Thread: Nishijin Pachinko Awards

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Nishijin Pachinko Awards

Hi there! Been soaking up all the information so far, and this is my first post. Thanks a million for the amazing wealth of info you lot share.

Not too long ago I was able to fullfil a lifelong dream and bought my first pachinko machine, which is this exact one here:

Nishijin Pachinko Awards

Needs some work as it doesn't pay out, but all other functions seem to work well aside from a couple of ball pockets that don't seem to do anything. Balls jam frequently due to non-payout.

I was wondering: does anyone know the name of the guy in the center, or the possible year on this machine? He's still a Nishijin character so I'm thinking he's probably got a name. The few tags on the machine don't have dates.

Not long after buying this machine I met johnnynormal510 and purchased a Nishijin 60s machine from him. That's since expanded to another 60s Nishijin and this week will bring a 60s Sanyo, again from johnnynormal. Thankfully my wife is not phased at all by my obsessions and likes the idea of a couple in the house and a few more in the band studio / game room, so I can probably get one more before I need to start sneaking them in.

Cheers!

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Hope Chest

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin Pachinko Awards

Sorry i can't help with the year or name of the character on your pachinko, but I'm pretty sure other members will chime in...

In the meantime Welcome to PachiTalk!!

PS would love to see pics of your other Pachinkos too
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This appears to be of the 'modern variety' and a hanemo type. I suspect a couple of problems could be working against you. First, look through the pay out tracks in the back and you may find either dirt and grime preventing the correct ball movement or a sensor may not be engaging properly to indicate to the machine that a pay out ball is available.

Since these machines all pay the same jackpot for any pocket, all pockets lead to Rome so to speak. That is to say all ball that fall into a pocket will end up at the same spot for "their turn" in making the jack pot pay. Each pocket however may have additional sensors that indicate to the machine that a particular pocket was entered. I'm thinking a majority of your problems come from the jack pay pay area and once you get that resolved, you should see a HUGE differernce in the way the machine pays out.

I suspect this machine is a late 80's machine due to the style and electronics. It's a great looking machine and good catch! I will tell you though, that you will need TONS of balls to play this type of machine. I have a Sankyo Pochi model about the same year and we tend not to play it as much as it takes SO many balls once the fever round starts and with out a ball lifter, it's quite tedious to play. Of course there will be many that disagree with my view on that!

Anyway, hope this helps, good luck and glad you broke the ice with your post!
    Rusty Key

5. The following user says "Thanks" to wrkey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

welcome aboard !!! be careful the guy who runs that site can't be trusted!!!

he'll be along shortly . me == compirate

7. The following user says "Thanks" to birdbrain

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

made 1990

Supposed to be a Parlor employee, don't know that he has a name.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the responses! If I could only read Japanese things would be SO much easier!

I'm glad to finally know the year. It's definitely a hanemono type and lot of fun to play before it jams up. It's in a really nice custom cabinet, which makes it heavy as all hell, with a drawer at the bottom which the balls drop into from a hole in the cabinet and ball tray above. I'll post a pic of it and my other machines soon (dodgy home computer right now). My avatar is the centrepiece of one of my vintage Nishijins.

I feel you about the necessity of a bunch of balls - when this thing works properly I can see it needing a ton!

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I always post Japanese links to the original Japanese page so anyone can use they're own translators (First thing anyone who owns a pachinko/pachislo should find )

Google Translate

Yahoo! Babel Fish - Text Translation and Web Page Translation

Do you have a lot of balls for the machine yet? If the upper hopper in the back isn't kept fairly full, the payout mech will run out and the machine will jam up with the balls going in the pockets. Which pockets aren't working?

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It came with quite a few balls and I've since bought more, so I should have enough for it. The pockets that don't seem to do anything are the small yellow ones on either side of the centrepiece and the tulips. The tulips open when you put a ball through testing it, but no payout. The Act 1 and Act 2 pockets at the bottom open the wings in the centre and trigger a ton of lights but, again, no payout (not sure if there should be one for these pockets). It's only ever triggered a payout when I've had it open and was trying to clear out a ball jam, which neatly sent a ton of balls all over the kitchen floor.

I will definitely try to get inside of it tonight and see if there is any sort of obvious dirt or debris jamming it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

nice looking machine u have there
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!

Looks like a great machine! I hope that the issues can be solved soon. There are a lot of very helpful people here, so I have confidence it will be.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks to you charming folks, I got it running like a dream last night!!

I undid a huge ball jam using a bent paper clip (finally found the 2 balls that were wedged inside and causing the main fuss), then filled the hopper up to the brim with balls. I ran a ball into a pay pocket...nothing. So I looked at the back again and touched these 2 Z-shaped, bent paperclip lookin' things underneath the feeder line and VOILA! Bells and balls! Put a ball through each pay pocket and every single one worked like a charm, though I can see I'll prolly NEVER get a ball in those yellow pockets!

Then for the big test: fever mode. I loaded up the little guy's tray and put a ball in an Act 1 pocket - the thing went absolutely haywire. Fever mode indeed! Balls were piling out of the damn thing, bells were ringing like mad, the music seemed louder than ever before. I was alternating shooting balls for a few seconds and sending them to the overflow tray for a few seconds to try to keep up. Then all of a sudden it just stopped - I look up and see the empty ball light on. When you said it needed a LOT of balls, that was an understatement!! I can already see I need to build a small box on top for enough balls to last a decent fever round. That ball lifter is looking more and more like a necessity for this machine.

I had an absolute blast once it was fixed. I felt like a kid again.

A virtual toast to all! Cheers!

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Hope Chest