Thread: howl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default howl

just picked up a neo planetT from pachinko palace today but boy does the unit howl!!!!!!! definately the reel drives. each one has a different sound and drops out as you stop them indvidually. even with the vol turned all the way down it is over powering!! any ideas? or is she headed back tomorrow? thanks:tank

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Yamasa's have reel noise. If that's what your referring to. There's nothing that I know of that you can do about the reel noise. If it's the volume you can put l-pads on it but I found the lowest setting enjoyable enough. I have both the El-vision machines and they're great. You get used to the reel noise easily enough.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i don't notice any more reel noise on my neo magic than any other machine,

there is a different sound which i guess has something to do with the el vision screens.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default howl

this baby is LOUD i just set pwr to reel motors individually and they really make the noise even with all speakers disconnected. it's for sure the drives as putting pressure on the reel chassis at different points changes the freq. of the sound or by putting a little resistance on each reel it does the same.
    i spent 12 years maintaining electronics on fighter jets so i'm pretty sure i can trouble shoot it down.
    sounds like this baby will be headed back in the morn as i can hear this in the can 35 ft away with the door closed(3 girls i have to) and you guys don't have much of a problem so this must be a bad unit.
    thanks for your time.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

are you sure that the reel cage didn't shift during shipping, it may be rubbing on something.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nah thats normal, my Neo used to be really loud, as did the neo magic pulsar. It was loud as hell!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default howl

this baby is bad. loud howl from 1st reel on left. swapped leads with second reel and noise moved to second reel.= bad #1 reel output from stepper motor control board. reels 2-3 are fully acceptable on noise level.will call the shop in morn before bringing her back....hopefully they have another one there. on account they want $600.00 for the DD!!

t8tr

My newly arrived Neo Planett is the same way, 1st reel to the left. I'll keep an eye on this thread. :smt120

Thanks
    Thanks Received

try lubing the stepper motor ?
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default howl

when i swapped reels the sound stayed with the #1 reel output rather than moving with the reel therefore it appears to be the output fron the control board rather than a motor. perhaphs a stray voltage on the brake input? stopped by the shop and eric's mom said she'll have another on monday so i'll swap her out if it checks out. thanks for all the help!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't get your hopes up. They are all this way.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can add another data point to the loud reels case. I just added a couple resistors to each speaker in my Neo Magic Pulsar to get better adjustability in the "home" volume range. Now, when I turn it down below 2, the reels are louder than the game sounds. I do like having adjustabilty though. I was getting annoyed that even set at 1, it was still a little too loud.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default howl

offed it. picked up a fire drift ,the 3-punks love it. note to everyone here: stopped back at shop 45mins later machine was polished and on shelf waiting for next sap. seems this unit has come back before and just put back on shelf(per salesman at booth across hall)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Yamasa Reel Howl

I was looking over my Magic Pulsar and it occurred to me that one of the things that contributes to the reel noise it the fact that the handles are open and they are right next to the stepper motors. There's nothing to block the sound at all, it's just open right to the motors. I wonder if some sound absorbing plugs / covers would help much.

I also found it curious that in the situation that started this thread, the noise traced back to the motor control rather than the motor itself. I haven't tried swapping the wires on mine yet, but if there is something going on with the controller, I wonder if we could make a "filter" that could eliminate whatever signal is causing the noise.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default HOWL

SORRY.. THE PROBLEM WITH MINE WAS THERE WAS 3.7 VDC ON THE BRAKE(REV/STOP) LEAD AT ALL TIMES.THE BOARD APPARENTLY HAD A BAD DIODE,CAP OR SOME COMPONENT THAT WAS BLEEDING VOLTAGE.THERE WAS A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF NOISE FROM THE OTHER TWO MOTORS BUT THE LEFT MOTOR CONTROLLER WAS BAD. I HAVE SEEN 4 OF THESE UNITS(NEO MAGIC/PLANET) UP CLOSE NOW AND WHILE THE DRIVES ARE LOUDER THAN MOST OTHER THEY WERE NO WHERE NEAR AS LOUD AS MINE WAS. IT WAS A PACHINKO PALACE UNIT AND AS SUCH HAD NO HANDLES OR ANY OTHER HOLES IN THE SIDES OF THE CABNET FOR THAT MATTER.