Thread: Need help with electrical

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Need help with electrical

My Patchinko Machine is 1977 Nishijin type A with electrical anyone who has one please contact me

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need help with electrical

I've been trying to assist CX. Look at his photo album for pictures of his machine including the back.

It appears that his machine has solinoids that drive some the tulips and it has a factory semi-cyclical set up.

I think Eddie has / had a machine with this type of set up. Mostly I think what he needs is a voltage confirmation on the transformer and the correct wiring to hook up the transformer (which he has) to the machine.

CX, could you take a photo of the transformer and post it. If there is writing on it, make sure that's in the photo as well.
    Rusty Key

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!

There a a lot of people here that can help you - I'm sure Compirate, Hanabi. Wrkey and Mudfud will be long shortly to help with Identification. I'm not good at identification... only modification. After a few more posts the posting "approval" check will go away and you will have access to the machine archive.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i would bet the farm it needs a 24 volt transformer and at the minimum a 2 amp

i have been working on my first Arepachi and the prelim rusults are that the solonoids are drawing more then the 2 amps my curent transformers provide.. the guy helping me recomended a larger transformer.. so with some help from this awesome site i was able to locate a great price on a 24volt 4 amp transformer..

every thing i have seen and or read about in this site is 24 volt... it seems the amp rating is where the problems and the debats start and end.. the problem is finding someone to test the draws.. my guy used a silascope.. I might have the name wrong.. he is perty sure the 2 amp transformers are to small... every one tells me u cant have to many amps cause the device (solonoide) will only draw what amps it neads..

any hoo dont know if this helps to much and to be honest i have not seen a machine like your before (two huge thumbs up)

best of luck and hang in there

if your at a total loss ill take her off your hands

ya ya i know
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

this looks to be similar in vintage to the powerflash. if it came with the same transformer, then there are two voltage outputs from it, 10 vac and 24 vac. the 24 being the solenoid voltage.

very interesting machine. looks like a nishijin A on steroids. are you sure that shock didn't get a hold of this machine?

do the tulips do anything special? odd that they are activated by the solenoids... maybe they all open when you hit the center pocket or something?

if it is the same transformer that I have, one side had 2 wires for 110 in, the other has 4 wires, paired, for the 2 output taps. I have a pic of mine somewhere, if you need it for reference.

please post more about this machine when you get it working.

seems there is always another interesting machine out there... keeps me searching... fun for me, not for the wife
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing