Thread: Card Reader Dongle Question

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Card Reader Dongle Question

I understand Dave's card reader can manage credits for dispensing balls. Does the machine also record payouts to the card reader instead of dispensing balls? If it does that can it also get my mail delivery person to close my mail box after putting the mail in? TIA

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to PanamaVet

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Card Reader Dongle Question

Quote Originally Posted by PanamaVet View Post
    I understand Dave's card reader can manage credits for dispensing balls. Does the machine also record payouts to the card reader instead of dispensing balls?
    No it is not able to record payouts to the card reader instead of dispensing prize balls. I don't think this would be easily achieved without having to substantially modify the pachinko machine as most machines use the same payout mechanism for loan balls dispensed by the dongle and prize balls. So you would get your payouts effectively doubled as you would still get the prize balls paid out along with the additional credit.

Even on the machines that use seperate payout mechanisms for loan balls and prize balls, it wouldn't be that easy to achieve as the prize ball output signal from the pachinko machine is only activated when balls are paid out, so you would have to trick the machine into thinking that the prize balls had been paid out. You could then connect the prize ball output signal from the pachinko machine to the external credit switch input on the dongle, but you'd still have to work around the fact that the prize ball output signals a payout of 10 balls, and a credit on the dongle is worth 25 balls (though this issue could be solved by wiring a 'credit board' similar to the type used with multiple coin electronic coin mechs between the pachinko and the dongle's external credit switch input).

All in all, it would be a pretty complicated setup to get it working like this and wouldn't be possible on most machines, so officially it's not supported by the dongles. Though if you're seriously interested and have a machine where it would be possible I would be happy to help you get it set up and working.

If it does that can it also get my mail delivery person to close my mail box after putting the mail in? TIA
    You could try throwing the dongle at them while shouting to close the mail box. But I must warn you that this usage is not covered by the dongles warranty, and I'm not convinced it would significantly add to the effectiveness of shouting alone.
    Last edited by daverob; 07-15-2009 at 11:09 AM.

4. The following 17 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dave,

Thanks for the quick response. I am new to modern Pachinko and was thinking the parlors might be using the cards to stop dealing with buckets of balls.

I will be purchasing a dongle for my Julie Fever machine and looking to get some replacement bulbs for my Lumina frame. The manual you translated is fantastic.

Thanks again...

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to PanamaVet

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by PanamaVet View Post
    the parlors might be using the cards to stop dealing with buckets of balls.
    There is a system, but it doesn't use the pachinko machine's interface:

株式会社マースエンジニアリング【パーソナルPCシステム】

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

8. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Jon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello daverob
    Have a question on your device. You can record credit card for not using a slot machine? The machine I want to put in a cafe, how can I be?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Max-Payn View Post
    The machine I want to put in a cafe, how can I be?
    The cards I use with the dongle are simple memory smartcards. They are not secure. Anybody with a suitable PC smartcard reader can copy them or change the amount of credit on them.

So I would definitely not recommend using them in a cafe, unless the pachinko games are only for entertainment.

The dongles can be connected up to coin/bill acceptors instead of the smartcard readers. But at PachiTalk we have a policy of not discussing how to convert machines to take money (as it is illegal in some countries/states), so please contact me privately if you would like to do this.

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dave wrote to you on the mailbox a few days ago, no answer. If not asked the right questions, are you content change.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

slot-pachinko pre installed two volume controls which work perfectly on the upper two speakers but there is another insanely loud speaker(s) somewhere down at the bottom.

Last edited by hanabi; 12-22-2009 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by truwhirsus View Post
    slot-pachinko pre installed two volume controls which work perfectly on the upper two speakers but there is another insanely loud speaker(s) somewhere down at the bottom.

6 pack of volume controls for $12 (Auction ID: 2612, End Time : Jan. 17, 2010 0631) - PachiTalk.com

these are great and easy to install... for Pachinko and Pachislo both..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead