Thread: Vintage Sanyo Ninjas / Martial Arts

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Vintage Sanyo Ninjas / Martial Arts

This Sanyo is a really great player. The jackpot centrepiece is Crouching Tiger-esque, with a fighting girl who jumps over a ninja when the jackpot hits. The lights don't work but will soon; everything else is fine. A nice little feature for me is that the payout is split between the play tray and the bottom tray, keeping some set aside yet keeping the play tray going (which is what I do on my other machines whilst playing anyway).

I'm thinking of using this particular machine for my first experiment in cabinet creation and mounting down in my band's studio, unless one of the couple I'm getting in the next week or so takes its place.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    12 Vintage Pachis - Super Soccer Stadium - Saint Maria - Pink Panther - Nishijin Pachinko Awards - Sammy Fruit Field - Magic Carpet - Flying Carpet - Mr. Fall - Dokanjima. Hanemono fan, musician, DJ, daydreamer...

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Hope Chest

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Vintage Sanyo Ninjas / Martial Arts

I've got that same machine. Actually it's the first one I bought and is what started me on collecting these things. Mine doesn't pay out half and half like yours does-that's a cool feature. Enjoy it.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it seems to be that most machines pay all to the top unless the top tray is full.. then a diverter pushes the balls to the bottum.. if someone has been inside the machine in the past that diverter gets shifted to split the ball half and half... u can take the machine apart and switch it back or leave it as is...

just an fyi
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    it seems to be that most machines pay all to the top unless the top tray is full.. then a diverter pushes the balls to the bottum.. if someone has been inside the machine in the past that diverter gets shifted to split the ball half and half... u can take the machine apart and switch it back or leave it as is...

just an fyi
    VERY cool to know!! Where is said diverter located? At the end of the day I'll prolly leave it as-is, but it would be great to know where it is.
    12 Vintage Pachis - Super Soccer Stadium - Saint Maria - Pink Panther - Nishijin Pachinko Awards - Sammy Fruit Field - Magic Carpet - Flying Carpet - Mr. Fall - Dokanjima. Hanemono fan, musician, DJ, daydreamer...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the diverter would be located in the lower section.. its instaled so when the upper tray is so over filled will balls it would then come into play to divert the balls from the upper tray 100% to the lower tray.. if u look in the back it should be above the upper tray just a bit.. u would not want the balls to back up so bad as to interfear with the jackpot or the bell.. I gues what imsaying is its location will be slightly different depending on style of machine..

there is a post that talkes about this piece its location and how to reinstall it correctly...

Little help hear... anyone???
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Hope! Have you looked on CL lately? Its a buyers market in our neighborhood.

There are a couple machines for $25 to $35, and a single shot on ebay for under $20 right now.

I am trying to be good... but its getting tougher every day!

10. The following user says "Thanks" to johnnynormal510

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hey mopar, here's the link. it was one of my posts

sanyo comet II empties to bottom tray?

johnny - it's a darn good thing that i'm in salinas, working working working, or i'd be out looking at machines with you. besides, I still have at least 8 machines to clean up...

too bad I have a night job. i'll be trying to exhale, too, with the piggy flu threats.
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No kidding...I cannae believe how many are coming up lately! I just picked one up last night for $25. A Nishijin with dolphin playfield & jackpot pieces, and colored fish screened on the cel. Doesn't work so I'm gonna mess with it tonight.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks to Pachi_Sloter I now know the true story behind this machine. It is a scene I have pasted the story below:

In the 12century, the late Heian period in Japan, the Taira family was at the height of its prosperity while their opponent the Minamoto family had almost perished. You can see what was happening on one of the bridges in Kyoto, the capital at that time.

Nobody but a big monk is on the Gojyo Bridge with a Naginata, or Japanese halberd(one of Japanese arms which has a wide sword on top of the long shaft), under his arm, standing firm with his feet a little apart. The moon is very beautiful, and it is shining on the bridge of Gojyo. Look, someone is coming toward the monk playing the flute. How beautiful the sounds are! But you can't see the player's face clearly because he wears a sheer silk kimono over his head. He has a sword on his waist, which looks precious. The monk notices the player's beautiful sword. He yells out at the person playing the flute.
    "I'm determined to get one thousand swords. I already gathered 999 of them in my inventory. One more sword and my collection will be perfect." But the man is still playing the flute calmly and just about passing by the monk.
    "Hey, wait a minute. As I said I'm gathering one thousand swords. One more sword and my collection will be perfect. You have a good sword on your waist. If you give it to me immediately, I won't hurt you. You can go away as you like."
    The person stops playing the flute, and takes off the kimono from his head. Look! What a noble and clear-cut features he has! With a calm, composed voice, he says, "You've gathered nine hundred ninety-nine swords, right? But what you are doing is nothing but mugging."
    The monk shouts loudly, "Shut up! If you don't want to give it to me, I'll take it from you by force. It's going to be mine any minute."
    The young man who doesn't appear to be afraid of the monk, says, "Take it, if you can."
    Then the monk raises his halberd over his head to threaten the young man. In most cases, his victims are scared of him, leave their swords, and run away. But the young man isn't. He dodges the attack nimbly. The monk's halberd slices nothing but air. He looks a little bit upset, and tries to do one more attack, but---he loses sight of the young man.
    "Where on earth is the boy hiding?"he shouts.
    "Here I am, Monk." The voice is from behind.
    "None of your impudence!" The monk's face turns red with anger. He tries again. This time the young man jumps lightly like a bird and stands on the railing of the bridge (NOTE: THIS IS THE SCENE DEPICTED IN THE PACHI'S JACKPOT PIECE'S MOVEMENT). When he jumps, he knocks the monk's halberd down with his flute. The monk is panicked and tries to pick it up, but before he does, the young man jumps down on the halberd.
    "Now you know you can't get my sword easily,"the young man says to his opponent.
    "You win, I give up. Now I understand you must be famous in this field. Please tell me your name. I ought to have said first that I am a warrior monk called Benkei," he accepts his defeat gracefully, "I'll be your loyal retainer from now on."
    The young man says, "My name is Ushiwaka. My father Minamoto-no-Yo****omo was the head of the Minamoto family, but he was killed by the Taira family during the Heiji disturbance. Some day I should beat the Taira family completely. So I do need some loyal retainers. You can be the first of my own."

This is an episode showing how Ushiwaka met his loyal retainer Benkei for the first time. Later Ushiwaka was called Minamoto-no-Kuro-Hangan-Yo****sune (1159-1189). He reunited with his brother Yoritomo soon after the battle of Fujigawa against Taira. They swore to avenge their father's death on the Taira family. Benkei was said to be a man of extraordinary cunning, strength and martial skill. He accompanied Yo****sune through all the campaigns of the Taira-Minamoto war (1180-1185).
    Yo****sune devoted himself to defeat the Taira family. When his duty was completed to wipe out their rival family at Dan-no-Ura, he expected to have his brother Yoritomo thank him for his long and hard service. But the suspicious brother Yoritomo wasn't pleased to meet his younger brother returning in triumphant. Yoritomo, who opened Japan's first warrior government, Kamakura Shogunate, refused his own brother entry to Kamakura. The younger brother was very aggrieved and wrote a letter to his brother asking for his forgiveness. But finally he felt his brother's deep hostility. He sought the protection of Oshu Fujiwara family in Hiraizumi, as the head of the Fujiwara family had once sheltered Yo****sune when he was young. But after the head's death, under pressure from Yoritomo, his son forced Yo****sune to commit suicide.

You'll be surprised that Yo****sune is still one of the popular historical heroes among Japanese people. He has been immortalized as a tragic hero. Even after he was said to have died, stories that he was alive in Ezo (now in Hokkaido) or Mongolia circulated, and some legends said that Genghis Khan and a tragic hero Yo****sune were the same person.

15. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Hope Chest