Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Vintage Nishijins

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My Vintage Nishijins

I got my first vintage (and operational!) pachi from johnnynormal510 via craigslist. It's a Nishijin A model with a recycler tray, and is far and away the best player in the house. I've since gotten more colorful, eye-catching machines but this one will always be a favorite.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    12 Vintage Pachis - Super Soccer Stadium - Saint Maria - Pink Panther - Nishijin Pachinko Awards - Sammy Fruit Field - Magic Carpet - Flying Carpet - Mr. Fall - Dokanjima. Hanemono fan, musician, DJ, daydreamer...

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to Hope Chest

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My Vintage Nishijins

The 2nd vintage was this Nishijin UFO. It's gorgeous and in perfect playing condition. The ball shooter is the smoothest that I own. The small UFOs to the sides of the jackpot centrepiece can trigger the UFO to open, as does a ball down the middle. The orange UFOs on the cel have individual lights behind them - as you "hit" the jackpot or smaller UFOs the light behind them will come on. Once you "hit" 4 times the lights at the centre start flashing; another hit closes the UFO and stops the lights. It's tougher than most, as hits through the small UFOs take the jackpot centrepiece through its steps but don't pay out. Still, it's a great looker and a lot of fun. Note the ultra-rare, highly-sought-after Puma shoebox ball tray.
    12 Vintage Pachis - Super Soccer Stadium - Saint Maria - Pink Panther - Nishijin Pachinko Awards - Sammy Fruit Field - Magic Carpet - Flying Carpet - Mr. Fall - Dokanjima. Hanemono fan, musician, DJ, daydreamer...

4. The following 14 users say "Thanks" to Hope Chest

Thanks
    Thanks Received

can u open up the back of that machine and take a few pictures???

it looks to have a solonoid hiden in there

if u have never opened it there are 2 wing nuts on the left side and two little latches bottom center around the payout chute
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That UFO one IS gorgeous!!

Love the theme, love the colours, love the sound of the gameplay...

I'm jealous!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

8. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your UFO machine is a great find. The playing field is very pristine and the colors are very vivid. There is no ghosting or any signs of wear. Over all the entire machine looks beautiful and in near mint shape. It must have come from a very caring and loving home. From the ball tray design on the front I would guess that it was made around 1976 but I've never seen a mid 70's Nishijin machine with those kinds of electronics on them, excluding maybe the Power Flash.
    Last edited by chmer01; 04-28-2009 at 02:30 AM.
    Eric C.
    CRアクアパラダイスGP CRラッセンワールドMJ

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to chmer01

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey! Thats me!

That UFO is great, but I love the modern Nishijin that you have also!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    can u open up the back of that machine and take a few pictures???

it looks to have a solonoid hiden in there

if u have never opened it there are 2 wing nuts on the left side and two little latches bottom center around the payout chute
    Will do tonight for sure. I do believe there is a solonoid in there. When he came over, johnnynormal510 soldered a transformer wire on it for me and mentioned he hadn't seen one like it before. I had to clear a piece of old tape out of the back of the jackpot piece cos it was blocking the payout flow and noticed it all. It's got some serious electronics to it, which I'll capture up close and personal.

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Hope Chest

Thanks
    Thanks Received

im at work right now (so i cant post pics of mine) but if u look threw my albums i have a "circuit Racer" machine that has the solonid in it

thay seem kinda rare

looking forward to pictures
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello,

That Nishijin UFO looks to be a great machine. I'm jealous! In your next posting of images can you please include a closer shot of the circuit board towards the upper left (if facing the back of the machine) just below the jackpot hopper - I think it's an analog flasher circuit. I would like to try to copy it for those who are interested in a "Vintage" or replacement of original flasher for older machines. My mods are a little over the top on my machines and require heavy modification and loads of new digital electronics - But documenting this circuit may be of benefit to others that just want a little extra and a match to vintage voltages and 70's era electronics.

Thank you,

16. The following user says "Thanks" to ShockSystem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ShockSystem View Post
    Hello,

That Nishijin UFO looks to be a great machine. I'm jealous! In your next posting of images can you please include a closer shot of the circuit board towards the upper left (if facing the back of the machine) just below the jackpot hopper - I think it's an analog flasher circuit. I would like to try to copy it for those who are interested in a "Vintage" or replacement of original flasher for older machines. My mods are a little over the top on my machines and require heavy modification and loads of new digital electronics - But documenting this circuit may be of benefit to others that just want a little extra and a match to vintage voltages and 70's era electronics.

