Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What floats your boat? Quiz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default What floats your boat? Quiz

Pachislo? Pachinko?

I joined Pachitalk from a long interest in pachinko,
    and almost no awareness of Pachislo.

Now, I appreciate pachislo, and foresee owning them too.

Vote to show where your interest is strongest 8-)
    Pachislo: Bounty Killer, Shadow Hearts 2 Biohazard reserved
    Wishlist: Battle Caesar, Crazy Sword, Dawn of Dreams, Basara 2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Way back when I was a wee lassie, my parents decided that a family trip to Colorado was in order, to go see some friends of theirs. Well, these friends were WAY cool, had a HUUUUGE house, a fullsize jukebox and a wall of pachinko machines that drew my brothers and I like a moth to flame! :smt021 Prior to this we'd had NO experience with these machines, but they were SO cool (and loud and shiny and lit up like it was CHRISTMAS! :smt114 ), that they sent a pachinko home with us when we left. I recall having a BLAST with that machine, at least until that battery we'd had attached died and there was no more lights or music.... :smt022
    That was my introduction to the world of pachinko. And recently I did a search on the game of balls *cough* and wound up stumbling my way to this talk forum, and learning much about another game that has caught MUCH more interest from me...PACHISLO.
    Viva la pachislo! :smt050 (can you tell I'm still waiting on PayPal to clear??)
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

TTL

you don't even have your machine and you are already started on the 12 step program :lol: :lol: :lol:

if you don't get luckycats by the weekend, you may have to go back to 7 mile fair for a fix :lol: :lol: :lol:
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This will have to be a strong showing for Pachislo as most people are not aware yet of what the new pachinkos offer. But as time goes by I have a feeling it will become 50-50.

This will be a good survey to run a year from now also.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Right now i only have 2 pachislos but will be buying either a pachinko or pachislo a month for the next 12 months but there are not many dealers of pachinkos so it make them harder to obtain and the price higher it seems but i definately favor pachislos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had a pachinko as a kid and loved it. That is until I got board with it. Then it went up for sale. When I found the pachislos locally and they were from japan I started looking up info on them and pachinko again. My first pachinko them had to be a vintage. I then got the Armageddon pachinko. It is alright but not as fun as I would like. I like my vintage better but I know that if I find a pachinko that fits me better my enjoyment of pachinko will be better. I also will have to get some type of ball lift system. It is to much hassle without one.Taking away some of the fun from the game. I will have to start treating them like I do for the pachislos. Find the won that fit me better so I have more fun with them and they will then be up their with pachislo for me.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog
    TTL

you don't even have your machine and you are already started on the 12 step program :lol: :lol: :lol:
    if you don't get luckycats by the weekend, you may have to go back to 7 mile fair for a fix :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I wonder if David would allow me to play the machines over the weekend (just show me the keys, I'll be MORE than happy to keep myself amused) to help him draw in a crowd, if I don't get mine....lol...
    Never underestimate the draw of the 12 step program......
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My wife and I have been going to Atlantic City for years. I had always thought that it would be cool to own a slot machine. When I noticed that the local Sam's and Costco where selling them, I decided to research them on the web. Shortly after, I purchased two from ebay,(Thunderbirds and Gamera). But when you research these things you find out that pachislo is really just a side note to Pachinko. The more I found out about Pachinko, the more I had to have one. Since receiving and playing my first one (Apollo 1"13"), I have come to believe that the true joy is in pachinko.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by johntofva
    ..............I have come to believe that the true joy is in pachinko.
    AMEN TO THAT BROTHER !!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

right now its pachislo all the way but this pachinko thing is getting me curious... one day if I get bored with bugging you guys about pachislos then Iwill start all over again and start bugging you guys about pachinkos...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I also started with Am. slot and than found Japan Pachislos, than a transformation took place where the ball was calling me, the voice got louder and louder, mostly at night when it was real still. And when it rained I thought of balls, so to make a long story short.

I bought one, love it, it has become a part of me, than 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, I don't count them anymore, I just get them.

That's why I have fingers out for a Pachinko Parlor ball system used and small. not one of them systems for 100s of machine, just maybe 60 to 80 machines. Than I will set up my own Pachinko Parlor, not for people to come in and use, just for me and a few friends with very clkean hands.

I got the balls 75,000 from Barry, and the 25,000 I already have. That should be enough to run the system.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

arby

you've got a lot of balls :lol:
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yup Ol' Carl kind of forwarned me to buy any extra balls I might need in the future. So I bought what Barry had left. and had them freighted in.
    That poor truck driver. He carry in all the boxes for a fiver. 8-)

Fever Hunter Urban Archaeologist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

First I got a Pachislo, then another and then did some trading with a fellow PachiTalk member for two Pachinko and three more Pachislo Machines. Bought another Pachinko from Texas Auctions scratch and dent sale couple of weeks ago. I've since then sold two of the Pachislos. Wouldn't have done that except @$100 profit per machine was a little hard to turn down!! After all I can always buy more. I put one more Pachislo at my daughters house for them to play because my 6 year old grandson LOVES it. That leaves me with two Pachislo and three Pachinko at home. Pachislos are a lot of fun but the excitement of the Pachinkos is Terrific!! I find myself playing those much more often.
    ALL this has taken place since December 24th, less than 90 days ago. At this rate I'll have to move to a bigger place soon!! I might be addicted.....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We have a 12 step program in place. The only problem with our program is it seems to always lead to more Pachi's! :wink:
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Archaeologist
    First I got a Pachislo, then another and then did some trading with a fellow PachiTalk member for two Pachinko and three more Pachislo Machines. Bought another Pachinko from Texas Auctions scratch and dent sale couple of weeks ago. I might be addicted.....
    Oh so Sorry :wink: I hope the thes you adoped out were to good homes. Were they will be well care for and enjoyed! :grin:

Fever Hunter Urban Archaeologist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Arby, The two I sold was a Club Rodeo that only took real money, quarters. It made me paranoid having it because of the real money situation so I really didn't mind seeing it go too bad. I did hate selling the Automatic though. The guy that bought it is someone I've known for years. He had seen them on ebay before and wanted one. I sold him it and 1,000 tokens for $300, that was his offer, so I couldn't refuse. I did like the automatic a lot.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Archaeologist
    Pachislos are a lot of fun but the excitement of the Pachinkos is Terrific!! I find myself playing those much more often......
    Same here. Used to be visiting friends would come over and immediately hit the Las Vegas Pachislo here and then proceed to SpinLuck on down the line. But now its a mad rush to see who gets to the Fever Arabian Nights Pachinko first and then the vintage Computer Pachinko. The Pachislos are now accumulating dust except for my playing the SpinLuck.
    It's time to do some rearranging and get more Pachinkos !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What floats your boat? Quiz

Bump. Time to get our new members in the vote!

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to slotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What floats your boat? Quiz

I joined Pa-Chi-Talk after purchasing a pachislo at auction, had little knowledge on Pachinko and little interest. Now I have an undying love and obsession for all thing Pachinko
    "betcha can't have just one"

PachiFu "the way of the sphere"

ダン

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast