead of time. I'm sure the seller is very happy about now
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You know the seller had no idea that old " contraption" was gonna fetch $100.00 much less what it's at now.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

not working and its up to 222.50

I bet he paid 10 or 15 bucks for it
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    Alright, alright apparently I am the "bad" guy on this forum with more than one PF. But just to set the record straight I have fixed up and given(as in for free) away 4 pachinkos out of the 8 or so I've owned since getting involved in this great hobby and one of those was a "little man" variety PF. So despite my album pics I am now left with a t-bird and a little man machine which was my original goal. So there! If I wasn't on my iPhone I'd have an emoticon with a tongue sticking out but I can't figure out where they are.
    you're not the "bad" guy. also not the only one with more than one PF.

didn't mean to criticize you.
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No worries and I didn't take offense but I did at one time have 3 of them so I thought I'd clarify.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast