Thread: Using a picax an autocredit!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Using a picax an autocredit!

Hi,

I have been thinking of doing this for a while.
    Basically, I bought a picaxe I-button kit.

It works that, there is a sensor, and you have a fob. When they meet, it connects. Obviously, you can only allow certain serial numbers (each one is unique) to work. So you could use if for an entry/exit scheme. You can even save data on to some of them. It's very much like an RF tag.

I have some experience using a Picaxe chip, and I have everything at home to do it.

Simplicity is the key thing. I have already mounted the reciever on my machine (through one of those holes that used to have a button on). When the fob connects, it has an output that can be turned on or off.

I intend to use this to drive another Pic (incase it won't fit on the one on the board, which is only an 8. I just want it to credit 53 to my Speed Racer machine. Straight away, i want it then to press the cash out button.

The aim of this is to allow it to pay out lots of tokens, which can then be used on the other 5 machines!.

It would save me continually opening up the machine for more tokens, and the cost of 6 autocredits.

I want to use picaxe because it is easy for me to do at home. I don't have an EPROM burner or anything like that, just a computer.

I know the credit signals (there are two), both go in sucession. Does anyone know what voltage drives these? Or do i need to get a multimeter out.

I do have a 12v DC suppy and relay (+diodes!), to be used if necessary.

Thank you for your help.

(NB I did look around for info, but couldn;t find much.
    Last edited by pandaweaver; 05-13-2009 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Using a picax an autocredit!

Look at this page on my website: Credit-Add Model Selection
    Most machines have credit wires that are high and need to be pulled low, but some are opposite. Voltage can be 5V, 12V or 24V depending on machine.
    autoslot

3. The following user says "Thanks" to autoslot