Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New and in search of help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question New and in search of help.

Hi, new at this so forgive me I'm a rookie. I bought a pachinko machine this past Monday at a flea market. Trust me when I say that I didn't even know what the thing was and had to ask someone. I walked away and for some reason decided I HHHHAAADDD to have it. Which you have to understand I'm that person that goes to a flea market and usually comes home with nothing. Bought it for $15 from a vendor who said he was selling it for an elderly neighbor whose husband had passed away and the story goes he brought it back from Japan while stationed there in the military and that at some point it was in a subway. If I'm reading somethings right on the web, the sticker has a 52 in between all the Japanese writing, so the machine was decomissioned in 1952? Sound right? At this point there is no power source for the machine, in the photos I uploaded the one is of what I think would be where the plug would go but I don't know where'd you'd find an adapter to ever fit it. Also the flpper, for lack of a techincal term, is not functioning either. I can't get the balls to flick up into the machine.

All I can say is I've become obsessed with trying to find a way to fix it. My husband thinks I've completely gone crazy and thinks I've just wasted $15. I think I may have found a hobby.

If anyone can give me some pointers or if you know how to hook a power source up and/or fix that flipper thing I would be EXTREMELY grateful. If I can get this one fixed it's going downstairs to hang on the wall.

Oh and I can't forget to thank Hanabi! I was having a hard time trying for find where to start a new thread and she saved me from tearing my hair out. Thanks Hanabi, you're a real peach!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to GigiGirl721

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New and in search of help.

52 is the year in japanese calender.. so u add 25 to that makes it a 77 machine

yes the power pluges in there.. keep in mind its a 10volt sys so use a wall wart or better yet a 9volt bat

have u figured out how to open the front yet??

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Last edited by Moparformances; 09-11-2009 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What is a wall wart? And is there an adapter to fit in that or do I need to find someway of rigging wires to those prongs?

And I did get the front open. The glass was broken so I had my husband cut a piece of plexiglass to fit. I was tickled that I got new glass, can't imagine how giddy I'll be if I can get something else to work!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

aaa wall wart.jpg
    wall wart

there is also a way to open the shooter tray... now that u have the door open there should be a latch.. u can usualy push the latch release down and swing the tray out.. this will give u better access to the shooter itself
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

how many sphere's do u have

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I have a wall wart and didn't even know it! When I went to Radio Shack and attempted to explain what I was trying to do, he handed me that and an end to plug it in that he said could be wired to the prongs in the machine if I could figure out what was suppose to be on each prong. So I was a little afraid until I got more information that I might blow up the machine or shock the crap out of myself if I did wired it wrong.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

and if u have any spacific questions i might be able to help ya out

monako new poppy front.jpg monako new poppy front close.jpg monako new poppy back.jpg

have u seen one of these before???

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I take it that there's not adapter that just fits in the square? I'm sure it just couldn't be that easy.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

wires are perty straight forward

jsut make sure the wallwart is 12volt max... really should be 10volt but 12 will make brighter lights .. it will also burn the bulbs faster..

its been a wile since i played my machine and i can pull it out tomarow if need be.. if i rember right it had a 4 prong plug.. but only requres power to two of them..

hope that helps

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like you have a mahine almost exactly like the one I have. I'm sure you'll know EXACTLY how to fix it since you must have done this before. I'm afraid this could be adicting. I was looking on Craigslist trying to buy another one...that works so I could see how things were wired up.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

no adaptor u will have to create one

hope u like eating ramen
    Last edited by Moparformances; 09-11-2009 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes that helps alot because that is exactly what this one has, four prongs. If you could take a picture of let me know sometime which ones you hooked the positive wire, negative wire to I would greatly appreciate it. The wall wart I got at Radio Shack is a 10V. THANK YOU!!
    LOL, yes I can see that this could become an addiction. Do they have a pachinko machine anonymous?? I already told my husband I thought it would be cool if he could make me frames to run down the one basement wall and start getting machines to fill them...he said he thinks I'm nuts and told me perhaps I should get the one I bought working before I start dragging home more. I have news for him. I saw one online called "Sparkman" it's looking really awesome...I just hope you can't list "Pachinko" as a reason for divorce. LOL
    Last edited by GigiGirl721; 09-11-2009 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok two things

first u can see the wires taht go to the micro switches.. the microswitches turn the light bulbs on and off.. im sorrry to say your look to be missing... but dont worry there easy to get..

