Thread: My New Black Spiderman Finally Arrived!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My New Black Spiderman Finally Arrived!

I've actually had it about a week. I've been to busy playing it to take any pictures.

I bought it new in box, but since it's so late in the Black Spiderman game I had to pay quite a lot. The bad news is it actually has a switch problem. The left return lane switch stops working every time the Doc Ock figure is in it's lowered position. I've contacted Stern and my dealer and they both assure me that they will get things fixed.

I think the next order of business is going to be to order a custom topper...I'm not really digging the "Tounament Play" sign very much. I'd also like to get a replacement lockdown bar without the tournament play button. Then of course LED lights and a bigger sub is probably going to get added eventually.

I'm really enjoying the game and it looks like it's really going to take some time for me to see all this game has to offer. I've come close to getting to the Battle Royale mode...but to get to Super Hero seems like a real feat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 24 users say "Thanks" to DugFreez

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My New Black Spiderman Finally Arrived!

Yes getting to super hero is real hard! Battle Royle though is good fun when you get there.
    Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh man...that is sweet!
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

awesome!!!
    Wish I could afford a real pinball!
    Elvira Pinball, Devil May Cry, Exhaust, Speed Racer,Looney Tunes Mahrajah Basement/Club where my pachis live...

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

spidy black should come withthe tornament play button already there it was the normal spidy that needed modding the torny button was part of the ltd edition

the rumble motor rocks though i love it in spidy and jurasic prk kinda adds a difrent edge to the play
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by drcrippen324 View Post
    spidy black should come withthe tornament play button already there it was the normal spidy that needed modding the torny button was part of the ltd edition

the rumble motor rocks though i love it in spidy and jurasic prk kinda adds a difrent edge to the play

Yes, I was actually looking to buy a new lockdown bar without the tourney button and replace the "Tournamant Play" sign with a custom topper.

After I looked into how tournament play worked...I really liked the idea. I was originally think it had something to do with linking the machine to the internet and competing in national tournaments. I figured there was a subscription fee for doing this. As it ends up you can setup tournaments locally. I think I will set mine up with a monthly tourney for my friends...$1 for a tourney game (which goes into the pot) and the top 3 scores payout.

The plan on keeping the game on free play for a regular game (with no chance of winning the pot). The bad thing about this is there is no way to actually set up the game to have free play during a regular game, but charge for a tournament play. I guess the tournament play payments will have to me made on the honor system...but at least the game keeps track of the pot, leaders, days left in the tourney and winnings.

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to DugFreez

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sounds a good idea to me

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by kkentert View Post
    awesome!!!
    Wish I could afford a real pinball!
    I agree. I have pachis, vids, darts and assorted toys but I could never rationalize spending so much on a pin. They are awesome for sure... just so much $$$... I had a Firepower Pin but I found that the costs have just begun once you buy it (especially the older ones). There's a bunch of money in the upkeep of these beauties. Well worth it. Congrats and enjoy.

Bob
    Bob's Tiki BarCade: Home to Arcade Machines, Pachis, Collectibles, and a Massive amount of Polynesian Kitsch. All together in one room.....because that's the only place she'll let me keep it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ahhhh thats where i lurnt lukily i was given my first pin as a runner with a few problems you lurn from your first pin how to repair and maintain on a budget so far i have refused to pay more than £500 vash for a pin some had faults (silly ones the owner didnt understand ) some thought there pin was that much of a mess it was beyond resurection (see jurasic park thread) heck that one ad rust and flaking cabinet paint total refurb was all of £35 and the cost of the pin was £180

all in all i suppose im trying ot say if you want a pinball ans see one cheap with problems ask some advice here or on the pinball forums and we can help

only warning is it dose lead to stupid tricks like buying "just one" fresh out of the crate machine just to see what a new one is like im currently saving to pay more for a pinball than i did for my car dont know wich machine or if they will still be manufacturing new pinballs when i have the money but hey the odd £1 here or £5 left at the end of a week there i wil lmake it eventualy

12. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah...I got my Black Spiderman mainly because it was a highly rated pin that could still be found new. I figured getting the limited to 500 Black edition might help it hold it's value better. Stern is the last pinball manufacturer...and I hear they are in finantual trouble...so pins are definatly an endangered species. They are producing a Limited Edition rerelease of Lord of the Rings that should be released soon.

This pin was the second biggest purchase I have ever made. My home is first, then Spiderman Black, then my TV, then my car. I'm a perfect example of different people having different priorities. To me spending more than $10,000 on a car is silly, and most people think paying $6,000 for a pinball machine is crazy. It's all about what your "thing" is.

PS: On a side note, new is not always perfect. I have already found 2 things wrong with my new Spiderman. The tilt is wired incorrectly and doesn't work and I have another wirering / switch problem that is causeing the left return lane switch to quit working when other switches that are on the same matrix row are activated. The good news is that Stern and my dealer say that they will get it fiured out and fixed for me. Another good thing is that the game can still be played and enjoyed while I am waiting to get it fixed.

14. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to DugFreez