Thread: Star Wars Pinball

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Star Wars Pinball

I just won my 3rd and final (?) pinball machine on ebay.

STAR WARS PINBALL - eBay (item 320373337864 end time May-23-09 1647 PDT)

Hopefully, it will look a little better in person as the back has its share of nicks and scratches. Maybe some touch-up paint will do the trick.

This is the first pinball machine that I've won that will be shipped to me. Does everyone recommend North American Van Lines? I wonder if they help pack and/or unpack the machine too?

I'll post some pictures after it arrives!!

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to mark1120

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Star Wars Pinball

nice machine. that looks like fun. i've had machines shipped to me in the past. but by regular freight trucks. i am sure north american would take good care of the machine. and if you give the driver a 10 spot i am sure he would help ya move it.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to djcasper_bpm

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i have used navl for a couple of pins i purchased from ebay.they seem to be a little more expensive than regular truck freight,but they do not require palleting or other packaging ,something you would usually have to pay the seller extra for,so it kind of evens out in the end..they wrap it with a padded blanket so it does not get damaged.they ship fast and damage free,and the driver will deliver right to your doorstep ,and maybe even inside your house.

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pinball wizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Congrats on the new Pinball!!

A bit of touch up painting isn't too much hassle to do, and makes a lot of difference to the overall look

The main thing is the game play / fun factor, and it certainly looks to be FUN!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

8. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post
    Congrats on the new Pinball!!

A bit of touch up painting isn't too much hassle to do, and makes a lot of difference to the overall look

The main thing is the game play / fun factor, and it certainly looks to be FUN!!

My Star Wars pinball finally arrived today. It looks like it survived the journey from California, but I will need to spend some more time going through it, like finding the controls to bump up the volume, etc.

The back of the machine is a little rough. When you touch up a pinball machine, do you try to find a close match using color swatches from Home Depot...or is there a website that sells game specific touch-up paint or does it provide the color combinations necessary?

One of the attached pictures is the very back of the playfield. Although difficult to tell in the pictures, the back on mine is in two pieces. I wasn't sure if that should be one solid piece across or not. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to mark1120

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

when i did jurasic park and bride the cabs were battered the main couler was black and i used a vinal silk to get the same effect on it not gloss or matt and then mached the couler for the graphics i used acrilyics and mixed the coulers my self through trial and error best way to get the cab couler is to buy a pot of white vinal ilk and then a tester pot of blue and mix it yourself that way you get an exact mach
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

12. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mark1120 View Post
    The back of the machine is a little rough. When you touch up a pinball machine, do you try to find a close match using color swatches from Home Depot...or is there a website that sells game specific touch-up paint or does it provide the color combinations necessary?
    We have a few different craft stores around here and they have acrylic paints in a ton of different colors. I have yet to find a color that was not on the shelf.

If I have to do playfield touch ups I use a acrylic clear after I have put down the color, seems to hold up very well.
    Rocky, King Camel, Terminator, Popeye, Sindbad Adventure, Super Blackjack, Babel, Death Valley ---- Pinball Machines: Star Trek TNG, Black Knight 2000, Theatre of Magic, Mystery Castle, Starship Troopers, SlugFast, Firepower, Baywatch, Checkpoint, Grand Prix

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to fast toys

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Star Wars Pinball

I'm lucky in that I've only had to touch-up the paintwork in the black areas of the cabinets on my Pinballs, for which I used a satin black colour,

but from what I have been reading on the subject, playfield paint touch-up is quite a common task, I would think the main concern would be protecting the new paint from chipping etc and maybe a clear coat overtop as Fast Toys suggests or even some Mylar protective covering if it's in an area that is prone to wear anyway

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does anyone know where I might be able to pick up a yellow plastic target for the Star Wars death star opening? Mine doesn't have one. I sent an email to Marco Specialties a few days ago but haven't heard back from them. I also tried Bay Area Amusements without any luck.

Also, the right speaker on my Star Trek Next Generation pinball machine is no longer producing any sound. A local repairman says I need a new "upper tweeter speaker". If I buy this on-line, I want to make sure I'm buying the right one. Bay Area Amusements sent me a link to all of their speakers rather than the specific one that I need.

Thanks.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to mark1120

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The upper right speaker part number for the STTNG is 5555-12856-00 (I have just checked my manual) and seems quite easy to get hold of across there in the states.

Here is a link to a site I found that has them listed, but no prices quoted. I have checked the ratings against those in the manual and they are the same.

ProSource Group | Speakers

Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

19. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does anyone know where I might be able to pick up a yellow plastic target for the Star Wars death star opening? Mine doesn't have one. I sent an email to Marco Specialties a few days ago but haven't heard back from them. I also tried Bay Area Amusements without any luck.

Also, the right speaker on my Star Trek Next Generation pinball machine is no longer producing any sound. A local repairman says I need a new "upper tweeter speaker". If I buy this on-line, I want to make sure I'm buying the right one. Bay Area Amusements sent me a link to all of their speakers rather than the specific one that I need.

Thanks.
    I have a few spare speakers for pinball and I have 3 of the tweeters you are looking for. Just pay for shipping and it is yours.

I upgraded all my speakers in my machines, big difference!!!

If you want to go that route I can let you know which ones and sizes that I used.
    Rocky, King Camel, Terminator, Popeye, Sindbad Adventure, Super Blackjack, Babel, Death Valley ---- Pinball Machines: Star Trek TNG, Black Knight 2000, Theatre of Magic, Mystery Castle, Starship Troopers, SlugFast, Firepower, Baywatch, Checkpoint, Grand Prix

21. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to fast toys

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does anyone know where I might be able to pick up a yellow plastic target for the Star Wars death star opening? Mine doesn't have one. I sent an email to Marco Specialties a few days ago but haven't heard back from them. I also tried Bay Area Amusements without any luck..
    I found this piece on line. It looks to be generic rather than game specific. Think it will do the trick for my Star Wars??? Maybe I can remove the yellow target from their piece and attach it to the piece sticking in my death star opening.

Switch Target Yellow 1x1 1/2 Inch Rect 515-6027-06 - Buy Now!