Thread: Newbie-Help IDing Machines and Wiring Help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Newbie-Help IDing Machines and Wiring Help

Hi all. Newbie here. I picked up the Mizuho machine in the pic below at a thrift store for cheap. It is in perfect shape except it is missing the ash tray and the lighting needs to be hooked up. Any ideas where I can get an aysh tray?

The Nishijin machine is the one I grew up with-it was sitting in my parents' garage, so I rescued it with hopes of cleaning it up. It works fine except for the lighting.

I posted two pics of a wiring harness for the Mizuho machine. The green wire has a fuse attached to it, and the yellow and blue are in the same "hole." Any suggestions on how to hook this up so the lighting works? It appears that everything else is intact, it just needs a power source.

Any help IDing the machines would be appreciated too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to ccarbone22

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newbie-Help IDing Machines and Wiring Help

WELCOME!!

I don't know much about vintage pachis, but I'm sure one of the vintage gurus will be along soon with more info!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

I like the green cell faced vintages, unfortunately I'm not very technical, but we do have quite a few members that have restored vintage pachinkos here, so hopefully one will be along to assist with your wiring question etc

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Greetings and welcome!

I've attached a wiring diagram for most vintage machine that have only lights to power. In most machines there are 'push pin' or screw terminals to hook up the power but yours has a plastic connector however I don't think that changes anything.

Your connection has 3 connection points as does the wiring diagram. . The one of the right has two wires connected to it and one of those wires goes directly to a bulb. This follows the diagram for the connection labeled as Positive (+). The only leaves two wires remaining. One of those two will be the negative and one will be the return signal wire for the operator control board. This can easily be deduced by trial and error.

Here's what I suggest. Connect the positive to the one with the two wires. Make sure there are enough balls in the hopper to keep with Hopper Empty switch 'open' (not on). Then connect the negative side of your power source to one of the two remaining connection points. No lights should be lit and if they do, move the the connection to the other point. If lights still come on, check your switches. Now, once you have both the positive and negatives wires attached, manually manipulate the jackpot and hopper empty switch.and observer the lights. If the manipulation of ONE of the switches makes all the lights come on, then move the connection point to a different plug.

These old machines are very simple and the beauty of them is that you really can't mess anything up by hooking them up wrong. Hint, if it sparks when you try to make a connection you've connected both positive and negatives to the grounding circuits. You can determine the voltage requirement by looking at the bulbs that are in the machine. Originally they had 10v bulbs but they may have been changed out by previous owners. You can use a simple 9v battery to test with and/or run permenantly or (my preference) get a 'wall wart' transformer from an old device you threw away to power it. If you don't have the right voltage, Radio Shack sells bulbs that fit the lamp sockets of varying voltages so you can match light to power and replace all the bulbs.

Good luck and I hope this helps!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rusty Key

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to wrkey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That helped a ton! Thanks. I just went and tinkered with the old Nishijin and for the first time ever, the machine I've had all my life works completely. :-) I'll tinker with the Mizuho (the one with the 3-prong adapter) over the weekend.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to ccarbone22

Thanks
    Thanks Received

welcome to the Show
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome!!

I hope you get them both working well
    --