Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WOOOO-HOOOO! INCOMING!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by TatooedLady
    hit big bonus within 5 minutes, and WOW is this machine LOOUDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!! My boyfriend made me disconnect the speakers until I get the volume reduction done. :smt046 His first question after it fired up and started playing music at top volume... "You're getting HOW many more of these???"
    I did the same thing when I got my 1st machine. Now I have a table out in the garage. Every new Pachislo I buy lives in the garage until volume mods have been done, and all of my tweaking is finished. Even though the machines I get from Zcore are in GREAT shape, I still like to go over them and "finish" them up a little.

I have 3 different volume mods I do. Basic 8 ohm speakers get a couple resistors that mimic a non-adjustable L-Pad. Sammy piezo tweeters get a 2.2K ohm resistor installed in one wire, and Sammy bass speakers (8 ohm) get a beefed up version of the 2 resistor mod that includes a 10 watt power resistor.

When making recommendations to others, I recommend L-Pads for everything except the Sammy piezo tweeters, and 5K ohm pots for those.

The only machine I have that didn't need volume mods to be "accepted" in the house, is my Soreyuke Manbou. It is perfect when set to "0" (the volume control on it has 0-10) My Magic Pulsar seemed OK set on 1, but in the bonus round if was still to loud, so it got volume mods and now 4 is about where it used to be at 1. I run it at 2 or 3 depending on the amount of competing noise in the house.

Quiet volume greatly enhances the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor), and it doesn't detract from the game play at all.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The only one of my machines that didn't need a volume control is the Don Don King. All the rest were unbearable (at least to me) when they went into the bonus continual-music mode... installed L-Pads in all the rest.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, it turns out my buddy's one of the newest members of PachiTalk, as of some ungodly hour this morning! Ratman381 is the one that wired the volume controls on my Lucky Cat, and the wiring is such that you can lower the volume for each speaker separately...it's a VERY low profile design, the wiring harness he rigged up fits right in with all the wires that were there previously..and it works FANTASTICALLY! To the point that we can simply TALK while sitting in front of the machine, instead of flinching and screaming. Anyhow, I'm going to get my Yeti today, he's in the market now (I'm a HORRIBLE influence on my friends!!) for his own machine(s). :twisted:
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

we all are, itt is the burden we carry :grin:
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, alllllllllllllllrighty! Just got the email notification from UPS (gulp) that Marine Carnival's on its way home! I've gotta get a table setup to work in my place for 4 machines (if/when it goes OVER 4, I'll have to make additional room.....no prob up to 6, maybe..?).
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Utopia1dc

TL-

If you got all these machines on your kitchen table, where are you gonna eat? :grin:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

she will be too busy playing her machines to eat :lol: :lol: :lol:
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia1dc
    TL-

If you got all these machines on your kitchen table, where are you gonna eat? :grin:
    Well, we're rather the UNconventional family...we eat out, or eat in the livingroom (not 10' from the kitchen table) so the table now serves no REAL purpose other than to be a 'catch all'. Seems like a logical decision to put into use something that's just sitting there, collecting junk. :smt003
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

where is the junk going to go ?

"an inquiring mind needs to know or I will wet my pants" :cry:
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OUT! OUT DAMNED SPOT!
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A forced "spring cleaning" is coming to TTL's household... :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, at this rate, this thread will never die....Soon as my PayPal payment goes thru (here we go again!!) I'll be getting the Hanabi Hyakkei! Didn't get as low a price on it as I'd hoped, but it looks cool enough to pay a semi-premium price for...guess I SHOULD be done sniping on Ebay for awhile.....YAYYYYYYYY!!
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well, woo-freakin' HOO! :smt026 PayPal cleared, UPS has the shipping info! now the question is: Under the "status" line it says "Exception", and "rescheduled delivery Feb 18, 2005"....MY question (we're dealing with the brownies here) is - does that mean they're gonna ship it now and it should (HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!) deliver on the 18th, or they're waiting til the 18th to ship, and I'll get it in June? :smt028 It also says under the "activity" section: "FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY". Now, I didn't see that last shipment, so I'm wondering if that means it's being shipped to me, since I'd think I'm in the "destination city". Is this code for "we're gonna ship this one thru Europe first, then send it over Niagra Falls"? :smt119
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

'THE FACILITY' was a name they used for the liquidation camps in Europe a few years back.if you start getting postcards from the machine telling you how nice the place is... just write it off.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Uh....my Hanabi Hyakkei is going to Aushwitz?? :smt022
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Utopia1dc

TTL-

You gotta get the Dracula 7, you have it on hold...That's like filling out the adoption papers, and then backing out the day you go pick up the child? Give that Pachi a good home! :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

:lol: I've talked to David @ 7mileslots already...that's where I got the Kiwame yesterday....It WAS supposed to be "in place of" the D7, but I told him when he was stuffing the machine in my car that I MIGHT still be able to swing the D7....soooooo, instead of 2 machines bought from him, it might just be up to 3 soon. My boyfriend said "he probably just starts laughing when he sees you coming....."
    "Hi, my name's Kelly, and I'm a Pachi-holic......"
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

TTL... I've had that happen.

That means you'll see it in:
    A) February
    B) the 18th of some month
    C) Sometime in 2005
    D) None of the above

No... that SHOULD be delivered on the 18th.
    They missed the pickup, or it was submitted online but not ready, or it visited somewhere else first. :roll:

The facility to receive it (no doubt where you went to pick up that other machine) knows now NOT to expect it on the day they were originally told.

As you know, they are probably now disappointed that they won't be able to come visit you a day or two earlier.
    But now they know to schedule a guy to meet you at the gate that night. :wink:
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, waddaya know?? My HH showed up around 2:30 this afternoon....UPS has shocked AND amazed me in a GOOD way this time! Upon opening it and plugging in after checking all screws, etc...my first words were "Holy CALIFORNIA!!!" And within 5 minutes of plugging it in, I just HAD to call my friend over to see this thing! Amazing....truly amazing....and, of course...LOUD! So we've got 3 people that are more than happy to just STUFF it full of tokens...nothing like having enough play time to find any potential bugs QUICK!!
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

kelly,

i know what you mean, i got my monkey magic with 15 inch lcd this morning,

i already hit three jackpots in the first few hours of playing.

the graphics are amazing :lol: :lol: :lol:

i folded a towel and layed it over the top and speakers to quiet it down for now.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast