Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Is it possible???

Is it possible to get a modern pinball for $400-500 or less? It doesn't seem like it is! I want something modern that's a lot of fun with ramps and stuff, but $1500 is too steep for me. Is this a lost cause or do I just have to keep looking? Are there any tricks I should know when on the lookout?
    Elvira Pinball, Devil May Cry, Exhaust, Speed Racer,Looney Tunes Mahrajah Basement/Club where my pachis live...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Is it possible???

with everyone selling on ebay for those prices,i don't think you could get one for 4-500.00 unless you get the word out that you are looking to buy one.try craigslist or your local newspaper and run a wanted to buy ad.provided there are no other "collectors" doing the same thing,you just might come across someone who had one in their house for a few years,and they have gotten tired of it,or it may no longer work,and they want to free up some space,and might sell cheaply.or even someone who desperately needs some quick money.in these times,who knows.

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pinball wizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is always possible. A lady I work with found out I like pinball machines & she gave me a space invaders pinball & pole position stand up if I would get them out of her garage.
    SPIN LUCK #2973 *** KING CAMEL *** SINBAD ADVENTURE *** AUTOMATIC *** WILD WOLF *** DEATH VALLEY *** NEO PLANETT *** THE CYBORG SOLDIER 009 SP *** DESTROYER

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to FTKServices

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is possible but you just have to get lucky and be quick with the buy as they go fast.

For $500 you can get a good "players" machine as it will probably have some cosmetic issues but still should be a solid game.

My friend just picked up a Williams F-14 in nice shape but unshopped for $725.

I picked up my Baywatch for about $800 but it needed some work.

There are deals out there but most of the time the machines will need some cleaning and a good going over.

Have fun!!!
    Rocky, King Camel, Terminator, Popeye, Sindbad Adventure, Super Blackjack, Babel, Death Valley ---- Pinball Machines: Star Trek TNG, Black Knight 2000, Theatre of Magic, Mystery Castle, Starship Troopers, SlugFast, Firepower, Baywatch, Checkpoint, Grand Prix

7. The following user says "Thanks" to fast toys

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I missed out on a Terminator 2 for $600 so they are deals out there. Just keep looking, if your not in a rush one will turn up eventually.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to monkeyboy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes you can find them in that price range on Craigslist only be prepared to do some work and spend some extra for any needed repair. Machines do come up often at that price range here in NY an NY is not a Pinball mecca by any means. I guess it depends on where you live as to the number of Pinball postings having what you are looking for.
    Led Zepplin

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cheap Ninja Turtles in Sacramento. Not perfect but works.

FS: TMNT pin $400, Northern CA (Sacramento) - rec.games.pinball | Google Groups

13. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to monkeyboy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wish I was near there!
    :-(
    Elvira Pinball, Devil May Cry, Exhaust, Speed Racer,Looney Tunes Mahrajah Basement/Club where my pachis live...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's one and it is a fun game to boot. Looks like a good deal so far.

Bally Mousin Around pinball machine Arcade - eBay (item 140336342914 end time Aug-04-09 16:54:49 PDT)
    Rocky, King Camel, Terminator, Popeye, Sindbad Adventure, Super Blackjack, Babel, Death Valley ---- Pinball Machines: Star Trek TNG, Black Knight 2000, Theatre of Magic, Mystery Castle, Starship Troopers, SlugFast, Firepower, Baywatch, Checkpoint, Grand Prix

16. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to fast toys

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A bit far fr me though. But thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

check online for video game auctions, i live in va and found an auction 60m. away, every 2 months...i have since bought 5 pinball mach. in 3 yrs. for 575.00-900.00 some have small cosmetic issues, others had bad bulbs, one had a bad flipper, all parts can be had, via internet. just be careful, when going inspect and play it alot to make sure you know whats working or not, because vendors drop their crappy pins. at these sales too. enjoy but beware collecting pins. is addictive!!!rick

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to rickhandy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So when things aren't working on a pin...are they usually easy fixes...
    For instance...Pachislos- if they don't power up at all, it's usually just the power supply which can be fixed for $15 or $20. if it powers on, but doesn't work, it's usually the control board..another $10-20 repair. Is it similar with pins?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

one of the most common problems on pins is the driver transistors go bad ,but they only cost a buck or two,and are easily replaced if you are handy with a soldering iron.there are many repair and troubleshooting guides on the net,and there are people who do circuit board repairs.and most non-game specific parts are easy to get.not like pachis,where there is not much available in those areas.so,i would say pins are way easier than pachis to work on.

22. The following user says "Thanks" to pinball wizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

wizard said it (soldering iron) keep your pins 1980 and up and you will have solid state circuitry (plug in and out) replacement parts, also your multiball and talking units, came in after this date, most parts run between 10.00-60.00 bucks, theres just whole lot more parts on a pin than on a pachislo. good luck...rick

24. The following user says "Thanks" to rickhandy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK- I'm I not searching for these video gaming auction properly? I can't find anything about them. I'm in Kansas City, MO...google is driving me nuts! I wouldn't think they'd be this hard to find...
    Any help appreciated.

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

You would be surprised at how many came up on Craigs tempest sight. If you have not used it, it lets you look by the mile from your zip code.
    Last edited by Lt Teddy; 08-01-2009 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

29. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Re: Is it possible???

I actually did search Tempest, and didn't see anythng too close to me.
    there is a Roller Games for $750 that's not too far. There are also a good number of vintage pins, but I'd like a modern one. I'd rather wait and save up for one I want.

The new family guy pic looks AMAZING...but I'm never going to have upwards of $4000 I want to spend on a game...Maybe I'll find someone that inherits one and hates it and wants to get rid of it! :-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

keep looking.. u will get it
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

32. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK- I found one...but it's an 8 hour round trip from me. Let me know if you guys think it's worth it...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) - $625 (after telling him about my drive) and the guys says it's in really good shape.

Is that a good price? Is TMNT fun? Should I hold out and wait for something else? Am I better off figuring my time is worth a couple hundred dollars and adding that to the cost, and just spending more close on something else? There's a south park locally, but it's $2200. :-( Any thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast