Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever bought from Sanko Industries?.......

Thanks
    Thanks Received

At 50 bucks each, it seems tempting. I checked into the exact same company a few eeks back. However, if you figure 50 * 200 machines, that is 10,000 bucks. Then, you have to add the extra shipping, so lets say 4K, so now you are at 14K. Next, you have to clean them, add the transformers, some will not work, etc etc.

After all that, it seemed a big gamble for 14K, and the additional costs for replacing parts and prepping them for sell on ebay.

I thought the better thing would be to go in with a group of folks. But, as human nature dictates, I realized that would not work either.

I decided it was cheaper for me to go a "pallet" route of six as offered by some of the sources listed on this site. At least to start out what type of work was involved.

Best of luck with your choice!
    Gold God - Don Don King - Kung Fu Lady II - New Pulsar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default sanko

If you have room for the machines, great! If not, storage can be expensive. Remember, 24volt games need a transformer and they cost anywhere from $8 to $15 each depending how good of one you want to install. Your cost after everything will be around $70 to $80 each. At that point you are best to buy wholesale, 50 at a time from us in the USA and pay that price or a little more, that way you need to lay out so much money at one time.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hehehe that list sure looks familiar... :wink: Seems like we have been down this road before.

I would love to see you make a go of this and succeed !

Let us know when you have ordered them.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sankoind is a-ok; have ordered from them before. I met with the President of that company when he was here in NY. They will take good care of you.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

People actually havent a clue how much goes into these machines. Its not like you can just ordr 200 of them and sell them. You need tokens, boxes, transformers. You have to know how to ter them apart to clean them, fix them, ship them correctly. Its not somethieng you jsut jump inot by buying 200 of them at a time. Ive been at this over a year now and im still learning stuff about them everyday!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Â… A little ArBy True-ismÂ…
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

now now boys...we all have our dreams. What if Grandview,Stealth and 7 Mile Slots etc never took that chance? Where would we be now :wink:

"The Earth is not flat"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Iowa is flat and I can see the end of the real world. :roll:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default iowa

iowa is just a warmup for nebraska!! real flatlanders live in nebraska.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

:roll:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I doubt any of the above jsut jumped into selling slots for a living. They probalby started out smaller and have grown as the industry has grown. No one in their right mind just orders a container on the wing and starts selling them. Its just not good business sense!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i would definately agree with davis its not as easy as just having them shipped to your door and then selling them for a prorfit theres work that will have to be done to them.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pachislousa,

Where are you located and what is the average wait on the shipment to arrive? How many bad machines do you end up with on average per container?

Davis,

I'm am fully aware of how much will have to go into the machines. I"ve done a little research. I have not decided to make the purchase as of yet. I was just looking for someone who has bought from them before to get a few of my questions answered.

Anyone else,

Can anyone tell me if the machines on the premium list are that great? I've seen other lists online that list some of the premiums on the regular list and vice versa.

Thanks,
    Dan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your right. I purchased wholesale from a variety of importers before even thinking of importing myself. I bought and sold over 800 machines before importing. Over the 2 years of buying and selling I learned my way around the machines, how to prep them and how to repair them as well. Once I was confident enough, I ordered my 1st container, and it wasn't the 20 foot, I went with the 40' high cube. At that point I was living with my parents and they didn't have room for 450 machines. For about 2 years I had multiple storage lockers packed with machines. I didn't really realize how many extra costs and work there was. Between storage costs, time prepping machines, buying transformers, having quality shipping products made to ship machines and much more I probably should have waited a while before importing, but I got through it. After paying tons of money in storage I was able to purchase my own warehouse. Also, I am a very young person, at age 19 I began importing. Now at age 22, I have imported 8 containers so far and will be able to do so much more business now that I have a warehouse and lots of room to work. Good luck if you decide to import, if you know what you are doing with the machines and you have a place to store and work on them you will be fine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

GREAT story, David! Gotta love hearing that capitalism and hard work is paying off for you!!! :smt023

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In talking to a few people in the trade, the junk machine percent runs 8 % to 15 %. Granted you will need spare parts, but after awhile that pile gets pretty big. Stripping DOAs you going to need to invatory the part and to what and where will fit what Manuf.. Need space and bins and software.

Darn it sounds like fun for you young'ins, where was Pachinko and slots 40ty years ago.

http://www.users.qwest.net/~arbycoff.../Cartangry.gifI was eather born to early or too late. Story of my life :cry:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When I was investigating it, it just did not seem to be enough profit involved to make it worth my time. I figured on average the standard ones they send you will go for about 100 - 150 bucks on ebay. So, the base machine was 50 from Japan, then add the time spent cleaning, fixing, and shipping costs, etc.. not to mention that you will not be able to sell all of the ones you get, even the ones that are working.

Maybe I will get my wife into it, she has lots of time on her hands.
    Gold God - Don Don King - Kung Fu Lady II - New Pulsar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I like Dan's (DaStooge's) attitude, too. I hope he does do this thing and then keeps us all informed of his progress with the business. :smt048

Of course, that's real easy for ME to say sitting here at my desk... :smt024

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by delphicoder
    not to mention that you will not be able to sell all of the ones you get, even the ones that are working.
    These are the ones that go in my gameroom :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The best of both worlds, Dan!!!! :lol:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast