Thread: The trip home.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post The trip home.

So, I ventured onto my vacation the second weekend of April and was slated for 2 weeks of time off ... The trip ended sooner than I would have liked cause of friction between me and my friend's (now) live-in girlfriend, and the fact that he and she are now unfortunately Siamesed at the hip.

I went to visit him and she's there every step of the way. She can't shoot skeet due to back problems, but came along with us anyhow.

Regardless, the trip ended a week short and I left the house in the wee hours of the morning after a dispute ... Yeah, I'd been drinking and I hadn't had a drink in 3 plus hours, but I shouldn't have left. I was angry and I did, though.

Getting tired on the road, I sought out a darkened parking lot to sleep the remainder of the night away.

This was on the fringes of Nashville and apparently the wrong parking lot ... The group that attempted to rob the store I was parked out back of, after setting off the alarms, attempted to carjack me, and my 5 newly acquired Pachinko machines and the single Pachislo machine.

The fact that I am still alive is testament to a) my Country of origin and b) my persuasive abilities when I am hammered.

I played every single card in a Euchre deck to trump ... And I won.

Space here at the house is at a premium, so I have been unable to set up more than one Pachinko at a time ... I spent a few days playing my Heiwa, the first manual shooter I bought, but it's only hitting half the play field and the left hand side doesn't see a lot of traffic. Too soft a flick and the balls can't make the half-loop, too hard and it's all Right Hand Side.

The Toyomaru purchased from Scott (sharmoni) is far and away my favourite to play, when I get that Hanemono to fever it's usually fatal to the Jackpot Hopper. I really need to start working on my planned 4 Pachinko table.

I also have 2 Nishijin classic, flip handle machines ... One is in good shape and the other is ... a project.

The final machine is a Maruhon ... It's the Pachinko stage that comes after the Toyomaru, but before full video slot features ... It has 3 small single digit/letter LEDs that spin and never seem to pay off.

The last purchase Pachislo is a Challenge Man (mechanical spinners, not video) and I can set it to pay out at setting 3 for fairly rarely or 4 for fairly regularily, but there's not a 3.5 setting to make it a true Challenge.

All in all, I'm still breathing. I'm happy for that. Although, it's just more time I have left on the planet to pay back my debt ... Whee.

I've had enough trials in my life, it's time for something easy to come along. *sigh*
    "Hell, I've got the greatest job in the world. If I can't shoot it, drive it or fly it ..." *shrug* "I can blow it up." - R. Lee Ermey referring to Mail Call on the History Channel.

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Tarnish

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: The trip home.

wow I'm glad your alive and well

4. The following user says "Thanks" to beachcat

Thanks
    Thanks Received

An exciting story, I am glad everything turned out ok.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to johntofva

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tell me more about the Nashville attempted-jacking...I grew up in Nashville, and like most of the rest of the country, it has seen better days. You indicated "fringe" of the town...where were you? North/South/East or West? How did you talk your way out of the pickle?

Inquiring minds must know.
    I'm not addicted to Pachinkos. I can quit at any time. Did I tell you about the three machines that I have on the way?

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Bigdog

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

If your ever traveling again and need to sleep in the car, find a major truck stop (Flying J, Petro, TA, etc...) and park near the restaurant/convenience store, they're always open 24hrs, have security. Plus you've got bathrooms, a shower (for a price) and a place to eat when you wake up

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

10. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Glad you made it home safe.

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    If your ever traveling again and need to sleep in the car, find a major truck stop (Flying J, Petro, TA, etc...) and park near the restaurant/convenience store, they're always open 24hrs, have security. Plus you've got bathrooms, a shower (for a price) and a place to eat when you wake up
    Very good advice to keep in mind.
    Machines I own: ...see my profile

12. The following user says "Thanks" to outdoorenth

Thanks
    Thanks Received

South side of Nashville, coming up I-65 and there were numerous things said that just shouldn't be repeated in a public forum ...

I used epithets. But, the fact that my IQ is around 138 also helps me out a lot, even when inebriated.

PM me if you wanna know more, but it's a pretty long story.
    "Hell, I've got the greatest job in the world. If I can't shoot it, drive it or fly it ..." *shrug* "I can blow it up." - R. Lee Ermey referring to Mail Call on the History Channel.