Thread: Aladdin

Utopia1dc

Default Aladdin

I just got an Aladdin yesterday, and I am quite surprised. It's pretty fun to play. It was originally purchased to give to my nephew, but I like it to much to part with it. Anyway, I can't seem to locate the button to change the odds on it. It is set on 6 right now and for the life of me i don't see that darn button. Also I think I need L-Pads for this puppy... it has 3 settings...loud, louder, and extremely loud. Any help to solve my odds setting problem will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default odds

if there is a led showing odds on the inside of the door like my aladdinII right next to it is a small pad button affixed to the circuit board.

Utopia1dc

It does have the led on the inside door, I will look to see for the button. I'm having the same dilema with my Automatic - I don't even see a volume button on the Automatic.
    Thanx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

check out this link

http://www.pachislousa.com/instructi...structions.htm

on the lower part of the page it has door and inside layout of volume control and odds buttons.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Utopia1dc

Tank-

Thanks, the button was right next to the led on the inside door. That was a wierd spot. I would have never looked there. I also looked inside my Automatic on the inside door - no led there, but there was a button. And so the both are set to where I want them. Now if I could only find the volume control on the Automatic?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

utopia who makes the automatic?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have an Aladdin-A, I was my 1st pachislo and I'm still figuring out many of the nuances of the game. As TANK noted, the odds button button on mine is a little blue button on the inside of the door right next to the LED block that displays to odds setting during a major reset.

As far as volume controls are concerned; The upper speakers are piezo speakers. Don't use an L-pad on them. I used a potentiometers on them for a while, but now I just have a 2.2k ohm resistor spliced into one of the speaker wires on each speaker for a much cleaner look. This make the built in volume control useful again, but I like my machines quite. If you don't want yours quite so quite, get some 1K ohm resistors, or for adjustability get 5k ohm pots and wire them into the speaker wires instead. The bottom speaker is a whole different animal. It's a conventional speaker, and it is LOUD!! An L-Pad is probably the best / easiest way to go here. I've been working on a resistor network, but you need to redirect about 95% of the output of the amp before the volume comes into the home friendly range. Right now, I'm using a 130 ohms in series with the speaker and a 10 ohm 10 watt ceramic power resistor in parallel to absorb the load. This combination has a combined impedance of about 9.3 ohms, which is a little higher than the 8 ohms that the speaker is rated at, but it's a whole bunch closer than a basic pot setup would be.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Utopia1dc

Luckydog-

Unfortunately Aladdin and Automatic aren't listed there. I'll just keep searching for the volume control on the Automatic?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if its anything similar to the beast sapp it is very hard to find, check the beast sapp under the pachislo museum and i should have a link to a pic with the volume switch to the b sapp on it, it might be similar.

Utopia1dc

cwstnsko-

Thanks. I will keep that in mind. The top speakers on the Aladdin don't seem too loud. Hopefully if I do an L-Pad mod on the bottom speaker, it might be good enough. I'll try the bottom first and see what happens.

Utopia1dc

RKnarr01-

I looked at the link, but it doesn't look like that. Thanks the same though.

Is Arby around, you have an Automatic. I need your help to find the volume control.

Thanx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

For the 1st month I owned my Aladdin, I just played with the bottom speaker disconnected. Once I decided that was a bad idea, I tied cotton balls. They did NOTHING to dampen the sound of the Sammy. After that, I brought the bottom speaker under control with a resistor network and a rheostat. Once I had the bottom speaker under control, the top speakers seemed too loud :-? I tried 1k ohm pots, and they helped, but I was all the way at the 1K end of the scale. 10 K pots were next, but they were very hard to adjust since I was using so little of the scale.

After I got some other machines that were easier to control the volume on, I started to appreciate how much more fun it is to play a machine that doesn't require hearing protection :wink:
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Utopia1dc

Tulsa-

Can you work your magic and get Aladdin-A in the museum. :grin:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think I can manage to find that one for you.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.