second
    your ball dump is triped.. if u put balls in the machine right now it looks like they will drop in the hopper.. run down the upper rail.. turn 180 down twards the jackpot holder.. but just after the 180 turn the ball dump is located..

there are two trap door like levers in the bottom of the track.. when triped the balls will auto dump to the bottom of the machine.. there should be a spring loaded lever that u will need to reset.. that way the balls will continue to the jackpot holder..

take a look and see if u can get it reset??

ill take some closeup pics of the key areas tomarow for ya

u never said how meany spheres do u have?? this machine will work on as few as 200 but 500 to 700 will make it much nicer to play..

good luck

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by GigiGirl721 View Post
    . I saw one online called "Sparkman" it's looking really awesome...

if u get a sparkman i wont be able to help u any more i say sparkman on craigslist a week back drove 4+ hr round trip to find it was a striped machine.. major parts mising .. needless to say i have some great part for that model machine but now i want my own even worse...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: New and in search of help.

Welcome again to PachiTalk!!

Not sure what model that one is, is it a Nishijin??
    Did you get some pachinko balls with it too??

We have quite a few members that enjoy restoring Vintage Pachinkos, and you will get some great advice,

If you haven't found it yet, then here's the link to an excellent post by wrkey which will help you understand how a vintage actually works
    , very good for reference

How A Vintage Pachinko Machine works

btw If you are thinking of adding to your collection, it's a good idea to ask sellers for close up pics of the front and back of the machines,
    then you can see what condition they are in and whether any parts are missing before travelling

Often our members 'post' ones they find for sale in either the 'ebay' or craigs lists' sections of the 'Trading Post' Forum, and can point out the good and bad points of each Pachinko

Collecting and restoring is fun!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Gigi,

Forgive me, but are you sure that YOU aren't the husband, and your WIFE thinks that YOU are crazy? That your WIFE isn't complaining about your newly jump-started addiction?

You see, that's the way it usually works on this board. The men start dragging these poor machines home from Flea Markets, Garage Sales, etc. Then, they graduate to Craigslist and Ebay.

Then, one day, the wife finds a treasure-trove of machines in the cubby hole underneath the stairs in the garage (true story). "Where in the Hell did those come from?"...was my meek (but adamant) reply. Needless to say, it didn't fly, and now the machines are just out in the open...I stopped trying to hide them...all 15 of them.

Anyway, I always LOVE a $15 pachinko. If it works, GREAT! You got a real-live working piece of 1970's art for 15 bucks. If it is broken beyond repair, STILL NOT BAD! You have an opportunity to learn about the machine without worrying about breaking it...not to mention the parts that folks here need from time to time.

Good luck with your Husband...before you know it, he will be addicted as well...it's the natural order of things...

Welcome aboard!
    I'm not addicted to Pachinkos. I can quit at any time. Did I tell you about the three machines that I have on the way?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the Dark Side!! You have found the right group of people to help you feed your addiction.

That is a very nice Okumurayuki Victory machine you found!! Quite the bargain at $15 too!! I am intrigued by the mechanics on the back - I have never seen a setup quite like that.

You mentioned that the ball shooter is not working - can you elaborate on that problem? Is the spring connected to it on the back of the machine?

You have probably noticed that there are many people on this site who like to troubleshoot issues for others and solve problems. Let us know how we can help.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: New and in search of help.

WELCOME

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome

I noticed you are from Ohio, me too. I have to know what flea market you went too so I can go and get a bargin like that. Cool pachi.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast