Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hanemono Machines

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Hanemono Machines

Hi everybody!

For the past month and a half it's been a ritual to drive the missus to work early Saturday morning, then take a long drive to pick up whatever pachi I've made arrangements to get that weekend. This weekend will bring a Magic Carpet II (why it's called that when the cell says "Flying Carpet" is beyond me). I'm REALLY psyched to get it because it will be my 2nd hanemono machine, and I love my other one (1997 Nishijin Pachinko Awards).

I don't see them mentioned very often, so I was wondering: how many of you own hanemono machines? Are there any that are "must-own" machines out there?
    12 Vintage Pachis - Super Soccer Stadium - Saint Maria - Pink Panther - Nishijin Pachinko Awards - Sammy Fruit Field - Magic Carpet - Flying Carpet - Mr. Fall - Dokanjima. Hanemono fan, musician, DJ, daydreamer...

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Hope Chest

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hanemono Machines

I have one and it's an original Poochi. You can see it in my albums. This machine doesn't get played as often as it's a little too loose and I don't have a ball lifter or a 'oversived' hopper to keep up with it.

I am in the process of clearing out a section of my garage for a game room and once I move my machines there I'll try to remedy the ball problem.

It is fun but they take a lot of balls to play!
    Rusty Key

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to wrkey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's the only problem I have with moderns in general - get a fever mode going without a ball hopper or lifter and you're done. I'm building a pachi corner in my band's studio with a ball lift system to alleviate this.

I think I like the play of a hanemono a bit better than regular modern pachis. I like the "ball placement skill objective" of it more than the "get the ball in the main pocket and hope for the best" randomness. The visuals on moderns are amazing - my Popeye, Pink Panther, and Saint Maria are even fun to just watch someone else play - but I really dig the interactive centrepieces from the 90s machines, like my little parlor guy. That Pochi looks great!

I'm really curious to see a current, modern hanemono. I'd definitely buy more hanemono machines but they seem as rare as hen's teeth, comparatively speaking.
    12 Vintage Pachis - Super Soccer Stadium - Saint Maria - Pink Panther - Nishijin Pachinko Awards - Sammy Fruit Field - Magic Carpet - Flying Carpet - Mr. Fall - Dokanjima. Hanemono fan, musician, DJ, daydreamer...

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

SWEET! Thanks for that.

Aqua Paradise looks gorgeous! I take it the recent hanemonos all have a video display as well? I've not seen one in person yet.

WHAT I WOULD GIVE FOR HIT PARADE!!! Being in a band with all of my machines in the band's studio, I absolutely must own that machine. Oh yes, MUST OWN.

Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think Hanemono is a misnomer. Mono means "one" and you just can't stop with just owning one of these. Perhaps Mono implies being "one" with the machine in which case I would have to agree.

I greatly enjoy this type of game for a change in gameplay and the following list proves that I couldn't stop with just one.

Heiwa
    - Big Shooter K
    - Double Wing K

Kyoraku
    - Ultra Seven W1

Sankyo
    - Aqua Paradise DX
    - King Star GP
    - New Road Construction DX

From this list, the two Heiwa games are the only ones without an LCD screen.
    Last edited by dishpan; 05-13-2009 at 06:39 PM.
    If you haven't grown up by age 50 ... you don't have to!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just to clarify, "hane" means "wing" and "mono" means "type", so hanemono is "wing type." Another very rare pachinko is a kenrimono, or "rights type"—where the player accumulates more rights to better payouts for jackpots by getting balls in pockets in the correct sequences.

I've got two hanemono pachinkos: a Kyoraku Spaceship from the 70s and a Maruhon Super Fine Baseball from the 90s. Of the two, I like the Kyoraku the best because it's so beautiful and simple, but the Maruhon is a much more kinetic machine with a magnetic roller that carries balls back to the oscillating V slot. Check my album for pics.
    “It’s never too late to have a happy childhood.”

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Magic Carpet 2 is definitely one of my favorites in the hanemono series of games (modern), but there are so many others...

As mentioned above: Ultra Seven which is pretty basic drop into hole.

A trucker themed video hanemono with two winning spots on two different wheels.

One based on the singing group Morning Masamune a magnetic drum based machine with two routes...

And for the more classic Japan era... this one.
    Currently Own: Nothing. I play mostly online now.

12. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Sederien

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have the Hane Ultraseven Pachinko - It is VERY Fun

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree with you Hope. I also have a Pachinko Awards Hane and love it. I have a small problem with the payout, but I figure a little more cleaning time and all will be well. I like the skill involved and think that they are more exciting than the spray and pray machines. I do like some of the themes though on the moderns...

15. The following user says "Thanks" to BananaSlug

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Got Flying Carpet II this weekend. What a great machine! The owner had gotten it broken and fixed it, it was SUPER clean, and played like a charm. Came in a Sankyo Stellar frame and the volume control works great. It looks cool in the game room next to my Sammy Fruit Field machine with the same frame, only downside is that it isn't a CR machine but oh well. The previous owner even gave me extra balls for driving so far. He's more of a vintage fan than modern, so I got the machine because he wanted to get rid.

The missus came down to the game room and immediately said, "Oh, how cool that looks! AND IT'S A HANEMONO!!! YAY!!!" Then she started in again on how she wants a machine where a girl gets naked...I definitely married the right woman.

17. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Hope Chest

Thanks
    Thanks Received

she sounds as cool as Kat.

If only I could convince Kat to marry me

"Kat, will you marry me?"

MeKat

KatMe

"no Hankie, perhaps someday"
    the

LLTR

19. The following user says "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

why spoil a good thing Owen
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have Magical Carpet and Big Shooter for sale if you're interested. I believe they are both Hanemono. I would let them go for $100 each for local pick-up.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    why spoil a good thing Owen

You do have a point...

I just spotted I have a new title "ensign Newton"

Kat was "Lieutenant Bammel" for ufo fest. It sucks, I am 10 years older than her and she outranks me. Here is a pic of one of the "wardrobe malfunctions" when she was making her uniform.

I never got a pic when she had it on after completing it, about 50 other people took pics but nobody I know
    Attached Images Attached Images
    the

LLTR

23. The following user says "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a New Road Construction (Sankyo) and a Kamen Rider (Kyoraku). Both are fun machines. Hard to beat though!

Jerry
    PACHINKO, THE #1 DRUG!

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by owennewton View Post
    You do have a point...

I just spotted I have a new title "ensign Newton"

Kat was "Lieutenant Bammel" for ufo fest. It sucks, I am 10 years older than her and she outranks me. Here is a pic of one of the "wardrobe malfunctions" when she was making her uniform.

I never got a pic when she had it on after completing it, about 50 other people took pics but nobody I know

Ensign Newton , Fig Mine is Cmdr Rageim of S.T. I.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by portercbl View Post
    I have a New Road Construction (Sankyo) and a Kamen Rider (Kyoraku). Both are fun machines. Hard to beat though!

Jerry
    I know what you mean. I played 5 of my 6 moderns for about 4 hours last night and the hanemonos were the hardest to fever, but were also the most satisfying once I did. Both also have that mid-90s analog beeping music that I find incredibly charming.

If anyone comes across a really modern hanemono please let me know!

PM sent, MrGoodBurn!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I loooooove my Daido Tako! I prefer it over my Modern Popeye ANYday!

Pics HERE

Later,

Matt!

28. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Matt79

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, that Tako is crazy looking! What in the world is going on in the pic on the cell? I see octopi and it looks like he's holding some sort of chocolate-covered pastry ball.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast