Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New and in search of help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New and in search of help.

nice machine. definitely worth $15 since it has a clean cell (the face) and looks to be intact. it also is not covered in dirt, bugs, grease, etc, like many of the ones that we find.

the wiring's not hard. there are only 2 circuits. one to light the low tray light and one to light the jackpot light. mopar can tell you which of the 2 pins to plug into, and for this kind of circuit, it won't matter which side is plus or minus. or you can try trial and error. the extra connections were to signal the parlor that the machine needed a refill of balls.

you said the flipper doesn't work. as jeff said, can you say more? it has a spring connected in the back that pulls it back to the up position, so start there to make sure it is connected.

you need about 300 pachinko balls, and these as much as the machine itself. ebay is a good source. can get them about 4 cents per ball.

if you search in the vintage pachinko section of this website, you will find a lot of info. people are quite helpful for specific questions, too.

for basic wiring, I posted on youtube if you're interested.

YouTube - pachinko daiichi electrical
    YouTube - pachinko sanyo electrical

PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome!!

Another one from OHIO!!

Now there will be more compitition

I had never seen one of these before and now after a few months I have completely taken one apart and put back togeather. With all the help from the awesome people here you will have a good understanding of these machines in no time.
    --

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok lets try this

first will be power hook up
    DSCF3634.jpg

u can see red wire goes into the side closest to the machine and is hooked to the lower of the two pins.. the black wire is hoked to the oppisit corner.. the upper left pin.. when using your wall wart it will not matter wether it is red or black just hook one to the lower right.. closest to the machine.. and the other wire to the upper left furthest from the machine..

DSCF3635.jpg

this pic showes the wires coming from the plug.. just below where thouse wires come from the back of the plug is the leif switch... this is the switch that lights the jackpot lighs when u win..

DSCF3637.jpg

the micro switch is for when the machine is low on balls.. the lever is allowed to lift up when there are no balls left in the upper hopper..

it looks like your missing that micro switch..

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Moparformances; 09-11-2009 at 08:38 PM.
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

u said your having trouble shooting balls??

have u opened the lower acces door>>

hear is a pic of where the switch is and what mine looks like open..

DSCF3631.jpg

DSCF3632.jpg

DSCF3633.jpg
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

last pic

showes the jackpot arm in its upper position.. yours is stuck in the down posistion.. it should come back up onits own after the machine has paid its bounty of balls..

hope this helps..

have u bought another one yet??

what are u waiting for

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

DSCF3636.jpg

forgot pic

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WOW! You guys are terrific, I am completely overwelmed by the responce of help! Thanks a million, nice to know there are still nice people out there that are willing to help. Where I work I get to see the worst in people. Makes it nice to come home and find that there are still good people in the world. I would say normal, people but there must be a little something wrong with us to be so enamored with a grown up toy!!

Ok, enough of my mushy jabbering, back to the business at hand. First off Moparformances (must say I love that name, I'm a mopar girl at heart) you are amazing, thanks for all the help. You asked how many balls came with the machine, only about 50. So I'm thinking tonight I'm ordering some on e-bay. Second, you asked if I called about Sparkman, trust me when I say it's been difficult not to since from the pictures on line it's really clean and fully functional. Guy is asking $150 for it, which was one of the things keeping me from calling. Not sure if that's good or bad price. Not to mention if I buy that I get no more good advice from you! LOL.

Ok, next Digital1 and Sigma, yep you may have a little competition this could be highly addicting. I found the machine at the Hartville Flea Market. There were two there that day. The other machine was in VERY rough condition. Frame was rusty and it was really dirty. And I had to ask what they even were, before then never heard of pichinko.

And Mudfud yes it is very clean for something from that had been drug from someone's basement to a flea market and God know's where else.

BigDog, yes I guarantee you that I'm the wife. As I'm reading the posts and writing this reply my husband is rolling his eyes at me. He still thinks I've lost it. Perhaps instead of hiding the machines under the stairs I should hide him under there!! Moohahahaha

I really didn't get to work on it much tonight. Had to work over, didn't get home on time. My Grandmother is getting ready to get released from the nursing home to go home so my day has been a little full. BUT I do have great news. I have no idea what I did messing around this evening but it shoots balls now!!! YEAH!!! So yes I definately need more balls. I was so excited that it worked. I'm hoping to find time tomorrow to work on the power source...

Thanks again guys for all the excellent help. I'm sure I'll be asking a million more questions tomorrow when I attempt to wire this thing especially since I know NOTHING about wiring anything. Oh, and I don't know what a micro switch is so I think I need to do some reading.

12. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to GigiGirl721

Thanks
    Thanks Received

DSCF3631 - Copy.jpg

micro switch

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    DSCF3631 - Copy.jpg

micro switch

You've got to circle the device
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

nice machine , and for only 15 bucks !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    You've got to circle the device

dont know how to?? new putter dont know where photo shop is or how to use it??

DSCF3631 - Copy (2).jpg

hope this helps

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't tell that you don't know how you fixed it! You have to ACT like you know. That is how I do it. Fixed itsself???NO!!!I figured it all out.
    --

20. The following user says "Thanks" to digital1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ah Hartville Flea Market, haven't been there in years, had to move away. But next time I am in the area I will have to go. Thanks for letting me know. Congrats on getting your pachi working.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

must be that time of year to buy pachinko machines at flea markets...mine found its new life at "the Elephants Trunk" here in CT. (yours cost about 25 less than mine tho..lol)

did you buy balls yet? I am trying to get some on ebay right now and wondering who you went with amd were they vintage/used or new? who did you buy from..pachinkoman.com was about double the price and I dont know why (but $110 for balls in a $40 machine has got me thinking twice new vs vintage balls.

thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2