Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Two Hours

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When reading a post in the lower left corner you can "subscribe" to the post. I do that and get emails when someone has replied to that particular post. Maybe the function is more indepth and you can somehow only view "subscribe" posts.

The problem I see is how are you going to know if you like the post or not if you don't read it. I can't read them all either. Sometimes I will look at the "Subject" and determine whether it deserves my attention right now or not. Sometimes I wait to read it until it becomes a "hot" topic if I don't think I have any interest in it. Especially in the "Lighter Side" category.
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is what I do, that way I get emails on lincs I am reading and check after whats new.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would put a linc, but I know a bunch of members don't have the time, so I copied it for you all.

ON -
    Members should realize that on a free board ALL the time by those working on the board is donated. and maybe members should not be so helpless to the point they want to be spoon feed. We all can use the SEARCH FUNCTION at the top left side in the black bar to get get information we need. It works quite well and you can configure it to show you the post not just the title.

Without the work that David & Tulsa have put in, their would not be this FREE board, and those wanting something in pachi would be spending $2.99 a month and a lot of the members who left their left before this board opened, because of the problems going on their.

So you can't say, Well than this info would be all there, IT would not, I can think of 9 people who would not be there, and their contributions here has been vast.

So we need to be a little more self feeding and not ask to be hand spooned, Allot of the Questions asked on the board, I just use the SEARCH and get the answer and copy and paste it in.

I am not trying to hurt anyone's feeling or belittle anyone, I just don't want to burn out the two MAIN pillars of this board. Also the Moderators logicprobe, arbycoffee, Davis, gwarzin, Bilko44, Lddrizzt all work too and put in alot of their time too!

This is my opinion and not always supported by other, you can ask my wife!
    OFF -
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

we all appericiate everything you guys have done to make this board a success :grin: :grin: :grin:

ROCK ON :lol: :lol: :lol:
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I aint in the top 9 or 10, (I be just the color man ), someone besides Arby got to keep it livley :grin: Us ol single flipper Pachinko guys just keep flippin :smt082 :smt026
    These are my opinions and no body elses and you can't have them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We sure DO appreciate this board. Lots of effort goes into it and it shows in being a great resource for everyone. 8-)

Thanks!!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Kidding aside - I think this place is great and I saved enough so far to buy a Big Mac, umm now for some fries, If it was't for this place Id just be flippin my handle every night ( pachinko) that is. Lordy I cant help myself :smt030 maby to much of this in my younger days :smt079

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you can super size that big mac with what you saved.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know - I was trying not to be greedy :grin: Had enough for 2 pies also 2 for 1.00

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    Now a little known funciton that might make everyone's day a little brighter is the little gold icon to the left of the name of the post, when clicked will take you to the newest post you haven't read in any particular thread.
    How long have I been doing this forum thing???

And I never knew about that!!!

Lordy, that makes things much easier!

I've been hitting the white icon in the last post column.. and backing up to where I remember I didn't read. This shortcut that Tulsa mentions here does exactly what I need to do. It REALLY IS a timesaver!

One thing to realize, though. This forum is growing at a rapid pace. It WILL be impossible for many to keep up on ALL posts. Admins and moderators do their best to honor requests and suggestions. We also try to keep things tidy. Contributors can do THEIR part to keep on topic and not just jump in to be the first to reply (sometimes only to say "I don't know"), or to take one-to-one chat to the areas provided for just that type of thing. (The off-topic color is sometimes distracting, but most times enjoyable, IMHO... it keeps the place "light", and certainly unique, as long as it doesn't get dragged out to an extreme).

Admins and moderators spend hours a day on this project, and even then I personally don't get as much read as I wish I could. But there's that thing called "real life" that we all do, too. When everyone contributes the right way, and positively, it gives us more time to make the place better. AND it gives us more time to play with our pachis. :wink:

I had days of catching up to do when I went away for a week. I finally marked all read (after I did my moderator duties, and looked at titles that interested me the most). If not, I'd still be reading.

So, be of good cheer... and realize this base of messages will be here to search another day, if you can't get to them immediately.
    Learn the functions, grab a fork, and help yourself to the feast!
    And bring a dish to pass! :-)
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2