Thank you,
    Absolutely no problem, mate. I'll get good pix of that as well. I'm beyond a novice when it comes to electronics, but it looks analog as all hell to me - kinda like if you ever opened up a transistor radio as a kid...

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Hope Chest

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are the pics of the jackpot mechanism and the best ones I could get of the circuit board (my camera doesn't focus very well up close).

One thing I've noticed: I've only physically seen 3 cels with a bright blue background like this UFO of mine, and all of them had the best looking & condition cels I've seen. When you look at mine up close, you can see it's quite shiny and almost seems like it's got more coating than your normal white ones. Has anyone else noticed this? I wonder if, due to the color/coloring process, the cel material is sturdier than the white ones.

20. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Hope Chest

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is such cool stuff!

I am SOOOO jealous!
    Rusty Key

22. The following user says "Thanks" to wrkey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Picked this one up for $25 near home. "A parts machine, doesn't work" said the craigslist ad...well, that had a lot to do with the fact that someone had burned a candle on top of it and the wax had run through the ball tray and the feeder line, though there definitely was something amiss.

Spent about 30 minutes with it and it works like a dream - my first-ever attempt at troubleshooting a machine and I did it! Was well pleased with myself, even the missus was impressed, though I couldn't really say with any certainty that I knew what the hell I was doing. Beginner's luck, really!

2nd pic is one of our cats, Bijou, giving the pachi its initial QC inspection.

24. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Hope Chest

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Re: My Vintage Nishijins

Nice find! I like the dolphin theme. Cute cat too.
    Craig's list is the best for bargain Pachinkos.
    Last edited by DrDark; 04-30-2009 at 07:13 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yep. it's great that we can go out an find these machines that "don't work" and have them running in less than 20 minutes. just need to be a little bit mechanical, which I guess isn't so common these days.

nice machines. I love that UFO. must have been when electronics started to be introduced into the machines. late 70s to 80's? is there a date on the stickers?
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks for the extra pics its nice to see unusual machines like that

and the 25 doller "Parts machine" is a great find

i love making a "parts machine" work again

28. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There are stickers but they don't have the same number schemes / layouts as my others so I don't know if they're actually dates or not. The first pic says "130" and the second says "239-2". They are the only numbers on any of the stickers.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hey Hope,

If there is an expiration date it will be 'hidden' in the Japanese character string on one of the three stickers that has the 239-2 on it.

Look closely at each line of characters. You are looking for two numbers and they are generally not right next to each other. This should be something like 48 or 52 and then 6 or 12. Kinda in the formate of & * # % @ 49 ^ @ # )( {} 6 &^ @ # where the special symbols represent the Japanese Characters.

You may have already realized this and searched for it.. and if so... well.. maybe the next reader can use this info!

Cool find and congrats on becoming a Vintage Restoration Profession (ViRP)!
    Rusty Key

31. The following user says "Thanks" to wrkey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great work!

Happy to see you join the restoration club! I have a machine very similar with the sea background trim - It has a diver with a spear gun attacking a shark. Much less tranquil than your theme. The cell surface is completely trashed, but that will not stop me from restoring that machine. I'm glad to hear yours was a thirty minute cleanup and reset, and that it gained the approval of the furry machine inspector.

Thanks for the earlier pics of the circuit board on the UFO machine - I'm trying to find more info on it now.

33. The following user says "Thanks" to ShockSystem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, I swear to god I'd looked at the stickers on the UFO machine at least 20 times but last night I was looking them again and saw the numbers for the first time. The numbers are much more squared than on my other stickers and at a cursory glance they looked like more Japanese characters.

The numbers are "51" and "9". So that makes it 1976, right?

Quote Originally Posted by wrkey View Post
    hey Hope,

If there is an expiration date it will be 'hidden' in the Japanese character string on one of the three stickers that has the 239-2 on it.

Look closely at each line of characters. You are looking for two numbers and they are generally not right next to each other. This should be something like 48 or 52 and then 6 or 12. Kinda in the formate of & * # % @ 49 ^ @ # )( {} 6 &^ @ # where the special symbols represent the Japanese Characters.

You may have already realized this and searched for it.. and if so... well.. maybe the next reader can use this info!

Cool find and congrats on becoming a Vintage Restoration Profession (ViRP)!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast