Thread: Japanese to English translation needed

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Japanese to English translation needed

Hello all,

I have a module in the back of my pachinko machine that displays a single digit code. I would like to know what they mean. Particularly #2 since it is displayed. I have attached a picture of this code. I have tried several times to get a good picture with little success, but maybe someone can read and translate this for me.

Many, many thanks to anyone that can do this for me.

Warm Regards,

Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Japanese to English translation needed

My rough literal translation is 賞球用遊技球不足 - 'Prize ball award balls insufficient'.

This is either going to mean 'Insufficient prize balls' ie payout hopper is empty, or 'Insufficient balls are paid out for a prize ball award' which is usually due to an inconsistency between the number of balls the machine has instructed the payout unit to deliver and the number of paid out balls counted by the payout verification sensor. Most often this is caused simply by dirt or obstructions in the ball delivery rails causing the balls to not roll consistently into the payout motor assembly.

I've got Japanese manuals for a couple of Newgin frames around here somewhere (not sure which one is relevant as I don't recognise the name of the game you've got!), I'll see if either of them list this error code and translate the recommended checks if I can find them.
    Last edited by daverob; 09-20-2009 at 07:12 PM.

3. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you so much for translating this for me.

There seem to be four channels that balls can sit in on my machine. Three of the four hold balls. If I fill the fourth channel I get 14 balls in and it shoots them out. If I power the machine off and completely fill the channel it will release all of them when I power the machine back on.

Would you recommend taking the machine apart and see if there are obstructions in the channels?

Although not a great picture, I have a picture posted of the back of the machine in the thread I closed about identifying a newgin machine.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Joe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if they are falling out to the shooter tray it is catching up on payouts
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'd agree with luckydog that the machine is most likely trying to catch up on payouts.

If the balls are only coming out of one of the four channels, then there is probably a ball jam in one of the other channels that is causing the error code. I'd expect that two channels are used for prize ball payout and the other two are used for loan ball payout, you can ignore the loan ball channels as they will only work with a parlour card reader (or card reader emulator dongle).

It's always worth emptying all the balls out of a machine, and giving the ball feed channels and accessible parts of the payout mechanism a good clean on any machine that's having payout problems or showing error codes. Most of the time this is enough to get the machine working again.

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey folks...

Well it took some time but I took apart all the ball channel stuff and cleaned them out... I could not believe how much gunk like fuzz was in there. Anyway, code is clear now and just showing a '-'. I filled both sides of the channels and plugged the machine in. It kicked out several balls again, so I loaded them back up. I think you are right, it was catching up on paying out.

Anyway, I found a piece of metal in the channel. I have attached a picture. I think that it goes to the door lock.

Thanks again for all your help. I think I am getting closer to a working machine. :-D

Warm Regards,

Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to wjhildreth

SCOOBYDOO_2002 - BEWARE!!!! CooCoo4pachinko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now that my youngsters understand, my ball track days are over. But way back when, at least once a week I was taking them apart. Finding an actual ball bearing, marbles, and a couple M&Ms. A ball bearing must have been slipped in with balls I had bought. Marbles I can see. But how do you get a M&M blocking the payout mech several different times is beyond me.

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to CooCoo4pachinko